Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
My personal preference would probably be gamble on circlets until I got 2/3 skills (or maybe a nice +1 skills rare) and eventually swap it out for undead crown (doesn't this give skelly mastery or something...?) or shako if it's eventually found.

I would also just run big areas like Hell pits, cave, etc.
Gambling! Good idea. Got about 10 millions of gold in Bank of ATMA. If I could trade it 1:10 for real life money, I would still be poor because I would get only Zimbabwean money.

(joke of course)

Edit:
got a nice replacement for my Lore helm. Still +1 to all skills though.

34: Loath Circlet
Coronet
Defense: 71
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 60
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x7fc6c6d1
+8 to Energy
+35 to Life
+75% Enhanced Defense
+5 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +15
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels

Also, after changing my charms, I have 729 life and 73/75/75/75 resists. I have no charms for fire res. It looks somewhat bad and annoying :p

Edit #2:
Done Andy again. Got another Hellplague and... Nagelring with 30% MF ! 3rd Nagel in my collection. Each one found had better MF than previous :D

Last edited:

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Tomorrow my pitzerker will hit level 96 (if I don't die that is). I kinda thought about opening thread about him, but problem is he is most textbook built berserker barb can be, how any Cham Shako pitzerker would look like without fancy gear options. Maybe even that is not bad since I didn't really see threads about zerker barbs, except one, and that zerker is rather fancy.

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
I feel a bit better coz my necro improved noticeably. Rerolled charm to +1 summon. Switched Ume's for my switch wand. Now I use Ume + better necro shield (still summoning +2 but it has better resists) and switch set is only for raising army and replacing the fallen necrosoldiers. Lvl 28 Skellies + CG sounds impressive :) Should muster a second +1 summon if I sort my resists in Hell. Haven't started it to not reroll the maps on nightmare. IndianaBones is a Champion now ! :)

Burgomaster3

Diabloii.Net Member
Tomorrow my pitzerker will hit level 96 (if I don't die that is). I kinda thought about opening thread about him, but problem is he is most textbook built berserker barb can be, how any Cham Shako pitzerker would look like without fancy gear options. Maybe even that is not bad since I didn't really see threads about zerker barbs, except one, and that zerker is rather fancy.
One vote for go for it! It's always nice to read about pitzerkers, textbook or not. I'd be especially interested in your stat distribution (mainly, the str/dex ratio, AR and stuff), as that is one thing I've been wondering about lately. My own zerker is Cham and two Ists away of being "ready" (charms can of course always be better), and it would be helpful to compare, in case I missed something.

Btw, did you reach 96 just by running pits on p1?!

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
I vote yes for pit zerker thread. I have a terribly inefficient one and would love to see just how bad he really is. Gameplay vids too plz!

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
1-2 more Baalruns and I'm going to Hell. Or I will Baalrun myself until 78. I think I might lower the player counter in Hell to maybe p3 or p4.

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
@RadTang - Lowering the players setting is a good idea for Hell. Corpse Explosion becomes very efficient at low players settings, so make good use of it out there. Good luck!
Thanks ! :) The problem is to get the first few corpses, not to properly use them :p But I hope I have sorted this out with lvl 28 skeletons and CG and merc (no CB or so but still good dmg).

P8 NM Baal gets down pretty quickly. It could be faster but it's ok. It's a pity that he can't drop all uniques with my MF :p

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
One vote for go for it! It's always nice to read about pitzerkers, textbook or not. I'd be especially interested in your stat distribution (mainly, the str/dex ratio, AR and stuff), as that is one thing I've been wondering about lately. My own zerker is Cham and two Ists away of being "ready" (charms can of course always be better), and it would be helpful to compare, in case I missed something.

Btw, did you reach 96 just by running pits on p1?!
AR/stat distribution will actually be more interesting than I thought. Basically I'll share some of my views and how I'd progress on building zerker since there is already good zerker guide, what would I aim to achieve etc.

I think my zerker started as level 90 char and got to 96 by p1 Pit running. I'm pretty confident it is the same character from 2013 summer MFO.
He has hit level 95 during 2014 summer MFO, and ever since I tried to hit level 96. Normally few deaths prevented me from reaching it much sooner. For leveling reason I have built my zerker to be more sturdy than regular variants who usually have 2200 life, mine has 2600 life. Also 50+ lightning resistance to help in keeping me alive. But he didn't spend whole career as zerker, I respeced him to singer two times to compare him to zerker variant, and singers are incredibly hard to kill unless very drunk.

