Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NorthDakota, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Jamie

Jamie Diabloii.Net Member

@Luhkoh Do you play a Javazon or plan on playing one? I have a well built one with Enigma,Griffon's,186/9Eth Titans,Javagloves with IAS/ML/171%ED,+2/6LL/25STR/12AllRes Amulet... but my charms could use work lol. I only have managed to find/roll 2x Java Skillers, a plain one and one with 7%FRW. Just curious if they are in use and dear to your heart or if there are other items you'd prefer to have ;)

2. Luhkoh

Luhkoh Diabloii.Net Member

@Jamie I do not have one yet, but one is in the plans ;) no griffons though. I'm praying to the mfo overlords. If my javazon skiller imbalance continues though and I end up with more than a full inventory worth, I will definitely let you know!

Jamie likes this.
  3. Jamie

@Luhkoh Yeah I had a Bowzon I was playing, one twinked and one untwinked and then I was playing around in the Halls of Pain (if that is the name of the place immediately after Pindleskin, I forget which one is Vaught and Pain) with I THINK my Zealdin, and BAM Unique Diadem. I INSTANTLY respec'd my twinked Bowzon into a Javazon once I found that thing lol. I wish you best of luck in that happening lol. My Death's Fathom and Griffon's both came from down the stairs of Pindleskin this D2 SP Run I am on (first attempt here eventually had a hard drive crash). Even before I came to this forums, I found Unique Sacred Armors, killer bases and other high end Sets and Uniques. It is my secret MF place that I seem to be the only one that runs.

I haven't ever participated in a tournament here before, maybe I should look at the mfo overlords you are talking about. I just never used a run counter and I guess I could do a time counter if it was one of those. I also play slow and take my time and get distracted easily and jump on and off the PC a lot. Plus I just began HC for the first time on these forums and I have a 78 Blizzard Sorceress. I started with a Fissure Druid (Named Joplin, because I plan to respect to Tornado/Hurricane(Joplin, MO Tornado of 2011. Deadliest modern day keeping tornado, broke old record of Flint-Beecher, MI tornado in the 50's). I got him to like 45, still Fissure, but decided I wanted to make a Blizzard Sorceress, so I could do Andy, Meph, Pindle, etc. runs. Even though I am playing them both untwinked and may continue to play HC untwinked, not sure. All of my characters lately, except like the Javazon example or Zealer or when I find a great specific item, I have been playing untwinked because it seems more fun to use different gear every time and have to really tweak them around a lot to get the resists, life and important things to standards, especially on HC. /Ramble

Let me know if those charms ever become available or if you're looking for ones on other classes. I decided to put all of mine, even the ones nobody really uses lol. Enjoy.
    I have:
    *6 Bow Skills (4 normal, 2 max damage, 34% Gold Find), *3 Passive/Magic Zon (4 Max Damage, 14 to Life, 12% FHR)
    *7 Elemental Druid (4 normal, 1-29 LiT Damage, 5 Dex, 7%FRW), *3 Shape Shifting Druid (1 normal, 1 Max Damage, 1-2 Lit Damage), *1 Summoning Druid.
    *8 Summoning Necro (4 normal, ~24 Life~, 3 Strength, 4 Strength, 4-10 Cold Damage)
    *1 Combat Pally (~6 Strength~), *4 Offensive Auras (2 normal, 18% Gold Find, 1-23 Lit Damage), *3 Defensive Aura(1/ 6 STR)
    *4 Fire Sorc (1 Max Damage, 4 Max Damage, 5 Dex, 1-33 Lit Damage), 3* Lightning Sorc (4 Strength, 4 Dex, 7% FRW), *3 Cold Sorc (1 normal, ~26 Life~, 31% Gold Find)
    *3 Traps Sin (all normal), *3 Shadow Discipline Sin (2 normal, 1 Max Damage), 3* Martial Arts (1 normal, 5-11 Cold Damage, 10 Life)
    *2 Warcry Baba (1 normal, +3 Strength), *3 Combat Barb (1 normal, 3 Dex, 4 Strength), *4 Masteries Barb (~37 Life~, 1-2 Fire Damage, 1-3 Fire Damage, 30% Gold Find)

4. Luhkoh

@Jamie nice! 3Moth is a twitch streamer i watch play d2 a good amount and he plays a javazon down there in the halls of vaught and pain and has found some nice stuff there as well! Good thing about mfo is theres no run counter needed. You just play as long as you can/want to over 10 days. The only difficulty is you're supposed to stick to the same area with the same character the whole time I think. Good stuff on the druid. I've been playing my wind druid the last few days, killing time before mfo starts, and have leveled him up from 77 to 89 so far. He's pretty fun after i put enigma on him. That a nice set of skillers you've got there! I'm sticking to self found at the moment but i'll definitely keep that in mind, and will ofc let you know if i find a load of java skillers sometime soon :) Happy playing!

Jamie likes this.
  5. Jamie

@Luhkoh if I can get myself off of HC for a 10 day stretch I will join. When you enter, do you have to enter with one character and list the specific character and type, or do you just enter your account and run the area you select with any characters you want?

6. art_vandelay

art_vandelay Diabloii.Net Member

@PhineasB I can't find anything in the MFO rules about using different characters, is that allowed? I kinda assumed it was like RFL where you run with as many characters as you liked.

7. Luhkoh

Yeah I'm not positive. I just inferred that from meet the olympians threads.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Multiple characters are allowed.

art_vandelay likes this.
  9. Luhkoh

@maxicek multiple characters but a single area? I was never too clear on it.

10. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

You can run multiple characters and switch targets (for A85 only obviously). But you can’t count drops from areas that aren’t the selected target (eg, Outer Cloister or Tamoe on way to the Pit, or Lost City on way to AT).

I guess it’s a nice way to change things up throughout the 10 days. But it assumes two really good maps and runners and likely less efficiency due to getting in the groove of a single target/map/character-hot keys. It’s likely more “efficient” to pick a single target and stick with it. But it’s all about fun in the end, so whatever works :p

Edit: And yes @art_vandelay you can run Pindleskin anD then Snapchit to your hearts content

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Luhkoh and art_vandelay like this.
  11. art_vandelay

art_vandelay Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not planning on it, but is it possible to mix and match targets from the Pindle+ category as well?

12. Jamie

I might use this as an excuse to pump out Baal Runs, albeit they were be FAR slower than most people's, so my odds of winning will be low. But I figure this will be a good way to get some good experience on some characters and since apparently it's a lot harder to find the items from Baal, if I luck out once or twice, I could score big still and place. EDIT: I looked, it is Baal AND his minions. So I am very surprised that the items are so much harder to get from there, than they are from just general A85 areas or Pindle.

So I entered my fist tournament ever on here, just now, in the Baal category! Excited and am not sure what characters I will decide to roll with. Probably will either reoutfit my Blizzard Sorc from a medicore geared LK Runner, to her past self, since she is highest level character at 93. Yes, I know I don't focus much on leveling characters after I get them around the upper 80s and 90s and move no to new characters lol.

Something I have not made since the very beginning of 1.10, before Infinity existed, a Lightning Sorceress. She was clearly only for PvP, but it was new at the time and people were not prepared for it. I loved it. I did briefly put one together just to see if they did high damage with Infinity years back, and they did, but I did not play it at all. I may move the Infinity and Griffon's over to my level 93 Sorceress, respec her to Lightning and give that a go. From what it seems, they are arguably the most destructive characters. I also have the level 89 Javazon that is gear'd nicely with Enigma, Griffon's, 186/9 Eth Titan's and the Infinity Merc of course. I love her, but I kind of feel like using the Sorceress would be much faster and beneficial to this tournament and I am really curious in what the power difference will be between a Lightning/Chain Lightning/Charged Bolt Sorc and Javazon with Infinity+Griffons.

The only other realistic optipon would be my level 92 Zealdin. He currently uses Grief, Fort, Ist Shako, 50 Travs, and some decent MF/Damage and MF/Resist small charms. So he can definitely handle the MF, I would of course move Enigma over to him. His Mercenary also has an Ethereal Reaper's Toll I found very early on in my Single Player Adventure. The Merc has Eth Treachery and Steel Shade on right now, but he has been mainly a Trav and occasionally Fiver of Flame/CS Runner lately.. also the occasional run through of WSK. I do love that character, but I always play him as a non teleporting character and the kill speed, combined with player levels of the games, just won't be able to nearly keep up with a Blizzard Sorc or a Lightning Sorc/Javazon with Infinity. So I think he is out of the question, other than possibly small amounts of times when I want to switch it up.

writing all this has really led me towards a respec and a Lightning Sorceress, for the first time in ages! The only other respec I would do, would be to respec my Zealer and to do a Hammerdin, which I haven't made in a looong time. But I believe Baal's Minions are different currently with Hamerdins. Plus I would cry to respec the perfect Zealdin I have made. He even has 77/75/80/75 resists, a killer 8min/3%LL/10%Priz/29%FR ring, an almost perfect Raven Frost and a 2din/10%FCR/17AttackRating/16% All Resists/Magic Damage Reduced by 4 Amulet and some pretty crazy charms that are close to being perfect 5-7MF/5Resist, 3/15-20/5-7MF, high elemental/7MF Small Charms and Large Charms that hover in the +6/40 AR/30-40 Life Range and some nice Grand Charms. I love the dude, as you people can tell.

But I can't wait for the Lightening Sorceress and an experience that I might as well call new, due to making 99% of my Sorceresses Blizzards(the char I am BY FAR the best with) and the last real expensively built Lightning Sorceress I had, wasn't even made for PvM and Infinity didn't exist lol. I think she owned so hard, because people didn't know wtf a Lightning Sorc really was yet that early in 1.10. They saw Sorceress and thought Fireball or Orb and maybe Blizzard was coming lol. They stacked up on the wrong resist ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    dkn likes this.
  13. dkn

dkn Diabloii.Net Member

So I've essentially quit HC and moved to SC. I don't have a lot of time so I think it allows me to enjoy the game a little more whereas in HC I have to be more careful.

I made a VoRadin with a member on here. So I've got a level 13 pally. I'm gonna do a full avenger with him and con/vor/fanaticism with my son.

Jamie likes this.
  14. Barl

Barl Diabloii.Net Member

hey forum-goers! did you know that the word "twink" has a meaning outside of diablo II? haha, what a weird thing to have some how happened??

15. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I believe it's non-D2 meaning to be slang, and based on their respective meanings I suspect that they may have developed entirely independently of each other :p

pharphis likes this.