Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arctic Set??

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Rehsa, May 14, 2005.

1. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

Arctic Set??

Ok, recently i've gotten the arctic set (most of anyways)... and have found out... i can't equip all the peices at lvl 2 because the required str/dex for the different peices make it immpossible unless i get a bunch of low +str and +dex equips, which are hard enough to find. i have made a few new characters and at lvl 2 i can't equip the full set, which is really bogus. if a set has requirement of lvl 2, then all the stats required should be reachable by at LEAST 1 character once they turn lvl 2 by the default stats. I just can't seem to make it happen.

am i failing to grasp which character can equip the full set at lvl 2 with no charms/other equips giving bonus' or is it immpossible?

2. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

I'm not going to look the base stats over etc., but if you can't reach it with charms/jewelry, just take 5 minutes and level a couple times and you'll be fine. I don't see a need to wear the whole set at lvl 2, you can't dual at that point, and you can kill the monsters in the area naked with your fists, so beyond being puzzling, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

~Bails

3. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

the thing is, by the time i get enough stats to use the full set... i'm at about lvl 12... at which point, i'd rather have angelic set (or part of) or even sigons if i lower my dex and get the right str for sigon and then also use angelic with sigon for a 2 set killing machine.

but with the 55 dex, 45 str required for the weapon/gloves combo to wear alone, it doesn't seem worth using the set. the armour can easily be worn at lvl 2... and i believe the other peice i'm forgetting can as well, but the other peices, by the time you get to when you can wear it, it seem the full sig & part angelic is a better bet.

4. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

You could try a 3 socket gemmed helm to increase strength or dexterity, socketing the armour similarly for strength or dexterity and if your really keen socket the bow with a jewel of freedom(-15%) or hel rune (-20%)

Amulets, rings, and shop bought boots can also boost strength or dexterity by a small amount too.

I think the gloves are level 3 minimum anyway.

5. southernhell

southernhell IncGamers Member

if i were u i would just take a few min and level some. It sould take long to get the stats u would be suprised

6. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

my whole point about the set is:

it says required lvl 2, and equiping it in it's origonal state is immpossible for any level 2 character.

i'm not complaining about lvling up to get the stats... i'm complaining that by the time you get to the minimum level to get the stats to wear the full arctic set, your stats would better serve using the angelic ammy/2x angelic rings and a full siggon with a unique weapon. And getting all full arctic is harder than getting a full sigon and the angelic peices.

7. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

It's the same problem with Sigon's set, I don't think any char got strength enough at level 6 to actually equip it.

8. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

another soltuion would be to sell the arctic set to charsi, keep the armor ( which i quite like for very low lvl ) and never waste a look at it again :p

9. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Agreed

~Bails

10. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

I've been levelling my assassin with the Full set plus Cathans Helmet and Ring
    Gives me 40% magic find maxed cold resist, 40+ fire resist and 45-51 base damage + 6-14 cold and 15-20 Fire Damage..

Not bad for level 11...
    I got the whole set on at level 3 because I happened to have enough charms to get me there (though I lost them all muling *sigh*)

Don't forget the gloves give 10 to Dex so you really only need enough charms (I found a bunch with a level 2 requirement or no requirement) to get you to 45 Str and 45 Dex

The Sorceress and Druid are the most costly in terms of charms to get there needing 50 points each after the 5 points for the level from one to two but it isn't impossible to get there. Since the Arctic set gives 50 to life as well...you don't need to put those early points in vitality even in Hardcore...
    so it seems like a pretty nice set to me for a beginning character.

if you add the Cathans stuff like I did at level 11 you can get 6 or 12% life leach on top of good base damage so you can just keep firing away and keep your life topped off even in crowds.

11. Tobbo

Tobbo IncGamers Member

Actually ... I´ve collected some +STR charms so I can equip full sigons at lvl 6. Only takes about 2/3 of inventory.
    My beginnercharm-mule is highly used. :lol: