Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
You have a lvl 99 in 1.07?! HC even? That's very, very, very impressive!
It's reasonably safe once you're geared up to do 1.07 trav runs. I only had like 5 close calls with 8k life (phys immune + MS/LE/CE usually) . Stack tons of lite res and squeeze in some mdr if possible (if you're lucky enough to get a mal rune). 15k runs. Although I feel pretty good because I did innovate some things that nubio didn't try (amp dmg rogue merc with huge ias) and 2x grandfather swords. You could reach 10k or maybe 12k life by using shako instead of arreat's but frankly I'd worry about having more mdr/lite res than anything else when looking for extra tiny bits of safety.

I think nulio has done it with 2 chars in 1.07 in SC (barb, pally) :p
My pally got rekt within like 200 runs, though, despite my efforts to maximize safety.

Burgomaster3

Diabloii.Net Member
It's reasonably safe once you're geared up to do 1.07 trav runs. I only had like 5 close calls with 8k life (phys immune + MS/LE/CE usually) . Stack tons of lite res and squeeze in some mdr if possible (if you're lucky enough to get a mal rune). 15k runs. Although I feel pretty good because I did innovate some things that nubio didn't try (amp dmg rogue merc with huge ias) and 2x grandfather swords. You could reach 10k or maybe 12k life by using shako instead of arreat's but frankly I'd worry about having more mdr/lite res than anything else when looking for extra tiny bits of safety.

I think nulio has done it with 2 chars in 1.07 in SC (barb, pally) :p
My pally got rekt within like 200 runs, though, despite my efforts to maximize safety.
Man, 15k is impressive. Care to elaborate on the gear and build? I'm planning on making a trav running barb and could use some tips.

Also, condolences for the deeds. Let us hope this fills your (judging by that list) yearly quota.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Man, 15k is impressive. Care to elaborate on the gear and build? I'm planning on making a trav running barb and could use some tips.

Also, condolences for the deeds. Let us hope this fills your (judging by that list) yearly quota.
WW build, max BO, mastery, and lots of points (max?) in the other useful things like find item and increased speed.

2x Grandfather (shae), 1x arreat's face (p topax I think), HLW ammy (I think), SoE, 40 frw boots (nat's?), LoH, Arkaine's valor (ptopaz), switch was fcr/mana/MF - I think wizzeh + alibaba?, with crappy MF joolz). Rings were broken blood crafts with huge lres and leech

Rogue merc had crafted amp dmg SAFETY bow (for mdr) and it had some ias iirc. 3 sockets (larzuk) with 3x shae or 2x shae + eth or something. Armor = tal's (res + mdr yes plz) + fervor and helm = valk wing + fervor (45 ias, 30 frw, etc.).

Charms were a mix of everything. You might be able to glean some info from my 99 video.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a question @pharphis. After so many deaths, why do you still insist on playing in HC and not come to SC? I mean lets be honest, every single char will die in HC sooner or later, it is just a question of time and what kind of one-in-a-million event will cause that (or mistake by player or some pc lag). Even if not literally ALL chars are like that (some have reached lvl 99), huge majority of chars WILL inevitably face their death sooner or later. I state that more like a fact of diablo than as downside of playing HC, since I have enough diablo experience to realize that. Some chars are really hard to kill, but even those things happen, so nothing is set in stone.

To be blunt, it is not a matter or whether or not will you die in diablo, it is just question of when will it happen. For 99% characters.

Maybe HC is about journey to level 96 or whatever before you die, don't know, not an expert in HC, but when someone dies in HC, it is not shocking event, that is expected event. At least to me. I would bet my money on every single HC char that it will die sooner or later if played enough time. Harsh, but that is the reality not everyone will agree with I assume.

The same way I also expect my LK sorc to die sooner or later, it is just a question when will I do wrong tele and block/defense will fail me.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I'm not sure. I played SC on and off for years (mostly ignorant of important game mechanics like breakpoints) and restarted in HC Jan 2012 as part of this community. Not sure why I play HC. I know I will never play HC in games like PoE, for example.
Momentum?

I don't really have a good answer.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Yo, 1.07 superchests are so much more fun than 1.13. I demand that more people join in!

