Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NorthDakota, Sep 11, 2012.

1. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If I remember correctly, they can appear in 1.09 hell Durance 3, hovever.

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Never seen it before either iirc.

3. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

For 1.10 onward at least, Blood Lords and Undead Stygian Dolls have the same rarity, but only 1-2 Champion or Unique packs can spawn in the Durance of Hate Level 3 in Normal: 3-4 and 5-7 are supposed to be able to spawn in Nightmare and Hell respectively (none should be Dolls, though), but I don't think I've ever encountered that many there so it's probable that the small size of the level often prevents any from spawning in Normal, particularly with the presence of the moat, Mephisto and the three Super Unique Council Members (and if you don't clear the entire level each time, you might miss them even when they do spawn).

4. Apila

Apila IncGamers Member

This was in Normal.

5. krischan

Durance 3 dolls can occur in normal, but not in nightmare and hell. Apart from what's in the MPQs, I played about 10 bnet ladder seasons, with a lot of nightmare and even more hell Meph runs, with a new map every time and I haven't encountered any dolls there.

6. Basicbhoy

Basicbhoy IncGamers Member

So found an ethereal thresher tonight and decided to socket it, was hoping for 4 but got 5. Looking thru the runewords, brings me to obidience.

How would this compare to bonehew for my Merc? This would be for my wws strafer.

Is there anything else I could use the thresher for?

I did larzuk a superior monarch as well to get a 4os one. Gives me a spirit shield base should I need it.

7. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Personally, I like the CB from Obedience.

8. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

'Obedience' is one of those awesome runewords that you never hear much about. It lacks on-weapon ias and anything special you cannot get otherwise (decrep proc from Reaper's or 'Lawbringer', Conviction from 'Infinity', etc.) but outside of that, it's great for pretty much any phys char, and especially merc. Particularly at the price, it's just covered in awesomesauce. Ethereal Thresher is even a good base with good wsm, so I'd definitely encourage you to try it out.

9. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Agreed. It's a shame that Obedience almost always gets trumped by the trinity Insight / Infinity / Reaper's, because it has so much going for it: stupid high ED, CB, res all, CTC Enchant, very high fhr and very low rune cost. So yes, just give it a whirl :).

Zyr and Kitteh like this.
  10. krischan

I choose Obedience if no mana replenishment is needed (Insight) and ctc curses isn't desired (Reaper's)... not considering fancy, multi-HR runewords.

Zyr likes this.
  11. Kitteh

Does anybody know what level is required for a static field which hits the whole screen? I can't find concrete numbers for the range of the screen in yards.

Edit: Nevermind - got them :p

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 6:37 PM
  12. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

Would you mind sharing your findigs?

Kitteh likes this.
  13. Kitteh

14. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

The Basin Wiki's Walk/run speed page is accurate (and has pictures!): that Wikia page isn't, because the sides and diagonals of a sub-tile have been confused. Each sub-tile is a 2/3 by 2/3 yard 'square' which is 32 pixels wide by 16 high, so a square yard is 48 pixels wide by 24 high... but due to the isometric perspective it's the sides of a sub-tile that are 2/3 yard, and the diagonals that are 32 by 16, and these are treated as 1 yard (although this is obviously just an approximation, since (2/3)^2 + (2/3)^2 ~ 0.89 so the diagonal or hypothenus is only ~0.94): the diagonals of a square yard (48 by 24) are √2, or ~1.41 yards.

So at 800 x 600 the distance to either side of the screen is 12 yards (level 14 Static Field), to the top it's 18 yards (level 23), and to the top corners it's 20-21 yards (level 26-28).

ffs, Zyr, T72on1 and 4 others like this.
  15. Kitteh

I love you.

onderduiker, srrw, ffs and 1 other person like this.
  16. Basicbhoy

Just deeded my strager. Whistler was lvl 81 and had just bested Izual before succumbing to a black soul boss pack that, unknown to me at the time, had back up from a conviction enchanted knight nearby. Looked as if black soul boss had multi shot as well.

My fade enhanced LR of 65% and 800+life clearly wasn't enough. Losses included bonehew, upped wws, vampire gaze, spirit sword , G Face, and grissy armour as well as a pile of resit SC (again not enough).

Up until this point, she had been completly safe. No issues even with the high council. Maybe I was a bit too quick into the battle. Maybe I should have ground out better equipment.

The knight pack was off screen to the top. Is there a 'better' direction to travel around the areas to increase what is visible?

Future plans: she will be reborn once I do some better planning and shopping from Mephisto with my blizzballer sorc. In the meantime, my 99er untwinked druid can get my full attention. Currently at normal diablo but gonna level him before facing the big guy.

RIP Whistler; you were an absolute blast to play

17. ArtOfSenf

ArtOfSenf IncGamers Member

RIP and good luck with the reborn :)

18. Kitteh

Deeds is good for the soul my friend.

19. Basicbhoy

Thanks but she'll be taking her time to reappear. I need to get some more SC and some more crafting gear.

Doesn't feel like that just now.

Just need to be careful with druid even more now; I've already invested a lot of time in him and is the first character that I've actually planned on paper.

Kitteh likes this.
  20. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Condolences :(.