Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are ebay items legit?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Morvegil, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morvegil

Morvegil IncGamers Member

Are ebay items legit?

How many of you actually buy items on ebay? They claim to sell items for use on ladder. If their not legit, are they dupes? I though you couldn't do things like dupe in ladder games.

2. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

yes and no, from what i have heard, but if you are buying from some average job that is just selling like tals ss occys want what not, (mule accs) then its likely not ot be duped or nothing, but if you go to buy from a big compnay like hmmmmmmmm (insert a random d2 item shop thats selling high runes cheap)then they are most likely duped especially the high runes,

just my 2 cents

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

rawrj, you should probably edit out those links.

With regards to the ebay items being legit.... that would probably depend on your definition of legit. In real life, if you need to purchase fish from a store, you can't really call yourself a fisherman :lol: .

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

These guys are trying to make some cash from selling diablo 2 items, so I doubt their items are duped. Would be quite bad for business if someone bought a few hrs in diablo 2 online shop (for real cash), only to see them disappear 2 days later due to bliz security measures. :rolleyes:

Ok I might be totally wrong, but that's just my 5 cents.

5. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

if you search on google for fourms about duping, here are duping porgrams that actaully work out there, but are not avaiable to the public, only online stores and what not, but if i go on ebay i could get 40 ber runes, how the hell do you find 40 ber runes.................. i took me 1 month of pure mfing to find 1 >.<

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I doubt any runes sold could be legit. Think of the amount of time it takes to get a self found high rune. Even if you just play a character through the game and are lucky enough to get a Gul/Ist from the Hellforge it's still going to take a couple of days. Therefore, that rune should be worth hundreds of dollars or so considering the time taken.

Even if you have a character rushed its going to take a couple of hours so the rune would be worth about 20-30 dollars at least. Since there are 8(?) different runes available not just IST/GUL then times that by 4 say. This means considering the opportunity cost of the players time even an IST/GUL should probably be worth nearly 100 dollars just considering the opportunity costs.

7. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

so why are stores selling any 40 high runes for $38.99 ...............

only can say dupe >.<

8. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Hmm maybe I am wrong, but in theory someone (or some diablo 2 "shop") could be running say... 100 bots? That would make all items perfectly legit :p. Seeing there's hardly any punishment for such activity right now.

That's not really the fastest way, but not impossible :rolleyes:.

9. Ehein

Ehein IncGamers Member

They dupe the runes then they up them before they poof. They arent legit by any means but they rarely poof.

10. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

notice the disclaimer in every ebay sale that says that the seller is not responsible to what happens to the items after the mule is sent? That's a clear indication that the items are duped or obtained using 3rd party programs and could poof on you. Don't let the seller's 99.9% positive feedback fool you.

11. GreatStupidPastry

GreatStupidPastry IncGamers Member

Eh.. don't even buy anything for diablo that requires actual money, besides the game itself. Imo that's just retarded and makes the game not as fun (and costly).

12. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

There is a slight (Pretty high) chance that even the most common items are not legit, i.e. botted. They are of course legit in the terms that a monster has dropped it, but there stops any similarities too a item some one found of meph, diablo, or [insert a common target for MFers] after hours and hours of grinding work. Using money on such items supports the botter with money.

- D.J.

13. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Another thread to kill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.