The chance that a charm is as good as the best that 1.13 has to offer much higher due to the better ranges for life/dmg/res and less affixes (ele dmg...). Only downside is that the MF charms are all garbage. I suppose one might get lucky with a 4% MF sc w/ 12% res of some kind

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Charms are utter **** with nearly 100% chance to get things like 1-2 cold dmg or +1 to attack rating. My coolest ones were +11 to all res (lost it due to accident with save & exit) and grand charm with +10% MF. Found also two small ones with +4%. Got my 150% MF back but it doesn't mean that uniques will be with +100% chance. Around 95% or so as far as I remember the table.

Got Trang-Oul's Wing but sadly, I'm not PnB based Necro so it won't help me. Shame that other mods are really cool.

Got a lot of D2 mods on separate install. Still playing the vanilla version. Someday I might even finish hell but I doubt if it would be possible with only 210 dmg skeletons and very low defense. Should up my rare gauntlets to exceptional.

D3 season 7 starts in more than half of a month. I might start playing it when I come back from a sea trip (which doesn't makes me feel any better or so...).

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Do not worry about defense as a necromancer. Worry about putting too much into strength because your gear is too heavy, worry about resists, worry about low skill levels, but defense is next to useless for a summoner. The good charms don't really start falling until the last half of NM roughly, and the great ones require a lot of luck and persistence.

Hell has been beaten by summoners playing naked, so with some decent easy-to-farm gear (Lore helm, spirit sword, smoke or stealth armor, splendor shrunken head, +2 or 3 summons amulet) it shouldn't be too hard.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Agree with @helvete . As a little addition, also don't sweat it if you can't tackle higher player settings yet. It's more important to kill fast than to have a high player setting (unless you play single-pass), so tune down to a lower setting and try to reach a good mf target as fast as possible. Even if it's just at /p1, which isn't unlikely if you are untwinked. I'm not a summoner expert, but I think they kill act bosses quite slow, so your best bet as far as mf targets go, are probably lvl85 areas like the Pits.

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Do not worry about defense as a necromancer. Worry about putting too much into strength because your gear is too heavy, worry about resists, worry about low skill levels, but defense is next to useless for a summoner. The good charms don't really start falling until the last half of NM roughly, and the great ones require a lot of luck and persistence.

Hell has been beaten by summoners playing naked, so with some decent easy-to-farm gear (Lore helm, spirit sword, smoke or stealth armor, splendor shrunken head, +2 or 3 summons amulet) it shouldn't be too hard.
120 str is max for me. The 20 is in case of something extra. I think about getting to 142 to wear Giant Conch (have one with 2 sockets) with Lore runeword. I should leave 25+ points in case of that. Wearing a normal-class gear in Hell feels quite weird :)

I have a quite ok MF, tuned down heavily mostly because of resists. I have changed my nice MF amulet for +1 to all necro skills with some resists. Without few MF charms I might have go even lower with MF.

My killing speed is acceptable for single mobs when they're surrounded by my army. Still, it's not bad at p8 except act bosses.

Thanks for advices @helvete and @T72on1 !

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
There is no use in using a Giant Conch. As Helvete said, defense means nothing for a Necro. So, even if it feels weird to wear it in Hell, just use a normal 2os helm. Ideally a 2os Circlet type item in my opinion, because most other headgear doesn't look good on a Necro. But that's a matter of personal taste of course.

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, putting extra 25 in strenght wouldn't mean anything. Unless I find really godly rare elite armor but I doubt it. Should have stayed with 100 str and have 20-25 points reserved for anything extra.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
There is no use in using a Giant Conch. As Helvete said, defense means nothing for a Necro. So, even if it feels weird to wear it in Hell, just use a normal 2os helm. Ideally a 2os Circlet type item in my opinion, because most other headgear doesn't look good on a Necro. But that's a matter of personal taste of course.
My personal preference would probably be gamble on circlets until I got 2/3 skills (or maybe a nice +1 skills rare) and eventually swap it out for undead crown (doesn't this give skelly mastery or something...?) or shako if it's eventually found.

I would also just run big areas like Hell pits, cave, etc.