Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I was bored of doing repetitive runs like AT, CS or Travincal. Since I also was a bit on a dead end with my other characters (the ones in my oskill sept still needing a Highlord's Wrath, and some minor other things; my Pitzerker and Javazon needing an Enigma), I decided to start a new character, with no other particular goal than having fun. I choose a ranged Enchantress / Frozen Orb Sorc, since I love those, and happen to have all the gear available for her. Maybe not the best of the best, but definitely good enough to have a ton of fun with her.

So I created JeNeSaisQuoi (showing I didn't know a proper name for her), decked her out with some twinking gear and went off. The drops gods already showed their approval :).

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
GG T72on1. I find I need to mix it up, and not just min/max to do the most efficient but also to try out the more odd things to keep things interesting and not burn out. Naturally the most fun things get more play time, and when I'm feeling a bit odd, I go to the other ones!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Btw, I would still love to find that Highlord's, so I can get back to my sept. What's my best bet to find it? Hell Andy or Hell Council? Or some other source?

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have access to a drop calculator? a bugged Hell Andy is great for most jewelry. Especially if you have a fireball sorceress who can rip her apart!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, but was too lazy to check it. Andy is 1:1152 with 600% mf, Council members are 1:48000 something with 300% mf. I think there are 9 council members in total, so that is about 9000 runs for one to drop :(. I would have hoped that the odds are closer to each other, since the Council is a great target in general, while Andy is really meh except for jewelry.

Hopefully I'll get lucky during secound round of RFL and score one. If not, the plan was to convert my Blizz Sorc to fire one anyway, so maybe I'll give Andy a shot.

Xios

Diabloii.Net Member
Had a real blast from the past earlier. Making a new character and assembling the full Sigons Set + Angelic Jewelry combination and whatever low level unique/set weapons I could muster up.

Back in grade school all my friends were completely convinced that Sigons Set was the best thing ever, especially for starting off new characters. It probably helped that we all liked the full silver look.

To be fair, if you needed to pick something easy to remember, generalized, and relatively easy to acquire, it's not the worst choice.

I do recall on more than one occasion we took characters into parts of Hell with all the pieces still equipped, although we were usually aware that shouldn't be happening.

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
Talking about efficiently. I am looking to increase my own efficiently at 1.00 expecially if I decide to run past level 90. When csing there are two goals, one is obviously exping and the second one is gathering gold to gamble amu's. A runtime of 4 min still feels pretty slow, even though I got around 75% of the "perfect" character on 1.00.

Things that notably slow me down
1. Not being able to buy manapotions and therefore having to be really carefull using them.
2. Extra fast Lord de Seis
3. Extra fast Visier
4. When selling items you have to repair them to get maximum amount of gold from them.

So yeah the question here is to get my runtime around 3 min or below that mark.

Here is a vid of my current gameplay:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
How can you boost mana further @Treeharl ?

Does each level make a big difference with 5 points in energy? iirc you were splitting b/w vit/energy but if you're looking for mana boost you might not be able to compromise for vit much.

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
@pharphis well I can boost my mana futher when using a second soj. Currently I have 1138 mana and 627 life total (invested 185 vit and 245 energy). A second soj puts my mana over 1350 range, major downside when using a second soj means I can't mantain my fcr bp. I really would love using a second soj but my cast amu's aren't really worth removing my prism fcr ring for atm.

When putting points in energy I gain 3 mana each point (with 1 soj and frosts) and 4 with a second soj whereas 5 vit gives me 10 life (obviously). My biggest manacost is keeping my ES up while facing big hordes of Doom Knights, if a Doom Knight swings (with or without hitting me) and lets say his damage would be 57 hp; when we subtract our 7 dr from current gear it means such situation costs 100 mana every time (with 56% abs ES I would take 28 life damage on a direct hit). Also to place things in perspective, using frozen orb at level 21 costs 65 mana. Vit is obviously survival when things get ugly and I run out of mana it means all remained will be tanked purely by our HP. Currently I am investing in strength however to use a -40 req ornate and after level 90 my remaining stats will go in energy I suppose.

