Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs I was planning on running a hoto trapsin for rfl round 1, and unrelatedly planning on making my first beast in a double axe. You're tempting me to make it in a military pick though. Although I don't think I have any eth ones.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
For Beast it doesn’t matter as Fanaticism makes it easy to reach last trap laying BP. We just concluded that Military Pick was best option for the 6-facet variant, considering requirements and WSM.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs ah glad i posted then ^^. Was just overlooking the obvious ias from fana. Nice well I'll have to try out both for sure then!

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
This is from the wiki:
Low level assassin staffmods are the prime example. You can not get a low ilvl/qlvl claw to drop with low level staffmods, you also can not drop the ilvl low enough with magical rerolls. But you can get the rare reroll to drop your item down to ilvl 1 using a character level 1 muling character.
It doesn't really elaborate. Does this mean that you'll be able to get staffmods on a ilvl 1 / req lvl 1 claw?

zemaj

Diabloii.Net Member
No, that is impossible as staffmods only spawn on exceptional or elite claws, and even a Quhab has rlvl21...

What that's more about is getting low tier staffmods (clvl 1/6 skills) to spawn on a claw, ever. Since staffmods are generated by ilvl, by the time an exceptional claw can drop, its ilvl will be high enough that the lowest tier of staffmods are eliminated as options. By rerolling an exceptional or elite base with the 6pskull formula, you lower the ilvl for low tier staffmods while still getting high level affixes due to qlvl (hopefully).

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Just wanted to add I don't think the lowest 3 exceptional claws can have staffmods.
So a hand scythe should be lowest rlvl possible with staffmods.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
@DiabloTwoinDC Not sure what you were looking for, but most answers can be found here - You can get low tier staff mods if you use the repair low quality item recipe, but that will be whites only.

[/plug]

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea, just after low (required) level staffmods. The low quality recipe is exactly what I was wondering about, but it looks like there are no staffmods until lvl 30, no matter what.

EatSleepDiablov2

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Gripphon's 6facet pick

What other builds would use that? I am thinking pure fire druid or sorc for cows.

I know HoTO is default for most, but for at least the druid, he needs all the help he can get and FCR/resists are not a huge priority...

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
6x pit runs at p8 gave me 1.1M experience.. Level 95 is a good 205M XP away. So, that means only around 1100-1200 p8 pit runs? That doesn't seem too bad.. Is my math off? :confused:

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@DiabloTwoinDC is this for p8 berserk? Seems reasonable.

I did some exp rate testing on my barb and sorc (who are both at lvl 94) yesterday. Ended up as something like this for time to lvl from 94-95:
  • Barb ww baal p1/8/3 - 7.5 hours
  • Pits ww p7 - 9.4 hours (~8.8hrs if p8)
  • AT blizz sorc p7 - 9.6 hours
  • Chaos blizz p8 - 5.7 hours
Wanted to kinda see what the ratio was for doing these alvl 85 runs which I enjoy more, and which have better drops, vs doing the most efficient exp route. And indeed it already paid off a bit yesterday with finding a grailer in the form of eth spirit ward with the ww pit barb. Not a bad time increase for barb imo. Ofc the ratio represents a more significant time loss at higher levels, and plus I could always use more baal essences. The sorc though, yikes. And that 5.7 hours is even ridiculously slow compared to the 3.3 hours gripphon's sorc got to o_O. Anyways I love doing p7 AT runs with blizz sorc. Maybe the most enjoyable run in the game for me right now, so I'll keep doing them. But didn't think it would be that far behind CS tbh. All this was really small sample size testing, but I felt was good enough for me.

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
@Luhkoh yep, for a pitzerker. Although my time investment is gonna be nowhere near those numbers.. ;)

I will have to time myself once I get going, but I think runs were like 2 mins. 30runs per hour would be 5.5M XP/hr.. so.. 37.3 hours. Sounds more like it to me! :p

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@DiabloTwoinDC lol yes single target char not the fastest for exp, but respect for grinding it out! My pit runs with ww were right above 2 minutes too, just with many more minion kills ofc. But yeah i knew it wasn't too relevant for you stubborn non-respeccers :p. Just was having fun gathering some of that data for myself yesterday.