Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Apostles of Silence

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shinra Beelzebub, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinra Beelzebub

Shinra Beelzebub Diabloii.Net Member

Apostles of Silence

Hello and Welcome to my Guild! Oh wait, you can't join, this is a One-Man-Guild and I don't like outsiders. Oh wait, it's a Two-Man-Guild. No, maybe not... Damn I am confused now.

Now now, what am I even doing here. Oh right, I wanted to make one big thread where everything regarding my "project" can be discussed. I shouldn't make a new thread for every question I have or every new couple of characters I start.

Well, what am I doing? Most people on this forum probably know already, but let me repeat myself: I am playing with 2 Chars, on 2 Computers, using 2 gaming mice (one left handed and one right handed) to control both characters at the same time.

Rules

... Now now, first things first, here are the rules for my so-called project:
    1. All Characters will be created as a couple, one girl and one guy. They are eternally connected and are to clear all the quests together. (Except Hell's Forge. Clear the entire area with both chars, then log one out. Afterwards play the quest with both chars a second time)
    2. It's allowed to do farm runs with a single char, as long as the XP gains don't bring the couple further apart than 1/2 a level.
    3. No mods, except for RWM
    4. *REMOVED* may be used to reset skills (not stats)
    5. No exploiting of game mechanics (no Chicken-Torch and no LK-farming)
    6. No Trading with other players
    7. Twinking is allowed

^^Those are my personal rules, they don't have to make sence for everybody and the rules where only made BY myself FOR myself. I don't expect anybody to join me in my quest, but you guys should at least know the rules I decided for myself.

Couples

Shinra & Lucielle (Lvl 78, Hell Act 3)
    The prince and princess of the hellish inferno whom found their soul mate in each other.

Shinra, Necromancer Overlord
    Main Skills: Raise Skeleton, Skeleton Mastery, Corpse Explosion
    Secondary Skills: Dim Vision, Amplify Damage, Lower Resist, Clay Golem, Raise Skeleton Mage, Revive

Lucielle, Fire Sorceress
    Main Skills: Meteor, Fire Ball, Enchant, Fire Mastery, Warmth
    Secondary Skills: Frozen Armor, Static Field, Teleport

[​IMG]

Muzaka & Ashleen (Lvl 25, Normal Act 5)

As father and daughter, they will stand together when destiny wants to tear them apart.

Muzaka, Alpha Werewolf
    Main Skills: Fury, Oak Sage, Summon Dire Wolf, Summon Grizzly
    Secondary Skills: Werewolf, Feral Rage

Ashleen, Trap Assassin
    Main Skills: Fire Blast, Shock Web, Charged Bolt Sentry, Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry
    Secondary Skills: Fade, Cloak of Shadows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Treasury

Every "Guild" needs a treasury, so here's ours. Containing all the Uniques, Set Items and Runewords collected or made.
    Arm of King Leoric
    Axe of Fechmar
    Blade Of Ali Baba
    Blood Crescent
    Bloodfist
    Bloodrise
    Bloodthief
    Chance Guards
    Corpsemourn
    Crow Caw
    Duskdeep
    Earthshaker
    Frostburn
    Gleamscythe
    Goldskin
    Griswold's Edge
    Guardian Naga
    Hawkmail
    Heart Carver
    Heavenly Garb
    Hellcast
    Hellclap
    Hellplague
    Howltusk
    Ichorsting
    Ironstone
    Islestrike
    Kuko Shakaku
    Lance of Yaggai
    Lidless Wall
    Magefist
    Manald Heal
    Moonfall
    Nagelring
    Nokozan Relic
    Pus Spitter
    Rakescar
    Rattlecage
    Raven Claw
    Razortine
    Riphook
    Ripsaw
    Rockstopper
    Rogue's Bow
    Shadowfang
    Skull Splitter
    Soul Harvest
    Sparking Mail
    Stormspike
    Stormstrike
    Swordback Hold
    Tarnhelm
    The Battlebranch
    The Diggler
    The General's Tan Do Li Ga
    The Grim Reaper
    The Jade Tan Do
    The Salamander
    The Spirit Shroud
    The Tannr Gorerod
    The Ward
    Tiamat's Rebuke
    Twitchthroe
    Undead Crown
    Venom Grip
    Venom Ward
    Witherstring
    Angelic Mantle
    Angelic Sickle
    Angelic Halo
    Arcanna's Head
    Arctic Binding
    Arcitc Mitts
    Berserker's Headgear
    Berserker's Hauberk
    Berserker's Hatchet
    Cathan's Visage
    Cathan's Mesh
    Cathan's Rule
    Cathan's Seal
    Civerb's Cudgel
    Cleglaw's Pincers
    Death's Touch
    Hsarus' Iron Stay
    Infernal Sign
    Iratha's Cord
    Iratha's Cuff
    Isenhart's Lightbrand
    Isenhart's Horns
    Isenhart's Case
    Isenhart's Parry
    Milabrega's Diadem
    Milabrega's Orb
    Sigon's Shelter
    Sigon's Sabot
    Sigon's Wrap
    Sigon's Gage
    Tancred's Skull
    Tnacred's Spine
    Tancred's Crowbill
    Vidala's Barb
    Aldur's Advance
    Rite of Passage
    Hwanin's Justice
    Hwanin's Blessing
    M'avina's Icy Clutch
    Naj's Circlet
    Whitstan's Guard
    Magnus' Skin
    Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
    Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
    Trang-Oul's Scales
    Ancient's Pledge
    Edge
    Enlightenment
    Honor
    Leaf
    Lore
    Malice
    Steel
    Now now, a few last words... Updates on all my characters will be on this thread from now on. there won't be any new videos for a while, and I will get back to posting my progess with cute little pictures again.
    Well, sorry guys, maybe one day I will make some again, but for now I really am not that confident in me playing like that and additional "stress" from recording myself doesn't help that either.

