Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are Pgems really a viable BNet currency?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Meosha, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Are Pgems really a viable BNet currency?

It just sounds too good to be true...I always have trouble finding any runes at all, but gems come to me fairly often. Can I really get anything good for them?

2. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Low to low mid level gear, maybe.

Cubing isn't what it was in 1.09, I don't think.

3. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Specifically, I'm looking for Tal Rasha's stuff.

4. toader

toader Banned

Well...people in 1.09 cubed for legit Bows and Swords to counter the ITHS. Now we have BOTDs which are far superior to any cubed weapon and also....zons and barbs are teh suck now.

People do (should) still be cubing baal charms though.

edit:

You can get all of tal rashas set (except armor and maybe ammy) for p. gems.

5. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Yes cubing is still big.
    Charm cubing now.
    skillers, vita charms, res all charms. you can cube em all.

Pgems do pretty well as currency. And yes you can even trade very good items for it. You might need several mules full to trade some of those items though.

6. UncleJoel

UncleJoel IncGamers Member

i think Pgems are a great currency. their not hard to find :spy: and if you save them up, you can get low - to mid/high, just keep collecting them, almost anyone here will trade for them (of course you wont be getting v.high and expensive stuff for pgms because their in a class of their own)
    Its very hard to find anyone who will trade for them in the channels or in trading games, but on these forums :thumbsup:

7. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

If you are patient, you can get anything for Pgems. The only problem is that you can only trade with people you trust if you are looking for good gear. THe going rate right now is approx 60 pgems = um, and that's more than 1 screenful...

8. Rigel Kent

Rigel Kent IncGamers Member

Pgems are currency, but mainly only for new players and variants. Popular builds drive the price of their desired equipment WAY up, far beyond what you can get with pgems. Tal Rasha's set is popular, therefore be prepared to face inflated prices.

You can probably get the belt and mask for pgems, but don't count on getting any of the rest without at least Um's for trade.

On the other hand, my variants usually don't have a problem getting good gear for pgems... my holy fire paladin bought his Demon Machine for a song, 2 Cathan's Rings for the price of 1, and Razortail wasn't very expensive either. If I were looking for hammerdin gear, though, I might not have bothered collecting perfs-- no way you can get Pally Combat charms for pgems!

9. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

for low level gear they are an easy currency because all the sorces who do hell meph runs find tons of such gear. Then, they sell that gear for pgems as fast as possible, not minding much how many gems they get for it.

All those pgems are then usually used for cubing gems, but you can trade higher level stuff with it as well.
    I have yesterday bought an arreats with pgems and pgems were part of the price i payed for IK armor.
    Recently on the forum i saw somone offer a 1.5 mule of pgems for some complete set (it was one of the high chracter specific sets, dont remember wich one though) Dunno if the trade is done, but the seller seemed interested.

10. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I've purchased some pretty nice gear with pgems....while it won't get you the most über of gear...it can actually get you pretty good gear, yes, even Tal Rashas.

Look for big time MF'ers looking for pgems for cubing.

11. Gul'Dan

Gul'Dan IncGamers Member

You can get alot of good items via p-gem. I seen people value about 50 pgems for a pul, and i think that's about 1/3 or 1/4 of a tal armor. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to get 50 pgems (150 flawless) if you specifically looking for them, while people can easily get a pul worth of items when mf for 2 to 3 hours, so maybe it's worth it to them.

as others said, pgems are good for cubing charms. With cows out of the picture charms are much more rare than before. So instead of doing useless and hard to kill cow runs people just buy pgems in bulks to cube them.

The best thing to do with pgem is to trade them for mid runes like pul, and work your way up from here. Of course you won't have extreme advantage since, a mal is about 3 or 4 pul, which means you need 150+ pgems for a mal, 300+ pgems for ist, or about 800+ pgems for a ber, so about 1.6k pgems for enigma, or 4.8k flawless gems. Assume it takes you 1 minute to collect a flawless (not easy), it will take you 4800/60 = 80 hours for an enigma, and alot of tedious trading.

12. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

Gems are probably the best item for new players to start to get usable equipment. You'll have a way easier time trading pgems than a bunch of low/mid level items. You can get some real good stuff with pgems. I've even seem a couple Shakos go for pgems. I think they went for 60-80.