@Pb_pal
I already recorded and posted 3 videos. Won't post a new vid since I'm really too lazy to get used to windowed mode again ^^

Okay, zerker thread will happen, glad to hear people are interested even on most basic zerker build. Thank you for feedback.

Last edited:

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
A bug or so? I asked about it on the forums but no one replied to me.

"I am playing my necro, IndianaBones and levelling up Raise Skeletal Mage because every inch of damage is helpful. :) I can't raise more than 4 of them. My skill levels allows me to safely raise 5 at once. Switch-set allows for 6th one but he will be destroyed when I switch back to my general use wand + head set. My skill levels are: 10 (regular set) / 12 (summon set). I am always summoning with my summon set and yet the 5th mage is destroyed when I switch back to regular set.

Can anyone help me? :) Is this a bug or so? I am playing 1.14d, without any other mods."

I have unsummoned 1 skeleton but it havent helped. I summoned the 5th mage with my curses / CE wand + head set and I had 5 mages but when I switched to my summon set and switched back to 1st set, the 5th one disappeared. Seems that I have to go through hell with only 4 mages instead of 8+...

Edit: after this baalrun, I will take him to 1.13c/d and check my army status. Maybe it's a 1.14 bug.

Last edited:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Thinking of doing some cow runs with my zon in 1.07 to level up my backup sorc (for racking I guess) + assassin. I still need to get some of the items I gave away a year ago (valk, wizzy, shako, etc.). I'm thinking an assassin might be a fun way to rack/check chests in some areas since FRW stacks so well in 1.07 (it's not apparently diminishing like in later versions). But, I need to level a few times before I can equip my bartuc's chop chops :D

Rmmhc

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know if anyone remembers me but I'm MizzouFTW. I lost access to my account and Thyiad cleared me for this one. So hi again to everyone. Currently making my way through 1.00. I switched to softcore so I can play pretty risky. I noticed my style right now isn't to play it safe, so hardcore will have to wait!

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi ! :)

My necro just started hell at p8. I'm lvl 79. Thought that my merc would be too weak to kill even a p8 hell Fallen. I was wrong. xD It's ok. xD My resistances aren't perfect (4x75%) but cold and lightning are 75 and fire is 57. Poison is sligthly below 30. My MF suffered heavily - from 162% down to 116%.

Haven't used any Charsi's imbue. It produces a shitty rares so probably I won't be even using them at all.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Does anyone remember reading about some goofy not-quite-runewords in some older version of the game? IIRC it would give a name (I think one was "storm") but didn't add any mods. Tough to find good details on google and it's been like 2 years since I read about it. I think they might have been for 1.07

I'm specifically referring to runewords that give no extra mods but only give a name

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn, spent half of night crafting safety / caster amulets and rerolling GC. No skiller for summon necro, no all res + skills for necro. Damn. Wasted my gem collection. Now I can't craft :(

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone remember reading about some goofy not-quite-runewords in some older version of the game? IIRC it would give a name (I think one was "storm") but didn't add any mods. Tough to find good details on google and it's been like 2 years since I read about it. I think they might have been for 1.07

I'm specifically referring to runewords that give no extra mods but only give a name
I've seen this 'Plague' RW pics around..

Code:
Vengeance (Runes.txt ID 154, Runeword153)
3os Weapon
Ith-Amn-El

Voice (Runes.txt ID ID 156, Runeword156)
2os Helm
Tir-Ith

Wonder (Runes.txt ID 167, Runeword167)
3os Wand
Nef-Sol-Ist

Plague (Runes.txt ID 128, Runeword 106)
3os Weapon
Cham-Fal-Um
+260-380% Enhanced Damage to Demons
20% Chance to Cast Lvl 12 Lower Resist When Hit
25% Chance to Cast Lvl 15 Poision Nova on Striking
-23% Enemy Poison Resist
3% Deadly Strike / Level
Lvl 13-17 Cleansing Aura
+1-2 All Skills

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Well I mean I suppose someone could modify the files so that it can be made and then make it, but *shrug*. I don't see much point in that other than maybe having some fun with a goofy build or something