Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends a lot on the character, but deaht's glove/belt and rixot's keen+1.07 raven claw will get you there.

Burgomaster3

Diabloii.Net Member
If you don't have jewels of envy, what's the best way to twink a low level char (levels 1 - 30)? Max damage jewels in socketed items?
From 1-18 I usually use Khalim's Will (thoug some may consider it cheesy) and some combination of Death's/Hsaru's/Sigon's/Arctic etc. Strenghth charms if needed. At lvl 18 it's usually this thing:
Code:
Gemmed Superior Crystal Sword
Superior Crystal Sword
One Hand Damage: 5 - 107
Durability: 13 of 22
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x8d770fd6
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+92 to Maximum Damage
+2 to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana after each Kill
Increase Maximum Durability 13%
6 Sockets (6 used)
Socketed: Jewel of Carnage
Socketed: Aureolic Jewel of Carnage
Socketed: Carbuncle Jewel of Carnage

Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x5a21ddb1
Item Level: 85
+15 to Maximum Damage

Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xbe527b41
Item Level: **
+15 to Maximum Damage

Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x319b3185
Item Level: 80
+15 to Maximum Damage

Aureolic Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x164f136d
Item Level: 48
+15 to Maximum Damage
+2 to Mana after each Kill

Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8461ba3
Item Level: 74
+15 to Maximum Damage

Carbuncle Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa9f6294f
Item Level: 85
+17 to Maximum Damage
Many recommend the 1.07/1.09 Ravenclaw Unique Long Bow due to its exploding arrows, but I haven't got one yet. I hope my timetravel escapades net me one at some point.

Stealth runeword is good, Twitchthroe for merc is nice. Leaf staff for fire builds.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, I thought about that afterwards, so came back to add it to my post :oops:. It's for a melee character, a future ww barb.

Death's glove and belt are a given to me. Although lately I have also been using full Arctic set on some characters too. I don't have a 1.07 Raven Claw. As a matter of fact, I don't have one at all in SC, where this is bound to happen, nor a Rixot's Keen.

So I was thinking Death's gloves and belt (which I usually use well into NM, sometimes even Hell), all socketable item slots +max dam jewels (ED% ones probably aren't worth it at this stage). Boots and belt anything with mods that I need, so probably fhr / res belt and boots with as much frw as possible.

Edit: ninja'd by @Burgomaster3 :). Yes, I was thinking something like that. But with lower level jewels early on, since I have a few 6os Crystal Swords already. But + max damage jewels in other sockets too, or doesn't it work when put in armor / shield / helm?

And yes, definitely Twitchthroe at that level, as well as Duskdeep usually.

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Just got my Titan's Revenge ! I was in search of Khalim's Brain (The Annoying Fetch Quest: Episode 2) and one of the poppables put this ! It's a low end one (only 165% ED) with mediocre life steal (7% out of 9% possible) but ranged it's closing to 200 DMG and nearly 150 in melee. I'm thinking about a twinked javazon with this though with maybe a hardcore mode as extra challenge to put the difficulty up.

Attachments

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Just got a Goldskin! It dropped from a chest. xD Low quality one but it's a good thing for my merc. I prefer to have big MF boost via Arctic Gear's belt and armor.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Can someone remind me which low runes are worth keeping in 1.07 for crafting purposes?

I know shae but other than that...?

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember where the info was. Tir was the other rune I usually don't bother with but I guess I will now

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 69 :> I have respec'ced to get rid of magi. They're useless. I might add a few points in Raise Skeletal Mage much later if I upgrade Clay Golem to 20 (now it's about 13 with +7 to CG). The golem has surpassed sligthly the 3000 life ! And with +1 to necro skill amulet (rare one), I've traded some defense + MF for noticeable offense bonus. All skills are +1 so my skeletons deal now about 210 dmg (previously, they were capped at about 195). Still running nightmare Diablo to get some stuff. Haven't got a lot of anything to be honest and killing him at p8 takes too much time for that poor stuff he drops.

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe try p3 for the diablo kill since it will be much faster and he should still drop almost as much
Good idea. Might try it in the next run.

Also, just exceeded the 1000 gems in my whole journey. No pgm dropped but I have got cubed a few to get some free place in the stash.

Got Haemosu Adamant armor. Cool one but the Goldskin is much better. It needs just upping. So far, it's good enough on nightmare but I will up Goldskin somewhere before battle with Baal. Weapon: Hwanin's set weapon. Good damage. Haven't found anything better.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Oh, also p7 should be the same as p8 for drops so unless you really want exp you might save a few seconds that way

RadTang

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, also p7 should be the same as p8 for drops so unless you really want exp you might save a few seconds that way
I don't know how my adventure should be shaped at p8. Basically, this is my 1st char at p8. I might be already a few levels too "old" for A4 NM. But probably at lvl 70 I go to A5 and kill Baal a few times.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
For those interested in how much I've deeded over the years:

2012: Blizz sorc, 96.5, Singer (90ish during MPing)
2013: FoHer, 95.7 (I think)
F Nova sorc (87ish... went from 70 to that and died within a weekend - at least I found my ONLY HC jah rune)
2014: 97.7 Ce/nova nihl running necro edit: frenzy in 2014 I think
2015: 86 Zealot to 1.07 Toorc PI LE/MS/CE instant death
2016: 95.8 blizz sorc during MFO

Throw in some random MP chars and mules for the rest. Still have my
1.13: 95 FoHer, 95 bowazon, 90/91 charger and some other crappy chars
1.07: 99 barb, 94 sorc, 87ish zon

Last edited: