Are High Lvl Ravens Good?

Salo

Diabloii.Net Member
Uriah_Heep said:
I have ravens slvl 10 and in pvm they blind pretty well for me.

they really rock.

if you had that and likee shockwave, the screen would be very quiet.

Rascargil

Diabloii.Net Member
er ... no. the air will be filled with 'squawks'.

i once dueled another druid once. saw how my lvl 4 ravens can put a dent to his hp

Parapsycho

Diabloii.Net Member
High level ravens are good!
At slvl20 You get 5, they have 31 hits, and do a max damage of 23. (pls correct if wrong), so if you do the math, thats 713 max dmg per raven, and 3565 max damage total. If you factor in the fact that they cast 'blind', and that monsters cant fight back against them, they are very valuable. Only problem is that you cant control what monsters they attack, but at only 6 mana each, you can recast to your hearts content.
BTW, anyone know what the stats on ravens are over slvl20?

Parapsycho

Diabloii.Net Member
ok.
I figured outthe formulas for Raven Damage

Number of hits = slvl + 11
Min. Damage (per hit) = slvl + 1
Max. Damage (per hit) = slvl + 3

So, at slvl 30, each raven will have 41 hits, and do 31-33 dmg.
If you calculate total damage, that comes out to 1271-1353 per raven, or 6355-6765 total dmg for your whole flock.

slvl 35
46 hits per raven
36-39 dmg per hit
1656-1794 dmg per raven
8280-8970 dmg per flock

slvl 40
51 hits per raven
41-43 dmg per hit
2091-2193 dmg Per raven
10,455-10,965 dmg per flock

These figures are providing that the damage increases stay the same...

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
Where a sorceress casts fire ball 3 times a second with 10k each, you're waiting a few minutes until the ravens have actually done all those hits. I don't think it's even enough to counter the regeneration rate of most monsters in hell.

spartacvs

Diabloii.Net Member
Soepgroente said:
Where a sorceress casts fire ball 3 times a second with 10k each, you're waiting a few minutes until the ravens have actually done all those hits. I don't think it's even enough to counter the regeneration rate of most monsters in hell.
Good point
Ravens utility is to blind targets. They do it well. Now is it worth maxing it? Prbably better to recast it more often. :scratch:

Keaka26

Diabloii.Net Member
ravens add resist all to spirit wolf, dire wolf and grizzly. 5% resist all per level after level 1 I believe.