Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Apparently I've been banned from GAT...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Silkweed, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

Apparently I've been banned from GAT...

Or at least so it would seem. Every time I try to join the channel "Op Gat-East" it tells me that either the channel is restricted or that I've been banned from it. I think I may know what this has to do with though. You see, I recently made a new mule account and have been trying to burn it in. So I watched a movie whilst perming a mule, came back and found (to my shock and amazement [/sarcasm]) that I'd been disconnected from the game and was idling in that space that's not quite chat, but seems to have killed chat. Anyway, I forgot I wasn't on my main account and tried the channel, which promptly kicked me out and fed me some spam about not registering.

"Oh right..." I thought. So I got back on my main account but have been having problems ever since.

But I couldn't be banned from GAT could I? Unless all of my non-PKing, continual use of non-swear words and my non-hacking behaviour have finally caught up with me...

2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

They ban you for making a stupid mistake? With what i have heard about GATppl i find that hard to believe, but anything is possible i suppose.

3. Silkweed

I don't really think I've been banned, but B.net seems to think I have been. Either that or there's something up that I don't know about. I've never sworn in GAT chat, I've never PK'ed (even outside GAT), I don't use hacks or duped items...

I don't know.

4. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

Silk, when you enter GAT on an unregistered account, it will temp-ban you by IP, so that you cannot enter even on a registered account. Give it 24 hours, by which time you will be able to enter again. If you have any problems, PM me here.

5. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Firsly, Zappa doesn't like these types of personal grievance threads.....tends to degenerate. PM a channel moderator on these boards. That will get noticed.

Secondly, the registration website does have a section where you can see the status of your accounts. Did you try to enter the channel with a non-registered account??? Might be something like that.

6. Silkweed

Ska, I figured it was something like that, thank you for the clarification.

Rah, didn't know who the channel mod is or posts as on these forums, so I had no idea who to PM. Didn't feel like visiting the GAT page since I decided it wasn't likely they'd have an explanation readily available.

ZF, you can close this thread now, since I have no intention of it degenerating. Not that I think anyone would say that it has, but just to be on the safeside.

7. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

We've had too many of these "why was I banned from the GAT channel" threads that become an "airing of personal issues" type of thread that I really prefer to keep off the boards. They usually become a big soap opera and this really isn't the place for airing personal grievances with people or groups that you are having trouble with on BNet.

But anybody having trouble with GAT channel access should first go to the channel registration page at http://www.bnet-gat.com and look for information there.

And if you visited the reg page and still wasn't sure what to do, it would be OK to post a thread here asking how you can get in touch with a GAT mod, and then contact them directly with your gripes, instead of airing it out here.

8. BofW

BofW IncGamers Member

As Zappa mentioned, check the GAT website first. You do have the ability to list your accounts and it will tell you if you have been banned.
    You also have the ability to send an email through the system to get help with these type of issues.

Just as an FYI to anyone following along and thinking "Hey! I had that exact same problem!!" the ban went into effect when an account not in the bots database entered the channel. While the bot issues ban commands based on its database, battle.net enforces bans based on IP information. In other words, since you were banned on an unregistered account, even though your regular account has access to the channel you will still not be able to enter because it is battle.net enforcing the ban, which is done by IP.
    When this happens, you have two choices. The first is to wait out the ban (usually 24 hours though these new channels seem to operate a little differently) and the second is to register the "other" account. Registration of an account "should" lift the ban. Again, this does not seem to work 100% of the time, but it really should work most of the time.

9. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

And also be aware that when you enter BNet with two different characters from the same account using two or more computers, the second instance of that account has a #2 after it, and that is seen as a different account.

For instance, if I have a mule & a playing character both on BNet muling some stuff off, and they are both from my *ZappaFan acct. The first one will be on acct *ZappaFan, and the second one that I brought onto BNet, whichever it is, will be *ZappaFan#2. So if I want to plan on using the channel when I have two characters from the same account logged onto BNet at the same time, I need to also register *ZappaFan#2 or I'll have the same thing happen (been there done that).

10. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

One thing that I have noticed with the new channels is that due to the ip nature of the ban doing an unban does not always work if the person is not logged on the account you are trying to unban. Just a bit of info from my experience as a channel operator for my group.

11. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

LOL Zappa, posting your account in this forum. Well, guess it wouldn't be too hard to figure it out if we saw you. ;)

12. BofW

BofW IncGamers Member

Rejoining the channel (/rejoin) with the Mod account should clear all ban information in regard to your specific channel. Unbanning with the actual /unban command has been a problem for longer than the most recent channel changes.