Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NorthDakota, Sep 11, 2012.

1. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Luhkoh likes this.
  2. Luhkoh

Luhkoh IncGamers Member

@zemaj
    Thanks! I love that thread and somehow missed the two countess data on the hall of records. I also didn't know about the elite runners thread. Great stuff! No time data there right? I'm gonna proceed thinking 45s is a good everyman time for the countess, akin to 30s in LK.

3. xoti

xoti IncGamers Member

Quick question, should I make 6 ist in eth crystal sword or normal? Is there any reson not to make it in the eth one? For barb you need phase blade anyway right?

4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

If you don't attack with it the eth should have better str req. But it's not like the regular one needs a lot of str. But yeah, the only time I use 6x Ist is in a PB as offhand on my pitbarb.

@Luhkoh I hear you on the countess runs. LK certainly is more efficient. But it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Luhkoh and xoti like this.
  5. Tenecabo

Tenecabo IncGamers Member

Heh, fun side effect of my 10k LK project: at over 1500 pgems now and I don't even have an ilvl 99 grand charm. Heck, my sorc hasn't even gotten to Anya yet in hell diff. And that's my highest character so far.

xoti likes this.
  6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Nice. You can farm Diablo for them too. Or fastest way: proceed a bit and farm Nihlathak for GCs.

7. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

What for? I have both Phase Blade and Crystal Sword, I use the latter on a Singer.

I went for a normal one. You will almost certainly have plenty of strength for it. If you use Eth there is a chance it will lose durability, as you will revert to normal attack if you get mana burnt.

pharphis and xoti like this.
  8. xoti

xoti IncGamers Member

Sorc to begin with. I made it in eth one to easier tell it apart from my crystal sword CtA and for looks.

Zyr and Luhkoh like this.
  9. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

10. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

My internet went out last night and I get terrible phone service out here in the sticks(internet sucks too when it works anyway lol). Good thing I play single player, but this is pretty inconvenient.

And right after I post this, my crappy DSL is back woooo lol

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

I got my Barbarian up to level 60 and put the Death CS on him. Since I had made him as a Frenzy and popper barb, I took my Grief PB and Fortitude off my zealer for now and put it on the baba. He is only level 60 and in NM act 3, but he is completely owning for now lol. I have tons of Lem-Mal, an Ohm and then Surs and a Ber, so I need to find another Ohm or a Lo to make him his own Fort. I left him as Frenzy as it is nice to run around and attack very fast. What do you guys think I should do for end game? Here is is page currently:

[​IMG]

He has Arreats, IK Gloves, Belt, Boots, Death eth CS, Grief PB, Fort Wyrmhide

Skull Necklace
    Amulet
    Required Level: 34
    Fingerprint: 0xdf7bb930
    Item Level: 80
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
    +4 to Minimum Damage
    +15 to Strength
    +40 to Mana
    All Resistances +15
    Half Freeze Duration

Dread Coil
    Ring
    Required Level: 51
    Fingerprint: 0xe0c2ecd7
    Item Level: 85
    +8 to Minimum Damage
    3% Life stolen per hit
    All Resistances +10
    Fire Resist +19%
    +2 to Light Radius
    Level 4 Telekinesis (30/30 Charges)

Eagle Knot
    Ring
    Required Level: 51
    Fingerprint: 0x29abf554
    Item Level: 80
    +8 to Minimum Damage
    +31 to Attack Rating
    5% Mana stolen per hit
    Replenish Life +7
    Poison Resist +26%

12. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Hey, any ideas how to improve my current Javazon setup?

She's running P7 CS (all three seal bosses and Diablo) at the moment, and I plan to run there with her in RFL areas round as well.

Griffon's '-5/+5 RBF'
    Enigma MP
    Titan's
    Mara's
    HHG '2x RBF + Ambergis Jewel of Fervor'
    Sandstorm Trek
    10FCR/29MPK 1.07 ring
    Raven Frost
    Razortail

Inventory full of skillers and life/res SCs.

Merc has 'infinity', 'Fortitude' and Andy's 'Cham'

I have Wizardspike and 'Spirit' on switch for +99FCR break point and teleporting, when Diablo is spawning I take my CtA out of cube ready for the next round's start.

Possible considerations:

Highlord's for 55% IAS breakpoint. At the moment I'm leaning towards keeping the Mara's for a little bit more safety (she's level 97, not really looking for deaths since I'd like to get her to 98). She can survive with surprisingly low resistances, though.

New shield! I am thinking about shopping and then socketing a magic shield in 1.07. For example an allres/life with 3 sockets would be nice. What I was thinking mostly, is that would it be worth to 'Cham' the shield and use beta BKWB instead of Raven Frost (I'd have to farm one, still)? I'd lose potentially +5/-5 from RBF this way, so not sure Cham is worth it. Another potential upgrade would be to go all offensive and get a 4 socket Monarch in 1.13 (preferably useful magic one) and socket it with IAS/res jool + 3x RBF or 2RBF and one Cham plus the IAS/Res jewel. Thoughts?

I need to get rid of those Sandstorm Treks, I had to put them on for the str, not sure why my re-spec was last time made like that. I believe simply swapping them for Aldur's is a good move for the CS running.

Edit, @ffs are you still around, I think you went quite far with twinking around with your Javazon? She had a 2/20 amulet though, iirc.

13. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

I am thinking about a Frenzy / Whirlwind Baba with either 2x Death Eth CS/CB or right now I have a Grief PB and an Eth CS Death. The hard part will be finding another suitable base for a Death. Anyone have any experience or advice? My gear is currently a couple post up above. I am complete noob when it comes to expansion barbarians.

I am also curious as to whether or not you guys use item find when doing Trav, Pits, CS, etc..

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 4:37 PM
  14. NamelessPenguin

NamelessPenguin IncGamers Member

Any suggestions for a merc setup in the Pits? He needs to hit hard and survive. I'm playing a summoner.

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Upped shaftstop
    Vamp gaze
    Obedience in eth elite

Socket an um rune in either armor or helm. Cold damage can shatter some corpses, if that gets annoying, go for insight. Slightly more difficult to get a 4sox than 5sox eth elite pole, and stats vary greatly on insight rolls, hence the obedience recommendation.

T72on1 and jonnyphive like this.
  16. Gino

Gino IncGamers Member

Does anyone play MP from time to time? Curious to see if anyone does, or if everyone just plays solo whenever they get time due to scheduling conflicts.

17. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Random forum-question...

Remember that old pindleskin drop of a dimensional shard that someone brushed off as another Ginther's or something?

I don't remember who it was or if it was a joke

18. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Mmmm hmm. I do remember that! Difficult to find that one, but I think it was in an IFT and I'm pretty sure the poster reacted in horror after realizing their mistake.

19. Luhkoh

Luhkoh IncGamers Member

Does the spf know about the rumor that snapchip and most other a5 superuniques are bugged and don’t drop well? Excepting pindle and thresh socket. Heard about it on dbrunskis stream so I figured it was common knowledge but I saw that recent tournament where snapchip was run. So I thought I’d ask!

20. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

@pharphis I think it was an MFO. Iirc The poster did a troll with a screenshot of a Dimensional Shard and commented “Another Ginther’s” or something.

There was much shock at the time, but he later said it was a joke.

pharphis likes this.