Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anything vs WW tele barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Paulsummoner, May 16, 2005.

1. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

Anything vs WW tele barb

I saw on one forum that bone necro beats WW tele barb but it's hard to belive this, what can bone necro do so good to beat ww tele barb? Can he beat him at all?
    Thank you.

2. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Well, the fact that a level 1 bone armor with the right synergies can absorb 1000 damage, and the necro being able to spam out bone spirits doing upwards of 6k damage that will often be easy to hit the barb with 2-3 times if he whirls through you, has alot to do with it.

Extremely good, top-end BvC barbs can beat necros though. They're specialized at it.

3. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

So nothing can beat WW tele barb, and one more question, barb will be leeching life back, it is pretty hard to kill him when he got in close combat, since he leeches life?

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

leech is pretty much useless in pvp (exception::lifetap), while there is nothing that a good telewhirler can't beat, there are also many classes that also beat the telewhirler. Short version:: your chances of winning are only as good as your skill and his skill. If both are equal, then you both have equal chances of winning.

--welt

5. mcm

mcm Banned

Do us a favour and name these "many classes"?

6. Weltkriegpally

a hammerdin can take them
    wind druids can also kill them
    necro with a point bonewall and iron maiden
    trappers (assuming not a huge amount of absorb)

the list can go on. While I don't deny that barbs are good and versatile, they aren't the 100% dominant duelers out there, same as EVERY other class.

--welt

7. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

I concur. Barbs are [email protected]$$ed, tis true, but there isn't a single class which always wins. There is a ton riding on playstyle, skill (really good bone neccy teleporters can almost never be caught, and can kill in 1 hit), character design, equipment, strategy . . . it's all about HOW you play, not JUST what you play.

8. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Windies can never take good barbs and I disagree about trappers too...

When both players are of equal skill/gear barbs have the advantage in almost every single matchup.

9. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

BvB barbs should most likely own BvC barbs or something is very wrong...

Beside I heard someone from the barb forum lost with his ww barb versus a ww druid, I just can't remember who or when :(

10. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Lol........ =)

11. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

hammerdin cant beat a barb, period.
    currently there is 1 hammerdin on the entire east realm that has any chance to kill my barb at all.
    think about it, they have to be close to hit you, even if they desync unless you run into a inv hammer field which shouldnt happen if you give yourself room and have patience.

speaking of trappers though, i hate dueling them. such an annoying duel cause they just run in traps and spam mb :(. whats the point in dueling if they just run in a frickin circle. i just make em bring a funner char to duel like an fb sorb

12. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

I agree

I agree, what can beat a barb, barb needs to get in close combat, where he owns everything and everyone. Don't go in melee with a barbarian unless you are another barbarian, this is very useful rule. And now when barbs use teleport it is useless to resist them, whatever you try they will be on you and will WW through you and bye bye, you can't beat a barb in melee combat, what people must understand is that barb is CREATED for melee and no other class is ever destined to beat him at this melee, it is designed from the very beginning, when Blizzard created Diablo 2 1.0, so now when they have teleport it is always melee with barb which is suicide, best BvC barb with all best gear, played by a very skilled player owns everybody, I don't see any other answer.

13. Weltkriegpally

I never denied that a barb is good, but to say that a barb completely takes everything else and is the ultimate character is to admit your ignorance, particularly when any necro can put up a few bonewalls and iron maiden you if you try to whirl him. Now if you use zerk, then he uses bone spirit, and you see the counter point. a bvc barb with all the best gear WILL get owned by one other character (at least), assuming somewhat equal levels of gear and skill. that character is a bvb. Even blobs admitted to losing about 70% of his duels with a (multiple, maybe) bvb whirler.

--welt

14. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Oh boy, do I agree. Not a duel you can play lazy in either, and traps+mb tend to lag and lag = ouch vs good trappers.

Sorcs can be this annoying too if they just tele 3 screens away after each shot though.

15. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

I have yet to loose to a WW barb with my Necro, I'm now searching to duel the godliest WW barbs to prove my point

(IF I'm in game /w *G.O.C. )

But yeah, WW barbs are pretty good, guess why I'm making one, but they are far from beeing unbeatable.

16. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Duel mcm on tcp/ip. I'll be surprised if you beat him once of out 100.

17. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

You'll have to explain me how to do so, perhaps PM me the instructions?
    Never played on TCP/IP before..lol
    But hey, I'm not saying no barbs can kill him, just, it hasn't happened yet.. Thus I'm looking for the best WW barbs.

18. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Just choose "other multiplayer" instead of battle.net in the title screen, then someone is host and the other one types in the ip in the join-screen. Really simple.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=348204

19. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

That's a way to simple way of saying it. ;) Then should a BvB be the ultimate char. :rolleyes: The barb needs more than great melee power, he also needs high fcr to catch enemies, resist versus their attacks aso. just because he will win every melee duel, the opponent won't let him go melee that easy, that's why there're both BvC and BvB :)

20. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

yo dudes
    how about a 40k def smiter pally (75% to block)

if the pally plays clever like doesnt run after ww he will win as the barb will have to ww through to try to land some damage
    seeing that smiters have grief and exile they can be good

iv seen a smiter like that, well he just stood there watching a tele ww barb ww through him and then killed him in 2 smites :p