Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are the amount of morons increasing on bnet?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CookiesnCream, Feb 20, 2004.

1. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Are the amount of morons increasing on bnet?

Alright this just happened to me recently. A sorc named "openkunt" made a free 4 newbs game. She said an occy was outside so all the low lvls ran outside and tried to get it but she killed everyone with frozen orb just to get some gold. I could tell people in the game were actually low lvls and didn't have any higher lvls. This sorc actually thought she was "god" or something. So I came back with my lvl 70 Pally to teach her a lesson. I knew the sorc was using the orb/storm build popular in 1.09 and my resists were pretty good so I took her on. I have to admit, the sorc did know how to duel, but her build was not comparable to the cooke-cutter builds of 1.10. So I took her out, and the next thing you know a lvl 80 necro and another high lvl barb come out of nowhere and kill me. So basically it took them 3 vs 1 in order to kill me. I tried to do get my body back but unfortunately they kept nking me and taking my gold. And they also called me "noob" and "pussy". I find that rather ironic considering it took all 3 of them to kill me. So I bring my friend's mf blizzard sorc. And we do a 3 vs 2. My friend kills the barb and I kill the necro (who claimed bone spirit was not overpowered). The sorc almost died but ran back into town. Unfortunately I lost alot of gold due to the nking of the necro and the IBS that orginally killed me. I got some of it back though when I killed the necro. The barb and the necro left the game. Without them the sorc was hopeless so she left as well. I thought this was quite sad. So I thought I'd share some of the cheap things that go around in public bnet. You're welcome to share some of your experiences as well. :clap:

2. lazyassdre

lazyassdre IncGamers Member

Why were you in a free 4 newbs game?

3. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

oh yeah. stupid sorc hostiles our whole party when we were baal running once. around 20 lvls higher than my necro was at the time. a couple bone spirits and she dies...hilariously she wasnt even teleporting. al i did was throw up a bucket load of bonewalls to block the inevitable fireballs, then fire away and booyakka dead sorc. instead of nking i bonewall the crap out of the corpse!

4. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Another moronic activity I've been noticing on Bnet is Tping at Ancients.

Usually some char will join an Ancients game (I've seen it in all difficulties). Then wait until 2 of them are down, throw a TP, to reset. You can tell that it's not that they didn't know about the TP rule, cause they are usually higher leveled, always stand in the corner, wait until the quest is on the verge being completed, then TP to piss everyone off.

Of course, the general intelligence/attitude of Bnetters are never high to begin with. I always tell the rest of the party to reform the party and hostile the person to make them leave. But instead of listening, the party is content in shouting "noob" or something like that continuously, as that would help matters.

Sigh...

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Heh, a paladin once hostiled on my wifes Barb when I was training him...both the accountname and character name are some that are really cute/cuddly sounding, so he thought I was easy pray.

Since I don't duel at all and don't know whats really effective, I was very nervous, but decided to go ahead and finish my Bhaal run.

Sure enough, while I was engaging the minions, this red cross comes towards me...I instinctively hit the whirl button...

And *WHAM*...he was dead...LOL

Everyone in the game was laughing at the PK for getting killed by a character with such a cuddlycute girlie name.

6. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

LOL, that's the best story I've heard on this site yet. It sounds like a David and goliath thing.

7. CookiesnCream

Yeah, it's sad when pkers can't pk. :lol: Wow, looking back at my post, I noticed a lot of redundancies, but then again I did type it pretty fast and I'm too lazy to make corrections.

8. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

These types of problems have been going on for a very very long time. Its nothing new, although one would have thought that after all this time these morons will get bored with their idiotic actions. You'd think its contagious or something :rolleyes:

9. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I could increase the number of morons on battle.net even more if I decide to return to the game.

10. CookiesnCream

Yes, but it was just sad that after all the boasting and bragging they did, they lost 3 vs 2.

11. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Its not how big the opposing party is, its how much skill they possess as a whole. You cannot expect much from pubby duelists, most of them are just newbies who got their "godly" items from eBay. Forgive me if I sound rude or obnoxious or whatever, but winning or losing a pubby duel means nothing, unless of course you win a 7v1 duel where all your opponents were using hacked to hell gear (in 1.09). Of course, there are a very *and I emphasise very* few pubby duelers that are legit and actually know how to duel. And for prevailing in a realm of immature "n00bs", I commend them.

12. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

one funny moment was when i was in a public baal game. afterwards some pally asks if anyone wants to duel. some sorc says sure along with some other guy. so they go out there. sorc kills pally pally runs to get body, runs right into the sorcs fireball (she was shooting at the other guy), dies. pally starts screaming that the sorc nked him.

So he goes out and gets his body, kills the sorc and then proceeds to nker her around 10-15 times. This guy would charge the sorc the second she stepped out of town. So i hostile this bastard and come at him through the cold plains wp. well hammerdins kill most melee chars fairly easily and this time was no exception.
    "lol noob hammers" (charges) DEAD
    "wtf"
    I set up with my hammer field just over the edge of his body ( I dont like to nk but this guy was a total jerk and had nked the sorc a dozen times, so i figured he deserved it)

he charges again DEAD 'hmmm"
    again, DEAD "UR LUCKY NOOB!"
    again DEAD "HAXOR!!!"
    leaves game

i give his gold to the sorc.

13. CookiesnCream

Alright, I agreed with what you said. I just found the whole experience to be quite amusing, sadly, the sorc still thought she was better than us. But she couldn't really back up anything she said. Nice avatar by the way.

14. Xecras

Xecras IncGamers Member

And I thought 95% moron percentage couldn't increase any further. :rant:

That's why we have to treasure the good people, and not bring up the idiots who should be shot.

15. timay_006

timay_006 IncGamers Member

lol, i do this often aswell, but only when they are nked killing...like this one time this sorc came out of nowhere when i was dueling a lvl 94 zon (i was lvl 50 at the time, and i could easily win....i'm quite proud of my new and improved necro) the sorc ends up killing me (she was lvl 35 or something) and starts to brag...but she only won cuz i was weakened from the zon....So anyway i go out and now the zon and the sorc are partied. So they NK me every time i come out, until the zon went in town for arrows. I cast 5 bone spirits (well i am naked) , just as a diversion, and the sorc dies, i end up being 'King dueler' in the game, and after i killed them both i bone walled thier courpses continly. (yes i am a terrible speller)

16. Bonesman

Bonesman IncGamers Member

I was running my necro in Act 2 norm, since I just started him, he was doing well for being lvl 15, when a lvl 70 something Druid pops in the game and hostiles everyone. We all are still running, questing, minding our own business, when out of nowhere here he comes and in two hits I'm dead, as was the barb that I was running with at the time. Everyone else was in town at the time. So after he kills us he starts yelling how he's the man, and we're stupid noobs (which I hate that term it's the dumbest, most childish thing in the world). Players like that make the game unfun for everyone else. They should be banned and have the Blizzard programmers that still work there show up at his house and beat him with a pole.

17. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

I love using TPs when people do Hell Ancients! Especially when they're just about to kill the last one, and I open a TP.

:D

~Hearts~

18. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

The amount of morons is the same, they just learned how to type.

19. CookiesnCream

LOL, almost the same exact thing happened today. A lvl 86 sorc joins our cow game and says "free stuff outside", so she killls all the low lvls with frozen orb. So I bring my pally once again to " own" the lvl 86 sorc (different sorc than last time). She had a lvl16 friend with her and to make along story short, I killed them both. Then the sorc comes back with the barb, and then I kill the barb and then he claims it was "lag" while he died trying to whirlwind me lol. I stole all their gold and gave it back to the low level. :lol:

20. tl998

tl998 Banned

How much you guys wanna bet that 99% of all the morons on bnet are American?