Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arcane Sanctuary troubles...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tomadlard, Jun 1, 2005.

1. tomadlard

tomadlard IncGamers Member

Arcane Sanctuary troubles...

I've just reached the Hell Arcane Sanctuary with my lvl 77 Fishymancer, and I'm having massive troubles getting anywhere. I knew it would be hard because of the narrow paths, but I'm really struggling. The point is that I currently have a Rogue merc (I found a nice bow, long story...) and she seems to be useless. Is it worth changing to an act 2 merc to help me get through, even though it seems a shame to waste the levelling I've done on my current merc?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

well, a might merc is obviously a superior choice for a summonmancer. the time you would spend levelling one up is definitely time well spent. if you just want a rogue for style points i understand you but don't expect it to be as good.
    i had slow going with my fishy in the AS as well. i was mainly reviving ghosts (unsummoned the skellies), because they are not hindered by the narrow paths, and relying on CE. a good merc can always get a first corpse. all in all for me it was not nearly as bad as the maggot lair.

3. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

fishymancers commonly use a act 2 nm might merc to make his minions faster killers. so yes it can be a good idea:)

4. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

If your going to use this character later, for mfing or rune hunting, then spend the time now to level a might merc.

5. tomadlard

Well, thats good enough for me, I guess I'll go back to nm and start levelling! Would I be able to get some quick levels doing nm mephy runs?

6. Darkwell

Yes, and cows also. Just keep the area you run within ~ 5 levels of your merc, for him to get the most experience and level faster.

7. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

I've recently backtracked to fire my holy freeze merc, and hire a might merc (for a frost maiden). He's leveling ok with NM mephy, but as soon as he gets a bit higher and can survive, we are going to NM WSK. Of course, you'll probably get more items from mephy.

Thanks for the cows idea... I always forget about that place. Cows arent cold immune are they?

8. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

*shudder* the maggot lair.....

The bane of a skellymancer's existance. I hated that place and the Arcain. I also like the Act II might merc. It totally speeds up the build. Do you use a Golem? If so keep casting him out in front of you. once you get a kill CE, CE, CE, CE, you get the picture. You can lure monsters back to a previous kill zone to use the corpses already on the ground too.

9. Darkwell

In NM, I don't think they are immune.

10. Tutatis

Tutatis IncGamers Member

I doubt cows are immortal on any difficulty.

11. tomadlard

I haven't really used a golem, skellies have been more than enough usually, sometimes get a few revives though. It's interesting, because the maggot lair didn't cause big problems, just took a while! Anyways, I am now the proud employer of an act 2 nm might merc, who seems short of a lot of levels... :lol:

Oh well, guess I don't have much else to do with my time, I'll let you know how i get on!

Thanks all

12. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

i just switched to a might merc (from hf) with my barb a few days ago, had the same problem with a big level difference between the char and the merc. i did some pl8 wsk work on nightmare until he was 48 or so, than took him right to hell act1 where he seemed to level a lot faster.

13. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Get 1pt clay and golem mastery for bosses IMO.

14. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Just shop drognan for a tele staff, easy !

15. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Well I got past the AS and maggot lair in one hour. I was really lucky though, explored the whole map of maggot lair level 1,2,3 and found 3 places filled with chests before finding the summoner in AS.