Are pubs safe now?

ThomasJohnsen

Diabloii.Net Member
Are pubs safe now?

Has anyone been TPPK'ed on the new ladder yet :girly:.

It would seem to me, that they have fixed it so that TPPK is no longer possible:

Code:
    Fixed Game Exploits

[B]- It is no longer possible to bypass the 10-second hostility timer by
  activating a waypoint at the same time as declaring hostility.[/B]
- Uber Diablo is no longer killed when Shenk the Overseer or Blood Raven
  die nearby.
- Necromancers with Trang-Oul's Set equipped could sometimes become
  invincible to attack.  This has been corrected.
- Blessed Hammer no longer remains active while in town, preventing
  players from subsequently declaring hostility and having the hammers hit
  other players for damage.
- Set items retained their multi-piece bonuses after the player died, even
  though they were removed.  This has been corrected.
- Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to
  skills when equipped on a character without those skills.
- Pasting from the Clipboard no longer allows the creation of characters
  with more than one dash or underscore in their name.
This will really be good news for the Hardcore community IMO.

EDIT: Duuh I haven't had much sleep. I see now that this is in relation to WPs and not TPs. My bad.

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Are pubs safe now?

Yea I was gonna say, didn't they already patch all of that.

Though to be honest I didn't assume you had read the wrong patch notes I just figured Blizzard was that lazy they'd re-release them and hope nobody noticed. I have lots of faith in them as you may be able to tell.

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

Most people in games says no hacks work in this patch.. maybe it is correct?

DarkPact

Diabloii.Net Member

If you do a quick search you can see what hacks currently work. I don't condone them, but it's always nice to know what to look out for in public games.

Of topic: How is the new ladder season? Can't find my disks or cd keys, so I can't play for another few weeks. Highest level so far?

TraderScope

Diabloii.Net Member

If you do a quick search you can see what hacks currently work. I don't condone them, but it's always nice to know what to look out for in public games.

Of topic: How is the new ladder season? Can't find my disks or cd keys, so I can't play for another few weeks. Highest level so far?
So, can you tell me what to look out for then, currently?

PestInReace

Diabloii.Net Member

Just saw a soso trying to kill a druid using TPPK in a hellbaal. Sigh, pubbies are already infected by TPPKers :surprise:

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Just saw a soso trying to kill a druid using TPPK in a hellbaal. Sigh, pubbies are already infected by TPPKers :surprise:
I haven't seen you on Fred...are you only on during the day when i'm stuck in the office?!

TraderScope

Diabloii.Net Member

The TPPK is the same as before, nothing changed. Sad that nothing has been done about it.

PestInReace

Diabloii.Net Member

I haven't seen you on Fred...are you only on during the day when i'm stuck in the office?!
Forgot to tell you that i've made a new acc for the reset: HaveMercy.
I'm online mostly in the evenings but i've taken a little break from the game for a few days. I might be online tonight.
Btw, are you using the same acc as before?

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member

Since bots and tppk are outside-scripted events they will continue to work. Things like maphack might be off for a few days.

Liqua

Diabloii.Net Member

Best to err on the side of caution and assume that pub games are not safe - play with friends, people you meet, etc, or private games solo (which I admit is not quite so fun but far safer).

I always feel "twitchy" when a high level joins the game even if they are just there to assist - had a couple of instances whereby the dreaded fanfare comes and the hostile icons show but in that instance it's onto the escape key to exit the game.

Adds to the excitement ... I am new to HC and love the element of "mess up and you're dead" but not when you know a potential PKer can (or has the potential to) cheat.

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Forgot to tell you that i've made a new acc for the reset: HaveMercy.
I'm online mostly in the evenings but i've taken a little break from the game for a few days. I might be online tonight.
Btw, are you using the same acc as before?
Heheheh, I saw the acc around and you even popped into op gauss one day and said elo, but as I didn't recognize the account name you just got a general elo back!

I am on a lot more than before, as the last 2 months or so I took a break but the new ladder has given me a burst...same accounts as before, only using TheDK again atm, won't open TheDKii unless I feel like building my Windy and Trapper as those two didn't get build last season, along with my Hammerdin, who is the glory of the Signature now being level 1 all last season!

Ruff

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is a list of hacks that are supposed to work on the 1.12 patch.

* Patched D2Gfx.dll (for multiple instances)
* D2Loader
* D2Color
* TMC's Breakpoint Mod and GMOD
* Failed To Join Game Delay Reducer (Battle.net & TCP/IP versions)
* SOJ Count Reporter
* AutoHammer
* RevealFurther
* Show Monsters on Automap Mod
* RDBlocker
* Spam filter
* Item level viewer
* Patched EPLite Maphack
* Corpse Killer
* Item Drop Notifier
* Warden Watcher
* Game Filter
* R1CH's CD Key Viewer
* D2Helper
* MMHack
* mMap Maphack
* AutoTeleport

So it doesn't look like we are completly safe from the world of TPPK's. Even if we are, they still have AutoTele and TMC's.

And of course, people will be have been working on Hacks for 1.12 since the minute it was released, and there will always be somebody working on a new hack to spoil the game for HC's.

robzombiesslave

Diabloii.Net Member

Tppks are def still possible I tried legit tppk with one of my friends with a number of skills and projectiles.. Yes it still works the same. idk if any thirdparty programs still work.