Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are Necros good for MF?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ReZon, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ReZon

ReZon Diabloii.Net Member

Are Necros good for MF?

If so, which path should I take? Right now I have a lvl 73 Zon MF, but she can't handle Hell Act I, so I'm determined to make a tougher character. I plan to transfer most of her MF gear to my new Nec. I'm not much for Barbs or Sorcs even though I hear they are the best MFers.

Right now I have a lvl 12 Summoner, but I can scrap him if I have gone wrong.

Any help and gear preferences/favorites appreciated.

2. cotton

cotton Diabloii.Net Member

Summoners make for good mf characters, as their strength is derived from their minions, not their gear. Follow Nightfishes excellent guide and dress him up in MF gear when he reaches high level. Anything with +skills and mf will work great on your summoner, as it strengthens minions, allowing you to hide behind your army and benefit from mf. My mf summoner wears skulders, shako, rhyme, gull dagger, and assorted rares, although there is alot of other gear that would work. He does very well in all poplular mf areas except mephisto; I would recommend using enigma or some other method of unlimited teleporting if you are planning on running mephy. If you've got 'nigma, he'd do find with mephy, too.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Some people use Venomancers to MF. They are more gear dependant, but they can run certain areas without a lot of poison immunes very fast. You’ll need to balance the amount of MF gear with the amount of -%Enemy Res, +% Poison Damage and +skills.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

I've been contemplating making a non marrow walk bonemancer for MFing so he can put War Travs on. I'll probably keep a good white wand in the weapon slot though. I'm just sick of running into immunities with my meteorber. Magic Immunes seem considerably less common and I can always just curse and ignore those. It's also nice to actually be able to use bone prison without paying umpteen thousand gold a pop.

5. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally Diabloii.Net Member

I used a venom/summon hybrid to mf with. only got about 200 mf, but man oh man, was it a madhouse with that guy. He found grandfathers, ists out the rear end, even a coa, and other cool stuff.

I used:: partial trangs (gloves/armor/shield)
    harle
    marrowalks
    wizardspike/white wand (was my main source of resists)
    rare belt with lightning resist/fhr/str/life
    rare rings with 10 fcr, stats, mana (lucky find) and other with mana/mf
    some dumb ammy

random charms with life/resist/mf/mana, whatever I could find. It didn't have much mf (250 tops at any given time), but he could kill anything in the game, he was fun to play, and he was easy to play. I pretty much started him untwinked and went thru collecting pgems to trade for this or that. Very easy to play him.

--welt

6. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano Diabloii.Net Member

With a poison/summon hybrid where did u MF and where did u find some of those elites? I m building one slowly between other chars and he is lvl62ish. I know the pits are good for him but where else?

Cheers K

I really like my tals blizzsorc for most MFing.

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 Diabloii.Net Member

Great places to run with poison/skellymancer are the pits, pindle, shenk and eldritch. I personally would use Deaths Web, skullders/enigma, and three piece trang though (especially for pindle, as -res in gear is not effected by the 1/5th penalty after LR removes the immunity).

Another good place is the Flayer Jungle, the shear amount of drops (from all the little flayers) makes up for the lack of a decent superunique (besides stormtree). Also, unique flayer shamen drop twice, once when you kill them and shaman form and another when you kill them in flayer form.

Powerful poison/skelly necros can pretty easily solo baal runs, and theirs nothing wrong with experience and drops in the same run ;). Also, all of WSK is a lvl 85 area, and you get 5 superuniques and a lvl 99 boss on this run. Make sure you gear up your merc with alot of crushing blow though :D

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

Not worth the extra 50% (if perfect) mf. You will lack way too much dam as a bonemancer with mf gears and no marrows. You will have to use atleast more than 1 spear on hell Fallens.

- Dennis

9. ToasterStrudel

ToasterStrudel Diabloii.Net Member

What kind of immunes are you running into that you cant kill with a meteorber?
    Or at least with your merc...

10. dang79

dang79 Diabloii.Net Member

I think he probably means that on MF runs you want to do something repetitive and not have to switch to orb when you meet a fire immune and use meteor on a cold immune.

Thats why I stopped using my meteorb.

11. ebyworx

ebyworx Diabloii.Net Member

I find my necromancer faster then any build at mfing due to the lack of monsters that can actually stand up to my skels

12. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

My bone/summon necro is now lvl 86 and goes hell pindle/shenk/eldritch/memphisto for kicks with 0%mf and the sheer speed that he does these runs and how safe they are has brought me griffon's, doom, shako, IK armor, etc. This is what i did :

Max Skelly Mastery
    Max Raise Skelly
    Max Spirit
    Max Bone Spear
    Rest into Bonewall

I am not using marrow yet and i do 1k spirit. Get a might merc with a bonehew (2*amn) /duriels/tals mask and he never dies with skellies, golem and mages around him! For Memphisto start not with amp but life tap and see your merc's health if its holding up then amp - oh and revive tose blood lords! They seem smart and stay a distance while casting their meteors and you could mix Lower Resist on Memp and trust me he falls within 2 mins and you could even open chests or have a smoke lol. My gear (i started untwinked)

Vipermagi
    Homunculus (p-diamond)
    Arm Of King Leoric
    Nightsmoke Belt
    +2necro/resists/str circlet
    dwaftstar (fire absorb)
    bahamuts ring of xx (+100 mana)
    trang gloves
    nats boots

Since then my barb isnow doing mf runs but for pindle my necro is king :p I have close to max resists and the only reason i dun do hell baalmore often is cos of thse gloams :( Thinking over i could go with shako/skullders/'splendour' head/wizspike and 2x nagels and think my effectiveness won't suffer much :p Hope i helped in some way