ar breakpoint !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filo01

Diabloii.Net Member
ar breakpoint !!

sup all .. wat the ar break point again i know 22k is max ..

wat the bps below them .. 14 - 17 -19 or somthing...

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Seconded. There are no AR breakpoints, nor is there a cap (other than having a 95% chance to hit something). There is also an 'h' in "what" ;)

-Hal

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Using "an" with "h" in this scenario is generally considered okay, as otherwise "a" would precede a word that begins with the vowel sound of the preceding article. "a hydrogen bomb," as compared to "an H-Bomb." This is because, were you to spell out "h" as it sounds phonetically, it would be aitch, thus making it begin with a vowel rather than a consonant.

English degree 4 teh win!!11 ;)

-Hal

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
Using "an" with "h" in this scenario is generally considered okay, as otherwise "a" would precede a word that begins with vowel sound of the preceding article. "a hydrogen bomb," as compared to "an H-Bomb."

English degree 4 teh win!!11 ;)

-Hal
Damnzor!! :eek:

I was thinking why 'an "h"' doesnt sound wierd but 'an "k or z"' does.

'H' must be teh f0rg0t3n vowel.

P.S:you guys are wrong in spelling color..its colour.:fish:

Rik

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
P.S:you guys are wrong in sayin color..its colour.:fish:
lol, yeah, sometimes I throw in that 'U' for effect. I also like how you Britannians use 's' instead of 'z' in a lot of words..."apologise," versus "apologize," for example. That's one of the fundamental differences that forces companies to differentiate between English [USA] and English [UK] when asking you for your preferred language when installing software applications/visiting some websites.

This is by far one of the most learned conversations on a non-barbaric topic we've ever had in this forum.

-Hal

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
P.S:you guys are wrong in spelling color..its colour.:fish:
ban the infidel

so you crazily try to correct "an h" and then lash out when you are horribly wrong

your ugly intentions make me sad, git in yer hole

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
ban the infidel

so you crazily try to correct "an h" and then lash out when you are horribly wrong

your ugly intentions make me sad, git in yer hole
:uhhuh:

I wasnt horribly wrong,not even close,you can say "an h" & it isn't that you cant say "a h" or is it? :scratch: :D

P.S:English is dead anyways.You know who's the culprit

Rik

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
:uhhuh:

I wasnt horribly wrong,not even close,you can say "an h" & it isn't that you cant say "a h" or is it? :scratch: :D

P.S:English is dead anyways.You know who's the culprit

Rik
when you try to correct someone who wasn't wrong, then you are as wrong as can be

Grishnakh

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
when you try to correct someone who wasn't wrong, then you are as wrong as can be
seconded- we have a saying like that in the army "If you're going to correct someone, you had better be correct" that's why army NCO's are the leaders, not officers like the movies always show :thumbsup:

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
What's IELTS? And isn't it just an, if it sounds like it start with a vocal like an hour and so...? Pretty simple I'd say :p
KK,Stop embarassing me...:hanky:

IELTS:International English Language Testing System.P.S:I am not a brit & english isnt my mother tongue. :p

Rik

Filo01

Diabloii.Net Member
Filo01 said:
sup all .. wat the ar break point again i know 22k is max ..

wat the bps below them .. 14 - 17 -19 or somthing...
sorry i was confused.... rofl wat have i started

Status
Not open for further replies.