Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NorthDakota, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Ok, as it happens, I can't find it despite plenty of searches. I'll have another look later. Anyway, it works absolutely fine :)

2. SunsetVista

SunsetVista Diabloii.Net Member

No worries, thanks for the idea Kitteh. I'm glad I'll be able to do something besides Pits with my poisonmancer when he finally gets that far.

3. coju

coju Diabloii.Net Member

Now, correct me if I'm wrong (I don't run LK.... yet.), if you run/do the exact same route/things you will get the same results each time. Because of the R.andom N.umber G.enerator. :IE: You go left 3 paces, TK the chest, out pops a mal. If you go left 3 paces each time, a mal will pop each time. Correct? :scratchchin: :ponder:

4. WoRG

WoRG Diabloii.Net Member

That would be a pretty poor system...no, the RNG will generate a new value for the drop...

You're thinking of racks, which do have repeatable results given repeated input (though only for item type, NOT for item quality/affix generation/etc), though the longer the required sequence, the more chance of variance. 1.07/1.08 racks are a good bit more 'stable' than modern ones, and tend to be more reliable and forgiving of slight variances...

WoRG

5. SunsetVista

I don't think this works. Something like this works for the item type that comes from an armor/weapon rack, but it's not the same for different poppables.

Edit: Ninja'ed by WoRG!

6. coju

coju Diabloii.Net Member

Oooohhhhhh! Obviously I don't run racks either! Thank you WoRG! and you, WindowsVista!

7. SunsetVista

Not windows vista! XP still, and I like it that way. Shininess is a waste.

Disclaimer: This is not meant to start anything. Perhaps I should've kept quiet.

To keep on topic, I am running normal cows with my Wake of Fire sin. It's an awesome BBQ out there.

8. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

Off to do some work with the werewolf. Let's see if he can clear all the false tombs and kill Dury.

9. coju

coju Diabloii.Net Member

10. WoRG

WoRG Diabloii.Net Member

Grey? like socketed or eth? Huh, I've been looking for those for ages :p

WoRG

11. coju

coju Diabloii.Net Member

Sockets. Eth sockets would be amazing as well. Have an act 5 baba merc. Looking for giant killing doom swords of destruction in all socket configurations and multiples of each.

My soso's all die on me for being too squishy. Have one level 60, but started on this javazon to farm for runes and sockets. Right now I ask searching for swords.
    Thing is, i'm sure not what is worth while to grab, ya know? (((I could just pick up everything like I do with gold and yellows and greens. Then I would have giebs and can play with them later)))
    Learned that demon crossbows have -60 for all classes! Wowzorz

12. SunsetVista

Yeah to demon crossbows! I intend to make a necromancer with a demon crossbow wrath? faith? brand? the one that shoots bone spears. Or maybe a botd. This is far in the future and it might not work out. But I am inspired.

13. EightDigitSin

EightDigitSin Diabloii.Net Member

I finally came up with good long term goal that i want to work towards to in d2. But that goal requires generous amount of HRs and some expensive items. With that said I put the AT to the side and decided to do serious rune hunting. Quickly discovered that my Barb was not effective enough for council. My runs were longer than i anticipated, and merc dieing to every conviction became quickly annoying. I am not giving up on council and my barb just yet. I will be back, but with more power. For now, I decided to venture into LK again. Rolled a good map (really good map imo) and started running. 300 runs so far and they are already some results. It is boring, it simple, but i can do 3 lk run in the time it takes my barb to do 1 counsil run.

14. coju

coju Diabloii.Net Member

Hear poisonmancers are good council runners. Best of luck with lk! What is one of your projects?

15. EightDigitSin

Thanks!!!
    It is pretty expensive 99 project.

Regarding the Trav. My barb does not have any problems with council in terms of survivability, but the kill speed at the moment is not up to my standards tbh. I just think i need bit more gear and optimization to be really effective there with my barb. My Blizzsorc would prolly be more effective there right now, but she has a really good AT map and I dont want to lose that.

I have to ask though, is it even possible to roll a Trav map where ALL of the council members spawn inside. I re rolled my map many times and my best maps always had at least one council member outside. In the end i just went with that.

16. coju

coju Diabloii.Net Member

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, where they spawn partly depends on how you approach them. From their left, or from their bottom, etc.

17. EightDigitSin

I don't know about that. Don't really understand it tbh. For me it does not matter where i come from, they always spawn the same way. Trav map is static. WP is always at the same place and the way to the council is always the same. The reason to re roll the map, is to get them all to spawn inside the temple where they can be bunched up and killed quickly.

I saw zerth's gold find barb video and all the counsel were inside the temple. So i guess i just had bad luck with rolls.

18. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx Diabloii.Net Member

Yea it definitely doesn't matter where you come from. I lost my travi map to a misclick on nightmare a while ago. Since then I've rerolled about 30 times but it still doesn't spawn them all in the same place inside. Depressing.
    If your merc is dying, try Kira's guardian (Ral)+Guardian angel ( Ral ), preferably eth upgraded GA. It rocks!

19. EightDigitSin

I got that exact set up on my merc right now. Conviction still gets him 90% of the time. Other times he got zero problems. I need to shael his stick and drop some Rals into his gear like you suggested. Im out of socket quests though :badteeth:

20. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

1 Berserker's Axe.

That's it from the false tombs and Dury.