... Well, a thread like that fits me better after all. I really love making new characters, and though there may not be vids, I will go back to post my progress more frequently again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
    Grape likes this.
  2. Shinra Beelzebub

double post!

I don't want to have my questions vanish inside a wall of text, so here they are seperately.

1) Werewolf: How do I distribute my stat points considering I want to use a shield? With needing high dex for blocking and high strength for high-defence equipment, my vitality might go quite low, or will that work out?
    Or should I just ditch the strength and go with a phase blade runeword (which needs dex?)
    ps. Please don't say I should ditch everything defence related and just go full attack mode, I really wouldn't want that. Werewolf shoud stay defensive with the assassin being offensive. Something like that.

2) How long will I be able to use Islestrike for my druid werewolf? Will that weapon have too little damage too soon, or will I be able to use it till at least early hell?

3) Rattlecage is appearently considered a good armor for MedusaZons... But it causes monsters to flee, which I really would hope to avoid considering I want to pound on them with my paladin... Is there other armor with good bonus to MedusaZons, or should I just go for a non-specific one? Or will the monsters get so slow when combined with holy freeze merc (+riphook strafe), that them running away won't be a problem for melee chars?

and lastly, I am still looking for new character combinations! Samara & Adalric (MedusaZon+Fanatic Zealot) are already set in stone, and the next will be a leaper barb coupled with Lightning Orb Sorc.
    ... And after that, I would LOVE to combine Assassin with Necro, but am not quite sure on what to do with them and any help is appreciated.
    As requested in my previous thread, up there in the opening post is a list of all the uniques that are currently at my disposal, and obviously the chars will be twinked.

...sorry, it became a second wall of text...

3. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Hi,

I know you are just playing yourself with your own rules, but you may get some negative feedback on this rule...

4. Shinra Beelzebub

Ahaha I know. But many others do just use *REMOVED* No we don't - Thyiad for that, right?
    I wanted to play without that help, but it turned out to be quite a problem that I don't really know what actually works with 2 players and what doesn't, and it's not like I can just find guides for that on the internet.
    --> examples of that would be how many points in certain skills an "elemental caster" needs to be effective when you take skills like lower resist or conviction in account,
    --> or how much attack rating you can ditch on Werewolf or Barbarian when you add skills like cloak of shadow or Inner Sight to your repertoire.

There is just too much that changes, even if it's just things like having an additional hireling or more tanks, to take everything into account beforehand. Also, I have already made my mind up about that rule and I don't want to be unfair by not telling about it openly, so.... well, something like that.[/highlight]

5. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Hi,
    It's quite impressive to play both chars at the same time!

As for the questions:
    1. There are some calculators for determining the dex you need for max block, also check the needed break points for druid block speed. You can also craft some safety amulets to help with chance to block

3. I think that with hf merc and 50% slow you dont need chance to fee on your equipment.

4. Necro and assa-
    Necro (LR) + trapper
    Necro (melee) + blade fury assa

Shinra Beelzebub likes this.
  6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

On this forum the only accepted way of resetting skills are the 3x resets you get from questing or from using tokens - Why would you need more?

7. Shinra Beelzebub

... Haha and here I thought I read the rules properly. I thought that most of the rules only concern the trading forum.
    But, well, as stated in this forum rules thread, using editors is indeed forbidden in general.

So I have to apologize for not reading properly, at least.

... I did already explain above why there was a special need for using said editor. Now, everybody should at least know what I did with the editor:
    1. Translating items to english. (Before I used that "mod" that works similar to RWM in order to translate the whole game into english, except for speech)
    2. Reseting the Skills of the Sorcerer twice, in order to try out Chain Lightning (combined with Lower Resist), and to change spells from hydra to enchant. I do believe that I might have alse reset the necro at least once using the same program in order to try out different curses or put more points into cp.

Well, whatever, rules are rules, and I do want to apologize.

With that this post will be the last regarding this project, as both my main chars are edited already, I won't ditch them and I also might "need" to reset skills again on other chars and will without a doubt as soon as I want to try something specific or something doesn't work.

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Please read our rules.

Do not post the names of mods we don't accept here.

What you do on your own machine is up to you, but please respect our preferences and do not MP or trade here.

Any queries on these points, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.