To sumerize how I can boost my mana;
1. putting my last statpoints after levelups from level 90 in to energy.
2. Use a cast amu (still need to gamble a decent one!) and use a second soj
3. Not using ES (if I don't use ES my manaorb never gets empty)

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
Wish it did, that would be absolutely insane on 1.00. I can only decrease dmg by putting aditional dr gear on. Luckely dr functions diffently on 1.00 as on 1.13 as dr on 1.00 works on every attack from a different frame. On 1.13c your dr works only once between 13 frames or so.

Mezion

Diabloii.Net Member
Kind of a non-single player question for you guys (since I play both single and bnet ladder these days) but how hard is it to start on d2jsp? I feel like I should have created my account 10 years ago there, as no one seems to notice/reply so far to a brand new 2017 account. Make sense but slightly annoying.

I guess it doesn't help that I don't have super valuable items yet.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking of starting an armageddon druid, going max the skill and synergies, and just a bit of stuff to barely deal with non FI stuff. I think i'll aim for 2 items i've never found yet, the TC84 druid hat and that unique thundermaul to boost my damage .. I only found 2 armageddon druids listed in here!

You have to get past the boring normal/NM stuff before the good bit in hell anyway!

Xios

Diabloii.Net Member
[...] but how hard is it to start on d2jsp? [...]
I had a brief stint on d2jsp during one of my returns to battle.net. If I recall correctly, account seniority is sometimes used for order of trade. That is, if you have the younger account you're expected to pay/give the items first when the transaction occurs because you can't do it precisely simultaneously.

Besides that, I don't think everyone discriminates based on accounts, so it might just be a matter of what you're offering/asking for. My for trade posting never got many responses just because I had so little people wanted, but you can always try and get some starting wealth selling some basic things that most people still use and don't want to find themselves (pgems, crafting runes, etc) or maybe doing some of the services like rushing and such (just look in the ISO), although there tends to be a slew of people who will do such things for free. Of course if you play other games, their currency isn't game dependent, so you could look into such things.

Different servers, classic vs. LOD, HC/SC all have different levels of demand as well. I think a lot of it depends on just finding people on there to mingle with to sort of break yourself into it, which can be a little daunting when faced with the stone wall as you mentioned.

I'm far from an expert on such things though, but my attempts to do such things on bnet mostly were soured by having to do traditional muling again, rather than any site directly.

Mezion

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for sharing that. I'll take my time and you're right about the pgems/runes/etc., seems like a good place to start.

I don't think it might be too useful for this ladder but if I can get things going, might be good for the next one instead. And I feel you about mulling, I'm realizing that I'm a terrible hoarder with ATMA, I just keep ALL the gems, runes, interesting (but not end-game) ammy and whatnot, I just dont have the space for that on bnet.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks Grape, for collating this. I did find your post and another, but I missed 4 more! I get a bit frustrated how the pats/guardians are listed and shared. I once put a (badly worded) request up, but people didn't understand what I was trying to ask, and confusion reigned.

Ideally I would have liked something that might be based around the main skill(s) used, or gear used (oskills). People who are after a new build/character to try could look up possiblities, evaluate the options and work out if they have the time/patience/wealth to put it together.

In this case, Armageddon is the star, or what makes this druid different from other druids. Sure there are variants to consider:
Maximise synergies first, other skills are afterthoughts
Titan
Hybrid where its half armageddon, half other things, eg Fury.

Sometimes you can combine some variants, eg Titan + Hybrid which is what you did. They all have their pros and cons, as a normal Fury wolf might be a better killer. I find variety helps keep me going.

Causa

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey people, I was wondering where does this bow I found stand in terms of goodness?
2017-02-14 GMB.png
5%ctc Amp
2 to bow skills
358%ED
2max
98AR
cold dmg
repl life 4

I know it has no IAS and it's far from windforce. Yet this is SP and I don't know if this is on par with Buriza or actually rather decent. This would propably force you to wear trachery for that 45 IAS but that's what I'm wearing anyway now with my fishyzon.
This wouldn't be used with fishyzon since I'm using Melody/Titans (non eth 197ed).

Just found gloves with 2 bow skill, 20 ias and 3 lifeleech.

-Causa

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Pretty good choice for an all-rares strafer. Yes, there could have been IAS and two sockets, but really... how picky should one be?