Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are PVM Fury Druids very equipment dependent?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by TraxisX, Feb 16, 2004.

1. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Are PVM Fury Druids very equipment dependent?

Or could they do well untwinked? I don't have many good items, (or a means of getting them, yet) so I am a bit worried about not being able to survive with below-average equipment. Also, I have my build pretty much decided, but I was wondering if it is worth putting any points into the vines? Would a Carrion Vine do any good, or does Feral Rage leech enough on its own?

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

this was just posted the other day .... if on ladder and are skilled you will have zero problem w/ this since the only items that you would need to get are kind of easy to obtain to do decent.

rib cracker
    resist armor (lion heart is nice if not 4 socketed armor w/ good maybe ral ort tal thul in it .... you got most of them runes from saving barb quest in act 5).

after that your set to be honest .... sig boots + gloves are nice ... so is some kind of all resist helm. Basically if you get your resist up build well so you have good life you should do fine ..... only item dependent thing you need is weapon ... use ribcracker at low lvls then go to IK maul at high lvls ... both are very cheap to get.

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Upgraded ribcracker is as good as ik maul too btw.
    I would make a different character to start though, maybe consider hammerdin, skellymancer or something.

4. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I realize this ... but when your on ladder and you are poor you try to get a pul + lum compared to getting an IK maul. Pul is quite valueable where as IK maul you could potentially get for free.

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Pul is easy to get..nm or hell forge you can probably trade or get a pul.

6. Atompilz

Atompilz IncGamers Member

I think a hammerdin is pretty +skill dependent, too, aren't they? (I don't know, I haven't played one yet.) I would suggest a skelliemancer....easiest character to play untwinked, imho. You don't need resists, +skills are easy enough to find in terms of amulets, shields, and wands, and you can easily convert it to MF, I have pretty much everything I need on ladder that I found through playing mine.

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

cant depend on them quest my new pally i just made got eth + ral + io off of norm/nm/hell forge quest. Besides you could get a jalals + other gear for that pul ... pul is worth a good bit on east btw. Pul > lem + ko on east easily. That may not sound like a huge bit but if your starting off clean and w/ a wolf (non-mfer) that can end up being a lot of wealth.

basically you get more for your dollar if you go IK over ribcracker ...

8. Atompilz

Atompilz IncGamers Member

IF you can get a pul, I think an upgraded high ed ribcracker is the way to go. The minimum damage on my upgraded 297% ed ribracker is higher than the max damage of the IK maul, and when you factor in the 100% defense, the 50% ias, the 50% CB, 50% fhr, it's a pretty sweet weapon. But yeah, puls are worth a decent amount, still, I think its worth the pul.

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Im not saying that it isnt I personally got a 297 eth uped one .... all i am saying is that in his post it specifically states:

'I don't have many good items, (or a means of getting them, yet) so I am a bit worried about not being able to survive with below-average equipment.'

For this reason IF he finds a pul and lum he might be better off to try and get a free IK maul and/or trade Pul for Ik maul + gloves + belt + boots (could get this btw), then trade the lum for any ed jalals. Thus you get massive ar and elemental damage AND jalals vs. just getting 1 weapon. that is good but ... i would use IK pieces + jalals over ribcracker + randomly found junk helm anyday.

What I'm saying is that you also have to take into consider is it worth the pul if the rest of my gear sucks?