Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I'm sure 1-2 of them were from other sources, too. Can't forget the 8k nihl runs

edit: I got a lightsabre from 1.07 council as well ;) (elegant blade)

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Ok, my sorc reached level 94. I'll probably aim for level 95 and then switch down to /p1 for the MFO if I'm still motivated at that time (my next 1.5 months are going to be hectic).

It was about 400 runs to reach 94 from 93, and the next level will take ~800 runs at /p3.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Continued to test my pitmap, am at 600 test runs total now (550 by counting pit 1 and pit 2 separately). Nothing really changed.
5031 bosspacks in 600 runs => 8.39 average
Pit 1: 3227 bosses in 550 runs => 5.87 avg
Pit 2: 1374 bosses in 550 runs => 2.50 avg
Bosscount without questionable area: 4423 in 550 runs => 8.04 avg (basically how I ran on last 2 MFO's, though I did check questionable area when bosscount was low, so average is certainly a bit higher, but not above 8.1 I assume)
Pit 1 8 bosspacks: 8.8 times in 550 runs (once in 6.3)
Pit 2 4 bosspacks: 19 times in 550 runs (once in 28.9)

Will do tests till 1k runs I think, though there is no more need. It is simply worth to hit that area I've been ignoring, boss spawns there once in ~3.1 runs as per 550 runs test.

Last edited:

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
One more thing I noticed and must check with more tests. It seems to me that the more champion packs there is, the less overall bosspack count will be in run. It could be my map thing, but I hardly ever have over 5 bosses in pit 1 if I get 2 champion packs spawned (with 1 champ pack I can get to 8 bosses though). If in first area I have 2 champion packs, rest of the map is usually empty for whatever reason. Whenever I had 2 champion packs spawned in first room, I never had over 4 bosses in pit 1 total (including those two champpacks). With 3 champpacks in pit 1 I didn't still see over 5 bosspacks total then.

I can't be sure since I started to pay attention to that yesterday, but it seems to me championpacks could influence total number of bosspacks spawned for whatever reason. For pit 2 it doesn't really matter though since there is always at least 1 bosspack.

Friiser

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm almost at 95 with my summoner necro...and for the first time in my D2 gaming career I changed my mapping away from the F1-F12 keys for skills. Been running around trying to get used to it so that I am proficient by the time MFO starts. The urge to hit F3 is great (teleport).

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
You'll get used to it very quickly and then you'll wonder what you were doing with your life.

I use qwer asdf zxcv for skills and g for wep swap. Y for stat screen (for porting farther)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm almost at 95 with my summoner necro...and for the first time in my D2 gaming career I changed my mapping away from the F1-F12 keys for skills. Been running around trying to get used to it so that I am proficient by the time MFO starts. The urge to hit F3 is great (teleport).
What? No ... !? Yeah, you'll definitely get used to it, love it, and wonder what you were doing before.

NorthDakota

Diabloii.Net Member
Got my sorcy goin. Level 23, just killed Diablo normal. I need 24 so badly for blizzard. Right now I'm ice blasting everything down and it's taking forever, I have no mana, everything is the worst. But I'm plugging away.

Any help on getting a low level insight base for my a2 merc? I have the runes but no base. any tips?

Last edited:

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
Got my sorcy goin. Level 23, just killed Diablo normal. I need 24 so badly for blizzard. Right now I'm ice blasting everything down and it's taking forever, I have no mana, everything is the worst. But I'm plugging away.

Any help on getting a low level insight base for my a2 merc? I have the runes but no base. any tips?
Untwinked or twinked?

4os polearms only start showing up in A1 NM, so if you don't want to bother with the cube or a socekting quest then you'll have to wait until then (or bomb around there for a while with another char if twinked)

Otherwise, Voulges (Bills too, although str req 95 means your moron might need some +str gear to wield it earlier) have max sockets of 4 from ilvl 26+ (IIRC, these start dropping in act 4 although I could be very wrong). If you're twinked, you can just Larzuk any Voulge/Bill with an ilvl of 26 or higher and it will have guaranteed 4 sockets. If untwinked, you can use the cube recipe to socket them and hope for the best.

