Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are all celebrities ******** or just rappers?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ScanMan, Jan 31, 2004.

1. ScanMan

ScanMan IncGamers Member

Are all celebrities ********, or just rappers?

Hello y'all,

My wife is a schoolteacher here in Houston. Her school was one of the ones selected to provide students to be the on-field "audience" for the Super Bowl halftime show, and my wife is one of the teachers who will be supervising the students from her school during the show.

Yes, this means my wife will be on-field and on-camera for the Super Bowl show.

Anyway, last night was their dress rehersal at Reliant before the Sunday gig. The students and supervisors were there at 1 PM for all the "this is where you go, this is what you do" speeches by the MTV people, the artists were supposed to be there at 4 PM so they could run through the whole thing several times, and it was all supposed to be over by 9 PM.

Okay, They do the 1 PM thing. They are basically practicing how to enter and leave the stadium, but with 3,000 high school students this is something you have to practice. Ever tried herding kittens?

Four PM comes.....and goes.......they watch the stage crew practice setting up and breaking down the stages.

Five PM comes.....and goes.......they practice running on the field and watch Janet Jackson and Kid Rock.

Six PM comes....and goes.....they eat an evening meal.

Seven PM comes....and goes.....they watch Janet Jackson and Kid Rock some more.

Eight PM comes.....and goes......things are starting to get REALLY ugly.

Nine PM comes....and my wife overhears an MTV person make a comment on the radio about "****ing P.Diddy and Nelly finally showing up"

The REAL rehersal starts.

11:50......rehersal ends.....on a school night.

Just what kind of ****ing ego does it take to keep 3,000+ people waiting FIVE ****ING HOURS because you are too damm cool to show up on time?

I was starting to worry that my wife had been in an accident because I kept trying to call her after 11:00, and got no answer. I didn't find out until she got home that the MTV people wouldn't let anyone bring cellphones in.

2. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

all i can say is you may wanna edit that thread title :xmad:

3. ScanMan

ScanMan IncGamers Member

Why? It expresses EXACTLY what I want to ask.

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

can you edit thread titles? I don't know how

and not all celebrities are creeps like that, alot of musicians are tho :xrollseye

5. ZeppelinAngel

that's not the point

and yes you can edit thread titles, but i don't think you can edit them after someone's posted in the thread, unless that's changed, a bit ironic eh? ;)

6. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

There are lots of times we all want to say EXACTLY what we are thinking, but we still have to abide by the rules or we get the dreaded High Heel Boot-Kick right off of this forum.

But, to answer your question, I think some celebs are, and I think most, if not all rappers, are.

7. Ash Housewares

well for the original poster, the issue is that *** is usually censored on its own but not when part of a larger word, so Gaile or Freet may feel the need to edit the thread title

8. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Bunch of whiners, if the word isn't censored, and he didn't use any characters to avoid the censor, then leave it be. Ooooo he's bad, he broke the rules, if only he had a "z" in his name.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe even the word "wank" + "er" is censored. Soon we won't even be able to call each other poo poo heads.

9. ScanMan

ScanMan IncGamers Member

Fine, edit the title, but answer the question.....

Just how self-centered do you have to be to keep 3,000 high school kids waiting 5 hours for your holy presence?

10. Ash Housewares

thats what I was trying to say, its a loophole with the filter, not the posters fault, but the mods won't love it nontheless, and yea, I noticed the ****** thing awhile ago, thought it was pretty funny

11. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

Only rappers? Hardly. You'll find shenanigans like this all over the entertainment industry. One of my favorite standups (Henry Cho) picked up the nickname "no show Cho."

12. Ezcabe

Ezcabe IncGamers Member

This is gonna be the next 'The Truth' commercials.

Just tell the high school kids you couldn't make it to the rehersal, because you were smoking weed.

13. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

That's a long tube pulling session.

14. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I believe Axl Rose pulled the same crap a while ago here in Canada on his comeback tour and people rioted.

15. Pidder

Pidder IncGamers Member

<rant>
    I find it quite pathetic to have a half time show consisting of Janet "havent-released-good-material-in-ages" Jackson, a rapper who speaks like he's ******** (begins with re-, ends with -tarded), some country wannabe, a rapper who thinks "diddy" is a cool name...
    </rant>

Yes you have the right to be mad. The artists should take into consideration that they are working with kids here and should show up on time. I would definitely ask my wife if she thinks it's worth being treated like dirt just to be on television. I would definitely not put up with it.

16. GIR

GIR Banned

Well, I can't speak for all famous people, but there are some that stand out.

Dave Williams, of Drowning Pool fame was one of the greatest people you'd have here met. The band was on Ozzfest 2 years in a row, (the first year going from 3rd stage right to the main) their CD went Platinum, and Dave never changed, never ever got that Rock Star attitude. After he was done putting on his show he' go right on out with everyone else and watch the other bands, sign autographs for anyone who wanted them, and was always giving someone something. He, unfortunately died about a year and a half ago of cardiomyopathy, at age 30. He's very much missed...

The guys from Motograter are pretty cool guys last I checked. They were the second band to play at my Ozzfest show last year, on the anniversary of Dave's death, and they dedicated the day to him. Later on they were signing CD's and I thanked them for doing that, and Ghost opened up the CD booklet and put in RIP Dave Williams for me. I got much love for those guys. They're another band that goes out and hangs around with the fans, painting them up and everything.

17. ZeppelinAngel

i saw so many girls walking around with red motograter hand prints on their boobies and butts it was funny ;)

ghost signed my cd as well, i can't really read what it says, but it almost looks like it says power and grove, ghost, 2003, which seems a little.. odd, but oh well

18. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

That was back in the '90s when they toured with Metallica in Montreal I believe. That was when James burned his arm and couldn't play for a few months. Axl could have prevented that riot if he wasn't such a female sex organ. My throat hurts. I'm a wuss. Stupid Axl Rose, I'm glad people hate him.

19. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

No, they had a come back thingy a year or so ago in BC and some other places. He didn't show up for two concerts in a row, people rioted, the whole tour was cancelled. :rolleyes:

20. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

it's not right that they made the kids wait, or anyone wait really. They are what we make them, if we dont buy their stuff, they become nobodies who are only remembered in those "Whatever Happened To..." shows. People get too wrapped up in their own sense of self worth, and end up blowing it out of proportion. But unfortuantly this is not limited to entertainers. In my town, the chair of the city council has been known to not show up until he was good and ready, often making people wait in underventilated, overpacked rooms. It's one thing to get delayed, and in the Super bowl case, I can see how many potential problems could arise that would lead to people being late. There is a difference when you just dont want to go/do/show up until you feel like it when you have already agreed to, and people are waiting on you. This is really bad when it's someone that is publicly motivated, i.e. entertainers, elected officials, etc. They are not above us, if anything they should be grateful because without us (the public) they would either never been big, or go the way of M.C Hammer, Letters to Cleo, or any other number of one to few hit wonders.

Dolly Parton seems to be a nice person, I've met her a few times while in Wal-Mart of all places, in a tourist town where she has a dinner theater. She was very polite and waited in line at the checkout like everyone else. I didn't get an authograph, that was kinda frowned upon in that community, for the locals at least, since it wasn't uncommon to see Moe Bandy standing outside taking a break, or the Oak Ridge Boys walkin down the street, or Donny Osmond eatin dinner at a local resturant.