Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
@Grape: why don't you use the last GoMule backup, should be right there from before you muled of the gold.

Nothing wrong with restoring from a backup if the character is corrupted. Most people have had something like this happen at some point in time, either corrupted or caused by a HDD crash. Just be carefully you don't accidentally create a dupe if you muled anything else off.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I've continued testing on my pit map and don't have definite answer yet, but based on 220 tests I definitely underestimated that questionable area of map I talked about on last page. It seems boss appears there once in ~3.25 runs and not once in 5 like I thought before, and as long as I can check that area without losing 2 seconds per run, it should be worth to check, but in the end it is still comparable whether or not I check it or just teleport further.

Map is right where previous tests have put it, at 8.064 bosspacks average if I exclude that questionable area, or 8.373 if I include it. Including test 50 runs done before counting bosses in questionable area, maps average is atm at 8.415 on 270 test runs.

Some statistics of 220 runs by including questionable area into count.

Pit 1 so far average bosspack count is 5.85
Pit 2 average count is 2.52
Longest streak of runs with less than 8 bosses total: 4
Longest streak of runs with 8 or more bosses total: 23
Longest streak of runs with 8 bosses in pit 1: 3
Lowest number of bosses in 10 runs: 78
Highest number of bosses in 10 runs: 96
Number of runs with 8 bosses in pit 1: 34 in 220, or happens once in 6.5 runs
Number of runs with 4 bosses in pit 2: 6 in 220, or happens once in 36.7 runs
Lowest number of bosses encountered so far: 5 (I remember encountering 3 before, but super rare event)

Testing is interesting ^^

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
These numbers are 2+ years old or something, but my Pit Bosses.xls file has 252 runs recorded, 8.48 mean.

5.79 level 1
2.69 level 2

Your map sounds sweet too!

Smancer

Diabloii.Net Member
I was so excited today. I had off work and the whole day to sit down and play some d2. Well about 4 hours or so.

I started off running AT for a while, but I really wasn't getting much of anything. I took a break and came back and moved on to pindle. I went from level 90 to 91 today exclusively running MF targets.

The results???

Nothing.

I found 2 chance gaurds, a gold wrap, a +17 life small charm, an Ist, and that was it.

Some really strange stuff though as I played today. Not only did I get 2 chance gaurds, but I was seeing 2x of a lot of things. Pindle even dropped 2 heavy belts, one set and one unique. I felt like I got the same drop rolls a few times.

I really want another 4os monarch, but one is not turning up in AT.. any ideas where to hunt for one?

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
Fastest way is a 1.07 rack. Else just do some cow runs and random socket all white monarchs you can find. I guess after 10 cow runs you have a white monarch.

Smancer

Diabloii.Net Member
Fastest way is a 1.07 rack. Else just do some cow runs and random socket all white monarchs you can find. I guess after 10 cow runs you have a white monarch.
Which do you think, hell cows or Nightmare? Does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure about nm cows and monarchs, but hell cows are indeed best source of socketables. Or you can try Pit with some screen-clearing character like novamancer or javazon. That should be second best method.

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
I am talking about white Monarchs here. If I use the dropcalculator on players 1 it says 1 in 5052. If you calculate 480-520 cows a run that means you have exactly 1 in 10 chance it happens. Ofcourse if you are hunting for a 4 socket one because you can't use a socket q or don't want to random socket I guess your chance drops to about 1:70 cow runs.

Smancer

Diabloii.Net Member
So I finally found a white monarch and got 4 sockets in the cube.

I did some math and found if I went Mage fists and got a perfect roll I'd be at 105 FCR.

Took about 6 rolls to get a 35 spirit. I also respeced because I didn't have the strength for a monarch.

While I was at it I decided to go for meteor/fireball with orb instead of staying blizz ball.

Different play style for sure but fireball with 105 FCR is fun.

Did a couple countess runs and found 2 mals already.

Working on finding end game gear for my sin. I want her to be a rift sin. The only guide on here that I found is Sara's guide.

I'm missing Drac's gloves. That is the only thing right now preventing me from taking the leap. My sin is 74 now.

Oh and a socket able war scepter... More cows I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk