Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Archon Plate or Wire Fleece for Enigma?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lionzon, Jan 31, 2004.

1. lionzon

lionzon IncGamers Member

Archon Plate or Wire Fleece for Enigma?

Hi D2 fans,

I have a lv88 Barb focusing on 2 hands WW. I want to make a Enigma. But I see a strange event that ppl in ladder trading channel keep asking for Enigma Wire Fleece and Chains of Honor Wire Fleece. Even I saw ppl using Enigma/Chains of Honor Archon Plate for trading Enigma/Chains of Honor Wire Fleece.

So I went to see Arreat Summit, I found the status of Archon Plate and Wire Fleece below:

Archon Plate def:410-524 Str:103 Dur:60
    Wire Fleece def:375-481 Str:111 Dur:32

Both r light armor, but Archon Plate seems to be better than Wire Fleece in general in term of higher def and less str required.

It makes me confuse because I want to trade a Archon Plate for making my Enigma =)

Another reason is Barb wearing Archon Plate much handsome than wearing Wire Fleece.... lol

Would any senior fellow advise me the secret of this?

(May the repair cost be the reason?)

Many thanks !

2. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Thats why Battle.net economy is up and down. Used to be archon plate being the best. I use an archoon plate myself. Unless there is an hidden bonus i didnt know, I always thought archon plate is better.

3. hiphopbunny

hiphopbunny IncGamers Member

I've got a 3 socket 520 def archon plate lying around for Engima ( need Jah ... ), so I'll be curious as to why the heck a wirefleece is regarded as better as well.

4. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

People on b.net are dumb. End of story I think a Wirefleece looks Sexy on a paladin but thats it, so thats the only class I use it on. Archon > Wirefleece
    Archon = more def less str

You will also find a lot of bnet duelests use a Enigma Breast Plate for the super low str req that means more vita which means (in theory) they live longer

Elvish

5. Vex_Nemox

Vex_Nemox IncGamers Member

Well I still haven't figured out why folks like Archon Plate OR Wire Fleece over Dusk Shroud. The low requirements and cheaper repair costs of a Dusk Shroud make it a universally better choice.

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well, archon plate and wire fleece have higher defense. Also repairing costs aren't that important, because you can always use that cube recipe to repair your armor. Ral runes aren't that rare

7. Vex_Nemox

Higher defense? I typically find Dusk Shrouds with around 500 Defense. Since Enigma will boost these defenses well over 1k a few defense points is insignificant. The lower STR requirements allows you to use it with Sorcs and Hammerdins and the like, making the Enigma a bit more versatile.

8. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Breast Plates are even more versatile, with a 30 str req (lower if you use etheral)you can afford more points into vit/dex(for blocking)/energy than with anything else, hard to beat

Elvish

9. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Got an ATMA dump? Dusk shrouds should only be able to have 361-467 defence.

I agree here - since Enigma adds a flat (and large!) number to defence, rather than a percentage, it's really not so important to quibble over 50 points of defence on the base item..

10. Vex_Nemox

Just how "around" does it need to be? I consider >450 to be "around" enough for me. Most DShrouds I find are in the 460ish range. I ain't gonna quibble over "ish" either.