Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes around 40 FR was best for non-Conviction rolls IIRC. Conviction can be dangerous but after playing last RFL with them I still preferred being healed by Hydras almost all of the time. I used Hellmouth also with DF and one FCR ring, though indeed having lucked with a 2/20 cold amulet. Still, DF with 2/10 ammy and two FCR rings also works. Or you know Viper/Ormus. ;)

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer the healing too- very convenient part of the Hellmouth setup. I may end up going the two FCR ring route if pre-RFL crafting doesn't work out.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs ah yes good idea. Dual dream bear sorc is definitely in my "eventually" list :). I do think the viper setup at trav should have the same resists for me, so no difference in sc space, but your general point is definitely well taken. You've convinced me I'll find some uses for for it and thats enough for me to want to have it available.

@NanoMist ah yes the fcr difference perhaps needing other gloves to be used is something I really shouldve remembered. And very nice on the optimal fire res for hellmouths. Thats something I'm sure I wouldve wanted to calculate as well. Only hesitation there is it might be nice to have more res for tanking FE explosions when convicted. But that may just be me thinking of running trav with that painfully budget barb last year. Maybe sorc is far enough away to be out of range of that explosion usually.

Looking forward to RFL!

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just been going through some of my stashes, and I thought of something.. (too lazy to make a detailed write-up though)

Magic Jewel Grail:
There are 39 prefixes, and 27 suffixes for magic jewels. Meaning there are 1053 prefix/suffix combinations. Add in another 39 + 27 (for prefix-only and suffix-only). Leaving us with a total of 1119 distinct magic jewel names. Anybody care to collect them all? I have a feeling this would be much much more difficult than any S/U or RW grail. Is it even possible to roll all combinations? Or, is there an ilvl mechanism that would prevent some?

After looking through my junk jewel stash with 1000+ jewels, I'm at.. 306/1119. That's a looong way to go.. :oops:

testingifthistable
canbe copiedand
pastedwithoutlosinginfo

Last edited:

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
One day someone thought that all crazy things had been discovered.

And then spoke @DiabloTwoinDC.

I've just been going through some of my stashes, and I thought of something.. (too lazy to make a detailed write-up though)

Magic Jewel Grail:
There are 39 prefixes, and 27 suffixes for magic jewels. Meaning there are 1053 prefix/suffix combinations. Add in another 39 + 27 (for prefix-only and suffix-only). Leaving us with a total of 1119 distinct magic jewel names. Anybody care to collect them all? I have a feeling this would be much much more difficult than any S/U or RW grail. Is it even possible to roll all combinations? Or, is there some ilvl mechanism that would prevent some?

After looking through my junk jewel stash with 1000+ jewels, I'm at.. 306/1119. That's a looong way to go.. :oops:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Well, it took about 3 years but my fissure druid (named AnalFissure, running AT) finally reached lvl 96 on /p1.

You can see how little I play these days... does anyone know how roughly how many runs it takes from 95-96? I've forgotten. Should be in the 2000 or 4000 range. Mobs are killed and the map is nothing special.. I've just forgotten the numbers.

edit: looks like next level is about 6000 runs away on /p1, which leads me to believe 95-96 would have been ~3000 runs as in my past experience it roughly doubled each level until 97 when things get crazy.

Last edited:

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@DiabloTwoinDC lol how did you even figure out your progress on this? If you write us a flavie report tool that tells the progress, then im in :p. It's not like I'm going to stop picking up jewels, though I dont see myself getting to the point that i burn pgems on rerolling them rather than charms. Lol fun idea.

@pharphis I made this sheet a while back, which should only be taken as approximate: LINK. So ofc its a huge range depending on boss count and minion count, but if you have 6k runs from 96-97 (seems like it should be more like 8k on p1 AT, but again many variables), then 2800ish from 95-96. Hope that helps! I plan to respec my druid to fire and level him in AT at some unknown point in the future, so glad to hear it's going well for you :).

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I went ahead to check various gear options for travsorc and compare them head to head. I wanted a single condition fulfilled for this: 170+ MF
Seems like fastest is this variant with 11.4k Blizzard damage:

Griffon's Eye + Ist
Ormus Blizzard + facet
Amulet with skills and stuff
Fathom with facet
Spirit
Snowclash
Hellmouth
Wisp
beta BKWB
War Travelers
Alternative I tested was Nightwing's with Arach belt, however it seems that boosting Blizzard damage by 1k is insignificant compared to slightly boosting the Static Field damage via Griffon's. Makes sense since that skill is powerful hitting everything faster. Overall, very safe variant that has all the goodies to keep sorceress alive. Only potential issue is mana, but it can increased via charms.

Difference is small enough to not matter much which variant is chosen. 200 fcr variant ended as fast as Nightwing's variant, but slightly slower than listed variant. I even tried 5.5k damage 200 fcr 250 MF variant and it ended a second slower than this Griffon's variant which just tells that Blizzard damage is not of much relevance, but it also seems Static does pay off to be boosted slightly.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
@DiabloTwoinDC lol how did you even figure out your progress on this? If you write us a flavie report tool that tells the progress, then im in :p. It's not like I'm going to stop picking up jewels, though I dont see myself getting to the point that i burn pgems on rerolling them rather than charms. Lol fun idea.

