Are fat purples bugged?

tao4now

Diabloii.Net Member
Are fat purples bugged?

I'm having a consistent problem with full rejuves - in the heat of battle they are having no effect on my orbs.

I'm not getting interrupted in the course of drinking them; they disappear from my belt as fast as I care to punch keys. They simply have no effect.

Since I'm usually in dire need of one when I reach for it (usually relying on leech), this is a source of some concern.

Any light you can shed would be appreciated.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're not holding in shift and thereby feeding them to the merc I don't know. They always work for me.

And I have to add another thing:
If you drink a potion by mistake it's always a full rejuvination. Murphy's alive and kicking!

tao4now

Diabloii.Net Member
No shift down - no merc either!

Weirdness.

Thanks for the reply, though.

edit: Oh yeah, you're certainly right about the mis-keyed potion. I assign function keys to skills and and 1234 to belt slots, so it happens.

Another one is the "double drink" from landing your finger between two belt-slot hotkeys in the heat of battle.

jkins

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearox said:
If you're not holding in shift and thereby feeding them to the merc I don't know. They always work for me...
*fires up diablo and holds shift key while drinking a potion thereby feeding it to the merc*

wow, ive been playing this game for years and i never knew about that one...thx

/jkins

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
And yet I wonder how they taste... and how a hero can swallow dozens of them in a short amount of time without throwing up...:scratch:

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
And yet I wonder how they taste... and how a hero can swallow dozens of them in a short amount of time without throwing up...:scratch:
They taste like chicken. They are all a standard volume of 1ml, thus making it quite possible to store them in a belt without encumberance and also ensuring that any number can be consumed in a set space of time.

What I'd be more concerned about is, since these heroes consume so much fluid, why do they never have to go for a bathroom break...?

phatlewt

Diabloii.Net Member
tao4now said:
I'm having a consistent problem with full rejuves - in the heat of battle they are having no effect on my orbs.

I'm not getting interrupted in the course of drinking them; they disappear from my belt as fast as I care to punch keys. They simply have no effect.

Since I'm usually in dire need of one when I reach for it (usually relying on leech), this is a source of some concern.

Any light you can shed would be appreciated.
I know exactly what you mean! I used up 8 FJ's and nothing happened -_-"

I always thought it was because of the "hit recovery" animation that stops you from drinking it. :S

Thanks for the shift+potion tip, btw

ButterFace

Diabloii.Net Member
It might be caused by momentary lag. It happens to me sometimes on my crappy cable connection. Ill be running around killing my ping will jump up past 1000 Ill get hit a couple of time use a potion.....nothing, die, reenter game pick up body and be missing a potion anyway. Thats how it always happens for me. Or you could just be getting hit a ton.

th5418

Banned
Shade said:
What I'd be more concerned about is, since these heroes consume so much fluid, why do they never have to go for a bathroom break...?
They do go on bathroom breaks. WHen we dont play, they go behind Akara's tent and do their business... :worship:

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Shade said:
They don't eat or sleep either. Or even act slightly handicapped when seriously wounded, that I've noticed...

Think about it. If you'd been recently beaten and hacked to something slightly less viscous than a pulp, would you still be able to pick up two [email protected]$$ swords and leap twenty yards while wearing full metal body armor (assuming you could healthy)?

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Healing Potions are Mountain Dew: Code Red. Mana potions are Pepsi Blue. And Rejuvs are fine wine.

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna said:
Healing Potions are Mountain Dew: Code Red. Mana potions are Pepsi Blue. And Rejuvs are fine wine.
Heals = Red Death. Mana = Blue Maui. Rejuvs = Purple Haze.

Thats why chars don't feel effects of wounds. They feel too good ;)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna said:
And yet they don't get drunk... more mysteries.

Try 'healing' yourself a couple of times at Atma, to see if your character gets drunk :p

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolv said:
Heals = Red Death. Mana = Blue Maui. Rejuvs = Purple Haze.

Thats why chars don't feel effects of wounds. They feel too good ;)
I prefer the caffeine buzz concept, and my idea also explains why whenever you double drink, it's a rejuv.

Shade said:
They taste like chicken. They are all a standard volume of 1ml, thus making it quite possible to store them in a belt without encumberance and also ensuring that any number can be consumed in a set space of time.

They just go in their armor. Why do you think it needs repairing so often? All that rusty pee crap in there...