The cube recipe is also an option for other polearms as well, although since they can get 5 or 6 sockets, the chances are lower of obtaining the base you want.

Otherwise, load up on Tir runes and try to gamble/find some +mpk gear to keep you going in the meantime. :) Also, go do some Shenk/Eldritch runs to gain some levels and get some extra mana, that will help too. 23 is pretty low for beating D.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
It is just how many sockets an item can drop with which is limited by difficulty. The max is 3 in normal, 4 in NM and ofc 6 in hell. A crystal sword found in the Throne of Destruction on normal will get 6 sockets from Larzuk. There is a list somewhere with how many sockets every item can get at each ilvl interval. The intervals go 1-24, 25-39, 40-99 if I'm not mistaken. Checking this against monster levels (as monster levels aren't equal to the area lvl in normal) or simply checking the ilvl in gomule and then use the cube or Larzuk to socket would be the quickest way, especially if you're holding off on NM.

Griswold in NM can drop grey Colossus Voulges; I once made a CV insight around 40 levels before my merc had the str. to use it =)

EDIT: pwnt due to not reloading the page

NorthDakota

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys, I'm on it. Once I hit 24 I powered up to 40 in no time, no insight since I'm just in act 5 normal. I figured I'd have to go farther since I picked up a million bases and no 4os so. Unfortunately it seems I've forgotten a lot since last I played, but it's okay I'm pluggin' away.

Edit: Level 59 now, just built my first insight -.- In a regular scythe. First base I've gotten. I have been suffering. Yes untwinked, old stashes are somewhere on my external packed far far away. It's cool though I don't wantem anyways.

Edit 2: Still suffering. I don't know what I was thinking going pure cold. I just hit hell and there are cold immunes. Gonna have to get creative till the respec. Really I just want to get to hell meph so I can put together my gear. It's a little shaggy right now.

Last edited:

NorthDakota

Diabloii.Net Member
Pluggin along, level 73 now. Not exactly sure how best to spend my time. I'm still hunting for any kind of spirit base without larzuk. Spent a bunch of time on NM Meph looking for some junk to wear but fairly unsuccessful. Doing some NM cows now for runes/charms/spirit bases. No crystal swords yet. Found a 4os longsword but I don't want to make it in that. Picked up a 3 cold skills magic ammy, so that's nice.

Edit: hah.. Right after I posted this, got a 4os broadsword, made Spirit - 35% fcr, +111 mana. 1 mana off perfect aww yiss.

Last edited:

Uthanak

Diabloii.Net Member
Very well. I am currently levelling and planning my Wolfbarb. Most guides suggest a Grief Phase Blade. But few talk about the mercenary to go with it. I am somewhat tired of always using Act2 might merc, so it got me thinking I would use a Act 1 Faith Mercenary. But gaining the fanaticism aura got me thinking maybe Phase Blade is not the absolute best weapon for this runeword on my wolf barb? I would like to know, D2 veterans, what is a good setup for a wolf barb? Thank you kindly.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Alright, my sorc reached lvl 95 so I've now done about 23k AT/pit runs total. Instead of barely boosting my blizz/glacial spike dmg by putting another point in a synergy, I decided to put my skill point into lightning mastery so that now chain lightning can help me (barely) kill CIs a bit faster when my merc is distracted. 400 dmg rather than 150 is a decent improvement, I guess. I'll probably respect again around lvl 96 or just before the MFO anyway. I'll probably also stick with the /p3 runs until closer to the MFO as well in the hopes for more HRs

edit: I'm undecided on how to gear my sorc in terms of armor and rings. I'm tempted to lose 60 MF from 2x nagelring by switching to 2x beta BKWB for more life and dmg, but I'm thinking the dmg might not even help much when playing on p1 in the future. I'm using skullder's atm but could swap it out for enigma (lol) for less MF but that juicy run speed + another skill (and life, def, DR%, etc.). Realistically, I should probably just swap it out for 1.07 skullder's but I'd need to find one (lol) I suspect the ring swap is probably the most cost-effective, though.

Last edited: