Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
Love it, thanks!

What's a fast build for a paladin (just for leveling him fast?) I can reset him down the road. I was thinking smiter probably is quick and easy

CaseyJones

Diabloii.Net Member
Keep in mind that smite is a single target skill so going to be slow. Basically zeal for melee multi target or switch to blessed hammers after 18 for magic multi target. You probably could just zeal with might, then 1pt holy fire once your reach the right level. It would probably carry you far enough to just build straight to your tesladin...especially if you shop a +3 holy fire scepter and use that. Easily carry you far enough to unlock holy shock and switch to that with zeal from there.

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
So 'High Voltage' for pally? ;-)

I'm 40 levels into my trapsin when I realized a martial arts build would be fun. You guys usually start a new character when trying a new build or reset stats?
While gambling for lancers/altricity gloves I got some MA skiller gloves. I got some interesting gloves if you want to see them I'll put them up on that other thread.

Ghonn

Diabloii.Net Member
So 'High Voltage' for pally? ;-)

I'm 40 levels into my trapsin when I realized a martial arts build would be fun. You guys usually start a new character when trying a new build or reset stats?
While gambling for lancers/altricity gloves I got some MA skiller gloves. I got some interesting gloves if you want to see them I'll put them up on that other thread.
It's usually a time for a new char if I want to try some new build. That way I can have them all without annoying gear/skill/stat swapping AND get to experience the build from the very beginning. ...Well, my sorceress does occasionally change between lightning and cold builds. Tried 200fcr LK running with her as well.

Right now am playing untwinked bowazon trying to get her up to lvl 75 in normal as per the challenge posted here. It was tedious and slow at first but with some luck regarding drops it's gotten quite a bit faster now in her mid 60's. First time properly trying a bowazon and so far it's been a blast! Could have respecced my javazon to try the build but it just wouldn't have been the same.

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
It's usually a time for a new char if I want to try some new build. That way I can have them all without annoying gear/skill/stat swapping AND get to experience the build from the very beginning. ...Well, my sorceress does occasionally change between lightning and cold builds. Tried 200fcr LK running with her as well.

Right now am playing untwinked bowazon trying to get her up to lvl 75 in normal as per the challenge posted here. It was tedious and slow at first but with some luck regarding drops it's gotten quite a bit faster now in her mid 60's. First time properly trying a bowazon and so far it's been a blast! Could have respecced my javazon to try the build but it just wouldn't have been the same.
Yeah I've decided to make a martial artist. I'm even considering a second sorc. Thing is I have 400-500 mf on my current build but I'd like to be able to wear Ormos's Robe (should I ever find it) and Death's Fathom, ect.. plus the second build will give me my pindleskin portal back and hellforge again. Saves me from item swapping. Am I crazy?

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol! I figure I only need to get that sorc to level 85 and pass on most of the gear the current one is wearing. One will MF and the other will level climb and do LK rune runs. With my MF sorc I open LK chests and get rare and magic items, and not sure how many could have been a rune if otherwise.

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
...With my MF sorc I open LK chests and get rare and magic items, and not sure how many could have been a rune if otherwise.
None: superchests are predefined patterns and not influenced by MF for what i understood - well maybe you would get rares more often, but rune drops are not impacted. See a dedicated thread here: 1.13 LK patterns. Another exists about RoF superchests patterns.
Your chars can open the chests naked ;)

Edit:thanks @helvete for precisions on MF usefulness!

Last edited:

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
I was always told to have as little mf as possible when opening chests so I wouldn't roll an item instead. I've gotten 2 high runes on LK chests though. I usually try on double campfire maps

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I was always told to have as little mf as possible when opening chests so I wouldn't roll an item instead. I've gotten 2 high runes on LK chests though. I usually try on double campfire maps
First off, the roll for what to drop comes first, and MF doesn't matter here.
When what drops is decided, MF will apply when the game rolls for unique/set/rare/magic quality, but if magic check fails, MF will not give more superior items or fewer low quality ones.

However, for superchests, mf is NOT applied at ANY step of the way. They are a flat 19/20 and 1/20 chance that ALL items inside will be magic, or ALL items will be rare. The only time you will see rare and magic items mixed is if charms drop, since they can only be magic.

EDIT: There was also a bug which only applied gold find to the first drop cycle. I don't think they fixed that; at least no one has told me otherwise.