Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AR Problem

Discussion in 'Druid' started by loserxleet, May 16, 2008.

1. loserxleet

loserxleet IncGamers Member

AR Problem

Just started my first feral druid on single player, and while the character screen says he has a 95% chance to hit pretty much everything, his feral rage is hitting air at least 1/3 of the time. And while I'm not 100% on this, I don't think FR's leech is kicking in most of the time.

Are there any bugs that would cause this, or maybe I'm doing something wrong in game?

As a side note, this guy kills fairly slowly so far. He's still using feral rage as his main attack though. Will his DPS skyrocket when he gets fury, or will he need uber gear to do single player hell? I'm leveling oak sage, werewolf, lycanthropy, feral rage, and fury.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Reticent Drappa

Reticent Drappa IncGamers Member

Re: AR Problem

I would recommend charging up feral rage, and switching to fury,
    as the leech will still trigger while using fury.
    Either that or use fury as your main attack instead, and switch to feral when you need it.

I just tested feral rage in hell and it seems to hit fine.
    What weapon are you using?

3. loserxleet

loserxleet IncGamers Member

The missing problem has persisted through multiple weapons. When he takes a swing and misses once, I'd give it 3:1 odds in favor of him missing 2-8 times more. I've noticed it happens more when he's getting attacked a lot though. Maybe the wolf form hit recovery animation is bugging and it just looks like he's attacking/missing.

btw, I'm thinking of going Dire Wolves/HoW instead of Feral Rage/Oak. Though after hearing about how FR's leech can work with fury, I'm starting to rethink it (And the run speed modifier is really nice!). Would I be right in assuming HoW adds it's % to fury's ed%, instead of multiplying your final damage?

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  4. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Hmmm.... I wouldn't put too many points into Feral Rage unless you're planning on doing some serious ubering. I'd concentrate on putting points early into lycanthropy and many a couple of points into werewolf and then when you hit the magic number 30, start pumping fury like there's no tommorrow. The run speed modifier is very nice and can be used to control the tempo of battle, however, I ususally don't put a lot of points until much later in the development of the wolf.

You can charge up the feral rage with a few quick hits then switch to full fury while the feral rage is one (faster movement, some leech, what's not to like?). It's a pity that leech is kinda nerfed in hell.

Sounds like you're going half fury/half summoner type of character. Gives ya decent options in dealing with situations. And yeah, I wish HoW multiplied the total final damage output of fury, but it's not to be.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah