Arcane...Arcane...

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Arcane...Arcane...

Good game in Arcane today.

My party and I tried to seek out some clue about which way the summoner lives.

"It's random, dude....."

We're obsessed. We don't think anything in this game is random. We studied the flow pattern of the background stars. We checked the symbols on the ground. We looked at the way the stairs were engraved.

No clue.

If you find something interesting. Let me know. Appreciate.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
A similar question what about with Nithlak you have 4 ooptions on the last level is it "random" as well?

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Cerebron said:
I know for Act 3 Q4, the book is always in The Ruined Temple.
It is always in the ruined temple.

The areas are "built" differently in every game, but there is a pattern to every area, and that's that the "build" for the wp "scene", entrance "scene", and exit "scene" are always coorelated, but everything imbetween is always completely random. As far as arcane goes, it too is probably coorelated, but the wp "scene" is identical for every "build", so there really is no way to tell exactly where the summoner will be.

TPMdm

Diabloii.Net Member
For example the forgotten tower levels. The exit scene is nearly always in a "clockwise" direction from the entrance. This isn't much use on hell where the levels are still pretty big.

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
I noticed that for Act2 Claw Viper Temple lvl 1 and Tal Rasha's Tomb, if you see the steps it's the right way.

Someone hypothesize that there are actually five, or a certain number of different maps, for one place, such as Catacombs lvl 3 and 4. As you create a new game, the server randomly chooses a map from its limited reservoir. So if someone's able to collect the pictures of all maps, that would be a legal MH.

I know for some other online RPG games, people/third-party companies do spend a lot of time on collecting these maps and print them out on magazines, selling for profit. D2 is the #1 online RPG game (yes it is!!!!!!!), we should do the same thing.

Muffassa

Diabloii.Net Member
perhaps there is a corolation in the arcane sanctum to the direction of one of the "types" of directions (ie, the red teleport direction). For instance, if the red tp direction is tr (top right) then the summoner is ll (lower left) or if the red tp are tl, then summoner is tl as well. something to that effect.

Dolph

Diabloii.Net Member
Cerebron said:
I noticed that for Act2 Claw Viper Temple lvl 1 and Tal Rasha's Tomb, if you see the steps it's the right way.

Someone hypothesize that there are actually five, or a certain number of different maps, for one place, such as Catacombs lvl 3 and 4. As you create a new game, the server randomly chooses a map from its limited reservoir. So if someone's able to collect the pictures of all maps, that would be a legal MH.

I know for some other online RPG games, people/third-party companies do spend a lot of time on collecting these maps and print them out on magazines, selling for profit. D2 is the #1 online RPG game (yes it is!!!!!!!), we should do the same thing.
Oy, if you woud collect all possible maps for all areas in the game that magazine would reach the moon and beyond.
The number 5 is way of, atleast based on all the differents maps I've seen.

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Dolph said:
Oy, if you woud collect all possible maps for all areas in the game that magazine would reach the moon and beyond.
The number 5 is way of, atleast based on all the differents maps I've seen.
You are exactly right. I collected seven different maps from Catacombs lvl 2 just now. They are not different. My friend is wrong.

Koreforce

Diabloii.Net Member
Having worked with programs such as the one blizzard incorporated to generate the maps, I think I have a fairly good idea of how this works. (there are many, many, ways to do this with coding, but this is what it seems like to me) It looks as if the maps are randomly generated on a block basis, with conditions in the game. It randomly generates each block, and each block's selection depends on the previous block's placement and type. For example, if a teleport pad is placed, then the program generates a space, then a corresponding teleport pad. It's selection for the generation of the next block is limited to a teleport pad, because the last block placed was a teleport pad that has to have a counterpart, defined by the programming. (I probably lost you all way back at sentence three, but those of you who have worked with this kind of stuff know what I'm talking about) It places enemies the same way. All these blocks are set on a path, and everything NOT on the path is programmed to a background (the stars you see flying by). The monsters are placed based on the blocks, the paths, and other monsters already placed. The journal, the summoner's room, and the floating glyphs are pre-set and saved as one block. The monsters are then generated on the paths and limited to animate on existing blocks.....all of this data is processed faster than you can move your eyelid 1/1000,000 of a centimer by a very, very powerful computer. As I said, there are many other ways to do this, but this seems the most sensible way to go.

*edit: BTW, there is no such thing as random. Especially for a computer.*