@pharphis I made this sheet a while back, which should only be taken as approximate: LINK. So ofc its a huge range depending on boss count and minion count, but if you have 6k runs from 96-97 (seems like it should be more like 8k on p1 AT, but again many variables), then 2800ish from 95-96. Hope that helps! I plan to respec my druid to fire and level him in AT at some unknown point in the future, so glad to hear it's going well for you :).
do a FoHer instead. In fact, I should probably switch over to that since I already have one at 95 or 96... fissure cooldown (and other skills) is just so much worse than FoH cooldown lol

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon interesting you experimented with Griffon's for Trav Blizzy. When I made this spreadsheet recently I included Static Field calcs, precisely because I also intended to have a closer look at it for RFL. According to my spreadhseet calculations, this is the difference of using Griffon (-20 ELR) vs. something else (-0 ELR).

(Edit: Whoops, rows were in the wrong place in initial screenshot.)

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 15.08.01.png

In terms of damage, it does make sense that this may perform a little better than +1 Blizzard, in particular against the LI council members. Whether it's worth dropping Shako for, I don't know... It seems there are way more approaches to Trav Sorc, but difference are so small that it comes down to personal preference in the end. Also on a very good map you can get away with things others cannot get away with. :)

It seems LR numbers of council members align nicely with the combination of Infinity plus some extra -ELR, it's above average Static Field performance. This basin page has a nice table showing minimum life % of monsters after exhausting casting, and when comparing this to the above table it's apparent that SF performs very well in Travincal.

Last edited:

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs does conviction always turn on fast enough for your first 1 or 2 SF's? If not, that might increase griffons effect.
@Gripphon love the testing. Glad its starting. Next, light facet in your blizz ormus? :p

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Numbers above are with Conviction, otherwise Static deals 0 damage vs the LI group so it really only makes sense to look at Conviction numbers. It is active after the first Blizzard more often that not, but not always. In those cases I usually cast SF (again) after it does, to get in 3-4 casts on the broken LI group.

Talking about RFL... In other news, back from vacation and I'm prepping my cow runner. :) Went back to the Beast Assassin build I experimented with last year (sadly after RFL round 1).

Back then I wasn't sure whether Beast was the best weapon for her, as it doesn't increase FB damage nor does it provide FCR. However, with every other weapon I tried now, runs are just slower. I did some number crunching last year which suggested that 6-facet weapon or even Hoto was better than Beast. But I think I underestimated the impact of Merc already landing hits while I lay down DS traps for 1-2 seconds (i.e. before spamming FB). At least judging from recorded runs that seems to be the explanation of why Beast seems best to be the best option after all. Anyway, rolled a nice map on her and am ready for the big barbecue!

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Gemmed Military Pick
Military Pick
One Hand Damage: 7 - 11
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 49
Required Dexterity: 33
Fingerprint: 0xb2c6ba08
Item Level: 81
Version: Expansion 1.10+
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up
500% Chance to cast level 155 Phoenix Strike when you Die
Adds 102 - 270 Fire Damage
-30% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+30% to Fire Skill Damage

:p

@Luhkoh
Not worth too much investment into -lite res I think

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Exactly that, except it’s not eth :p best base for the Assassin as we concluded last year. Unfortunately I wasn’t too lucky with fire facets in 2019, best I could do atm is 27/27.

Have you tested it on Cow Sin yet? Curious as to how it compares to stuff like Beast and Hoto in your case. I’m pretty sold on Beast but would be interesting to hear.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't yet. I'll probably just go with mentioned weapon. My bigger debate is whether I want to use Phoenix on main or on switch. Probably main and have 65 fcr breakpoint on it maintaining next breakpoint on switch and then just probably tele with main on cow level to not switch all the time.

zemaj

Diabloii.Net Member
Gemmed Military Pick
Military Pick
One Hand Damage: 7 - 11
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 49
Required Dexterity: 33
Fingerprint: 0xb2c6ba08
Item Level: 81
Version: Expansion 1.10+
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up
500% Chance to cast level 155 Phoenix Strike when you Die
Adds 102 - 270 Fire Damage
-30% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+30% to Fire Skill Damage

:p

@Luhkoh
Not worth too much investment into -lite res I think

That is one way to describe it, I suppose. ;)

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't yet. I'll probably just go with mentioned weapon. My bigger debate is whether I want to use Phoenix on main or on switch. Probably main and have 65 fcr breakpoint on it maintaining next breakpoint on switch and then just probably tele with main on cow level to not switch all the time.
For me runs were significantly faster with 102 FCR teleport on CtA/Spirit switch, switching to Beast/Phoenix when engaging cows. I also found In many situations it helps to teleport with Spirit. When I run into two big groups of cows after another, she can often kill the 2nd one faster than usual, by using corpses of the 1st group, which would otherwise be gone when teleporting with Phoenix. I'm used to weapon switching from all those Java cow runs in recent years anyways, but I get it's is not everyone's cup of tea. Worth it though IMO for both Java and Assassin.