Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Apartment drama #2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Corneo, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Apartment drama #2

Holy ****....
    I can't believe it would come down to this. Just when I though I was out of woods for the lease thing, I run straight into the thicket of the rain forest.

A little background first, one of my roommates got pregnant (I didn't do it!) and kept this from her family. Yesterday, she returned home to pick up her little brother and sister to take them to school. The youngin's can't really tell. But she didn't expect her mother to be at home also. Wow all hell broke loose and when I woke up this morning I saw a note on my desk. Her mother is forcing her to move back home and commute to school now. In addition to that she won't be able to pay for rent any more. Our lease doesn't end till September. We have currently 4 people in the apartment and if we were to share the burden, it would be about an additional $60. While $60 might not sound too bad, but we are college students, and that means we have to pay through our nose or rob a bank.

I am not obligated to pay that $60 because of her troubles, but in the mean time, the manager doesn't really care about this drama. Someone needs to come up with the money. Which really boils down to us.

Finding a new roommate is out of the question because at this time of the year people are looking for long term leases. Not stay for that extra 5 more months. So I guess I will be screwed out of $60. Life sucks a big one right now.

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

*cough* individual leases *cough*

3. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

sell some drugs. youll get money fast.

4. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

60$ apiece or just overall 60$... cause then all 3 of you should just take on an extra 20$ to what you pay now.

5. th5418

th5418 Banned

Sell your seckcy body.

6. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

That's $60 per person ~ $240 for her share of the rent.

7. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

Drugs or Prostitution seem like the only two viable options out of this.

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

OR, you ask parents for some money....

9. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

you could do what my brother did. play a recorder (flute type thingy) in front of some store. he does not know how to play it. he got a dollar in about 5 minutes. oh yeah, he put down a towel and tied a rubber snake to the recorder with a piece of string so it looked like it danced.

10. GIR

GIR Banned

Just run down the street with a baseball bat beating prostitutes and fat guys in shorts until they drop floating, glowing, spinning bundles of money.

Oh, wait...

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Played a bit too much GTA3, have ya? :teeth: OMG, VIDEO GAMES MADE YOU VIOLENT!!!1!11!one!!8!!!

12. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

What's killing me is that I think is that her mother is forcing her to not pay for her rent. She is just going to pack her things up and leave and the rest of us are going to have to clean up her mess. There is nothing much we can do, I am not going the length of taking a pregnant women to court. But at the same time, she isn't expecting us to either.

13. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

the mother doesn't think it was you... does she?

14. Jedi44

Jedi44 IncGamers Member

You have 2 kidneys.

You need only 1.

You can sell them on Ebay.

You do the math.

15. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

I wonder why that is. If I wanted to teach my kids about responsibility and that what you do affects those around you as well, making her finish out her obligation to all of you would seem like a damn good place to start.

-Rafty

16. ChoCoMoBo

ChoCoMoBo IncGamers Member

ever think that your friend is her own person and if she is old enough to move out of home in the first place, she is old enough to have a baby, and she is old enough to answer to knowone but herself in that respect.... if i was her friend id be telling her to speak to her mum on a mature and understanding level and get her mum to see her side of it... shes her own person... her mum does not control her life anymore, should not anyways.... if her mum doesnt like it.... she should be saying too bad... my choice, not yours... a parent should not be able to force an adult son/daughter to do anything... plain and simple

17. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I really don't care about her own person. I have a life of my own, but she does have a responsibility for her part of the rent. Her backing out of us really picks us in a bind. I don't think she can stand up to her mother since she doesn't work and her boyfriend can barely support himself.

18. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

So I take it her family were the ones who actually paid for her rent?

-Rafty

19. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Wow. I remember the first time you posted concerning this, and I can't help but think that this is some sort of excuse to get out of it, even though if I remember right it had all been worked out. Anyways, my opinion is go to the source. Get in touch with her mom yourself and explain to her that her forcing her daughter not to pay the rent is screwing the 4 of you left over. Depending on how reasonable she is (doesn't seem too much, but we'll ignore that for the sake of conversation right now), she might be willing to have her daughter pay for at least part of what she would be supposed to if she were still living there. You should be able to work out some sort of agreement that would end up with you and your buddies not being forced to sell your bodies to make the month's rent...

20. VampiroXIII

VampiroXIII IncGamers Member

EDIT: Should've read more carefully. :bonk: