Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

are any .08 valks on ladder legit?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ronaldo, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

are any .08 valks on ladder legit?

just wondering if a .08 valk can actually spawn still? are any legit?

2. Vesio

Vesio IncGamers Member

as far as i know that would be no. Even way back in 1.09 most of the 1.08 items were dupes so I highly doubt that any survived to make it into this ladder season.

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

.08 Valks only spawned in version 1.08 (duh). Ladder seasons started in 1.10....the answer is pretty clear to me. :rolleyes:

4. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Haha, altana has the answer. A ladder is a fresh start, so no items exist at all at the beginning of the ladder. And since the last ladder started in 1.11, any legit item on ladder is a 1.11 item.

5. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

The question I have is how people manage to contaminate the ladder with things like that. Duping seems simple by comparison.

6. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

This deserves signature space.

7. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

well most of the items on arreat summit say only spawns in .09 or later so seeing as .11 is later.. i was just curios if a .08 could get in there... Thanks nickedoff for your useless post and your attempt at being funny in a thread that takes a simple 'no' to answer.

8. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The .08 valks cannot spawn in 1.11 as the stats have changed. Any valks that spawn will be the ones with the new stats.

As for .08 valks on Ladder, all dupes and hacked to the Ladder.

Calm down. I actually found that funny. It should be common sense that since the stats have changed, only the new stats will ever spawn.

9. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

what about failed uniques on rares and magics? if something like that can happen then i was just wondering if something wierd could happen and a .08 spawns. I guess you can feel free to laugh at my question compared to blizzard allowing the item to be hacked on to ladder in the first place..

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It already happened that 1.08 items or non-ladder items in general poured into ladder by hacking. They can't be generated regularly and the chance for a bugged item having exactly the stats of a 1.08 unique is very, very small.

Failed uniques and set items simply have triple/double durability. There shouldn't ba a higher chance for them to become 1.08 items instead.

IMO a humorous version of this would have been the better way to react to nickedoff's posting instead of getting excited about such a minor matter. After all, your question actually was funny, even though it might have been meant to contain feigned naivety regarding the 1.08 items which are actually present in ladder. It's a little similar to asking "Which monster drops Baal charms ?" which is a clumsy way of asking which monsters can drop charms with any affix.

11. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

It will never happen. Failed unique will spawn rare with 3x durability instead, where Failed set will spawn magic with 2x durability instead.

12. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

I can see where you might be confused when there are .08 items hacked into ladder, and also by the blatently irresponsible use of the word "Legit" in the diablo community lately. The thing you have to realise: Most the people using this word either A: Have no idea what it means, B:Actually believe that what they have IS legit, which is a pretty high level of naivety, C: They know their item is unstable and just want YOU to think it is., or finally D: They're just an idiot and can't help but repeat the terms they see everyone else using. The answer may actually be more than one of the choices but you get the point.
    Words that mean nothing: Legit, permed, ...anyone else car to add to this list?
    Short answer, no. The odds of them even being "legit" on non-ladder are pretty infinitecimal.

13. Bordillo

Bordillo Banned

one could spawn by random chance

14. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

O rly?

15. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

If that will happen I can get a 3os crown of ages too.

16. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you mean that a rare helm or circlet can spawn with these mods: It can't.

1.08 Valkyrie wing:

30%FRW
    30%IAS
    30%FCR
    30%FHR
    Bonus to defense

The best you can get is a diadem with 2 sockets, 20%FCR, 30%FRW, 10%FHR and one socket being filled with either an IAS jewel or a shael rune (adds 20%FHR).

17. songmage

songmage IncGamers Member

u know....

I wonder.....

I remember back in s1 there was like a 5 minute window when ladder and nonladder games merged and suddenly there were .08's n stuff

If that is the same principle, what do you suppose are the odds of someone having found a valk in .08 legitly and brought it to ladder in 1.11.

A legit .08 valk in ladder?

Course then it was duped so I guess that kinda shoots that to hell.

18. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

In patch 1.08 they could, not now.

I love when people tell me their items are perm. One guy tried to trade me a 3/20/20 for my 398% eBOTDz. He said it was perm, so it was worth it. When I asked how, he said "Noob do you know what perm is?"

:rolleyes:

19. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The words "legit" and "perm" means nothing anymore. They're only used to entice people to pay premium prices for them.

20. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Not true. Legit is generally used when selling some sort of rare that has mods that aren't a known dupe, like a legit FCR ring with certain stats. Perm should only be trusted when dealing with a very select group of sellers.

Also, no, any 08 valk on L is not legit. They're not even able to spawn anymore on NL, what makes you think they can on L all of a sudden?