Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AR charms > ss charms vs smiters?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MasterMegatron, Nov 1, 2006.

1. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

AR charms > ss charms vs smiters?

seems that AR is much more impt to druids than the + dmg from the ss charms. i do 3-13k dmg unbuffed and if i get a deadly strike in its gg for any smiter. what is every1's thoughts on this? unless sum1 knows how to get 40k AR without using AR gcs...

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

SS charms give you some ar though, from both Werewolf & Fury skill. Maybe not as much but you get lycanthropy too, which is the big difference.

40k ar seems a little unreasonable : / ...if even realistic. 20-25k ar is just fine in my book... any more and you're prolly losing out on something else.

How do you get over 13,000 damage unless your a titan wolf, too? Unless there's like 2k poison factored in I'm sorta lossed...but I could be wrong

3. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Deadly strike would only = gg if you hit mid-upper range damage. Also, if your dueling smiters I'm assuming you'd have to use anghellics... in which case u'd lose 35% deadly from highlords. So basically your talking small % deadly here from gores, etc. Unless you can get 25k ar without needing anghellics, in that case I'm impressed.

4. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

If you put on 2 angelic rings+ angelic ammy and have a high lvl maxed werewolf you can hit 40K+ ar easily with fury.

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Ar lifer charms are only needed if your doing a pure fury build.

Smiters are easy prey to rabies any ways.

6. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

With SS charms you gain AR, life, and damage, so it's great all around. If the SS gc's have life or some other mod then that's even better. Every +1 to Rabies you can get if you use it means a NICE chunk of poison damage.

7. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

Im confused are you talking about 3/20/20's?

because 37 3/20/20's has roughly 1000 less ar then 9 shift charms with, 11 3/20/20's.

Or are you talking about large charms with ar? Which would make you lose out on a lot of life...

PS. did you try using a knockback on a smiter I was always curious if this would disrupt smite? Though I highly doubt it I just never tested it myself.