Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
To my surprise I actually like my Javazon a lot this time around during RFL round 1. It got me thinking of doing some Baal runs with her to level her up. But contrary to Cows, resists are important down there. Maybe not all, but at least Lightning is. So what would be a good setup for her?

I think I have all necessary pieces needed, except for Griffon's.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 Honestly I think tgods is well worth it. It's of course strictly "worse" than razortail but it turns the runs with souls from fairly stressful to not stressful at all. And the groups are small enough that the difference in killing speed doesn't seem too big.

zemaj

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1
Do you plan on running WSK2-3? If just going to roll a map with shortest possible path through both and go straight for minion+Baal, then it's probably not particularly necessary to alter much from cow setup, excepting perhaps charms.
FRW, assuming you have Titan's and Enigma (probably some on boots too), will be high enough to dodge around lightning bolts from Gloams. Particularly with some judicious Decoy use. Luckily, it's not the fastest of projectiles, odd as that is. Teleport past big spawns of mobs.
Once you are at minions, I'd think fire res will be more important, excepting the occasional LE/Conviction spawn. Waves 3 & 4 will put out some major dps with Hydras & Inferno, particularly in regards your merc. But really, they melt fast enough it usually isn't a big deal, except for your merc...

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
After grinding LK hard I am now the proud owner of 6 Guls and a Vex. For RFL round 2 I'd like to make a Fortitude from those runes and I have a 1,1k def ebug Balrog Skin. From what I can tell for the Steelshade/Forti/Infi setup it is never possible for the might merc to equip a forti base with more than 1,2k def (Only Shadow Plate/Sacred Armor get more when ebugged). Is it a good idea to just put the Forti in this armor or should I try and find an ebugged laquered plate with 1,2k def?

I might be overthinking this :D

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
One RFL if you are very lucky!
Depends on your plans. I rerolled Griefs with mine so it's always "useful". In reality once you make dual Grief, non eth Fortitude and eth Fortitude, then value of it comes down to rerolling stuff. Or making something new. I don't even know where else is Lo rune used.

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
The way you put it makes sense! I don't have any plans for BA grief in the near future (if I'm rerolling something like that for two stats it has to be a 1.07 BA :D ) but yeah, eth/noneth Forti and Grief PB are everything I would actually need and maybe a nice Phoenix shield for my firesorc/druid.

I guess Lo is used a lot in RW grail though... but that's something for another day.

MizzouFTW

Diabloii.Net Member
Found this guys website while looking for archived posts from early 1.10/1.09.

http://sebastianmihai.com/main.php

Lots of cool programming, coding, electrical engineering, Diablo II, etc. You guys should give it a look if you get bored. I've talked with him a bit and he said he's been a frequenter of this here site for a long time. Don't know his username though

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 Honestly I think tgods is well worth it. It's of course strictly "worse" than razortail but it turns the runs with souls from fairly stressful to not stressful at all. And the groups are small enough that the difference in killing speed doesn't seem too big.
Hmm, fair point. Razortail, while very important at Cows, might indeed not be that important for waves.

@T72on1
Do you plan on running WSK2-3? If just going to roll a map with shortest possible path through both and go straight for minion+Baal, then it's probably not particularly necessary to alter much from cow setup, excepting perhaps charms.
FRW, assuming you have Titan's and Enigma (probably some on boots too), will be high enough to dodge around lightning bolts from Gloams. Particularly with some judicious Decoy use. Luckily, it's not the fastest of projectiles, odd as that is. Teleport past big spawns of mobs.
Once you are at minions, I'd think fire res will be more important, excepting the occasional LE/Conviction spawn. Waves 3 & 4 will put out some major dps with Hydras & Inferno, particularly in regards your merc. But really, they melt fast enough it usually isn't a big deal, except for your merc...
The plan is to roll a good map and teleport straight to waves.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
How long does it take for Lo to become a lolrune in your experience?
I think that starting to use one for equipment that is only supporting the merc could mean that it turned into a kind of "lolrune" :).

I made Fortitude merc armors out of my two cube-bugged eth 4 socket sacred armors with more than 1300 base defense. I'm not intending to make any further ones. These kinds of base armors are clearly more rare than Lo runes, so I had a kind of itch that something needs to be done with them while I had enough Grief and non-eth Fortitude runewords for my characters themselves.

Reactions: Zyr

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anybody know what the ranges on gold drops are, i.e. when the game drops the item 'gld' what is the min and max value?

Can't seem to find anything on this :confused:

Fruit

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anybody know what the ranges on gold drops are, i.e. when the game drops the item 'gld' what is the min and max value?
The standard calculation is simply mlvl + random(mlvl*5), which is then multiplied by (100+gold_find) and divided by 100. And just like with Magic Find, if your mercenary made the kill, the Gold Find from both is added. I'm sure this is not the complete story though -- I think certain monsters/treasureclasses get a bonus. For example the "Baal (H)" TC has a "gld,mul=2048", which sounds like he can drop a whole lot more. I don't know where or how this is used, though. Kinda looks like all TCs used by champions, uniques & bosses have a multiplier like that.

Last edited:

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
@Fruit Thanks for the base formula, that's exactly what I was looking for!

As for the mul thing I guess it's like the quality selection in TCex.txt, the 2048 is something like bits and you have to divide by a suitable power of 2.

I can only make an educated guess at that though:

Council has mul=2048 and in the Piles of Money tournament mentioned by Pb_pal people roughly have 2400% GF on Hork and have reported stuff like 110000 gold in one pile. Dividing that by 510=85*5+85 (council has mlvl 85) and then by 25 for the GF we get 8,6 and incidentally 2048/256=8.

I think some other stuff is measured in 1/256's, like poison damage, so it seems reasonable.

That would mean that highest possible Gold Pile from council is 118728 at 2810% GF if you make the kill (highest possible GF, classic items with 120% GF taken into account)

Last edited: