Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ar??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by bergbusen, Apr 12, 2005.

1. bergbusen

bergbusen IncGamers Member

Ar??

I use IK boost,belt,gloves. And find a few sc and gc with ar. I think a have 4800, do i need more or is it enough. i play only pvm. I have gores too but i think ar was too low.

2. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

depends on your level and the skill you're using. just check you % to hit and try to get it above 80% (little lower can do). do not raise dex for ar because other ways are way more effective.

use enchant charges (p.e. demonlimb)
    use angelic ring/ammy combo
    use more +ar charms
    use ignore target defense weapons
    more points in mastery

3. bergbusen

bergbusen IncGamers Member

i use ww and ribcracker weapon, and only have base all stats, all vita. So angelic combo is not an option. I need streght rings with dual leach in that case.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Then put a few points in strength...that will let you use more equipment and pay of in the long run...Also if you use strength rings, no Ravenfrost which is kind of bad for a melee player.

5. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

true. some points in str never hurt for a barb. pure vita is pure overkill and hurts your damage as well. you'll hardly ever die to anything except IM if you get to 3k life after BO.

6. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Indeed.Surviving with 3k life isnt a problem at all when using a good weapon,dr,defense & leech.Doesnt hurt to put a few more in strength for pvm.More dmg is always good,it also means more leech.I dont build pvm ww barbs with less than 300 strength.

*waits for Hal's take* :lol: We argued like crazy on this,not willing to take it further.:lady:

woo woco! :flip:

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

It of course depends on the purpose of the build and the gear you'll be using. I always advocate strenth as low as you can keep it, because it's a lot easier to get over 5,000 damage than it is to get over 5,000 life.

Rik usually suggests getting around 300 for two-handed builds, which usually isn't so bad since most 2h weapons require a lot of strength. I'm more conservative, interested more in survival and 1h/shield builds, so I typically get around 80ish base and put the rest into vit (and dex, for blocking).

-Hal

woco woo :D

8. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Thanx for stressing that.Indeed,str gives more bang for buck with the high dmg of 2handers.It isn't economical to invest more than what is required for gear for dualwielders/wep shield users.

Rik