Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I started running Nihlathak with my lvl 97 Javazon. I'd rather not die, although It's not supposed to be a new 99er. Just for fun for a while. As a goal, I'd like to find a HR or two while I'm at this.

Any comments about the gear?

Upgraded Titan's
Griffon's 'IAS/MF' jewel
Highlord's
Stormshield 'Sol'
Engima
2/20 rare gloves with ML/MF/RES
Nature's Peace
1.07 FCR/MPK ring
Razortail
Waterwalk
CtA/Spirit switch

inventory with java skillers, res/life scs

Merc:
1.07 Gaze, no socket yet
Tyrael's 'Sol'
1.07 Eth Infinity GPA

First things I would maybe change are better/more usable IAS jool for a Griffon's. Also Bers instead of Sols? Probably not gonna do that though, I think... Anything else?

bodry

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't have much time nowadays to play, but I think I can squeeze out a 20 hour set. :) Count me in.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I think MFO is trade accepted only, but if it isn't then I will take part.
He's asking about RFO, not MFO :) And I think RFO is free for everyone, as there haven't been prices.

I think I could manage to do one 20 hour set aswell

LiquidClear

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking as the resident "guy who runs way too much"... I would love to sit back and watch as many of you as possible run as much as possible. Just not me this time. Sorry!

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been thinking about having Cow Level competition of some sort. Idea is to have X days of running cow level as much as you like, with having top 5 runes for the final score so anyone can run as much as he wants without time limitations and such. Runes scored would be I believe all in range El-Zod, so that even people finding "nothing" could have top 5. Or above the limit of certain rune. Must see drop chances to see what would be sensible.

When? Well, don't know. It depends on will there be MFO soon. Since now it is RFO, possibly a month later at earliest after RFO ends, or something like that.

Would anyone play that? Someone could find Zod!

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Another idea is not to have only Cow Level, but all areas where Zod could drop. It will be a bit bad to balance scoring due to some monsters having better drop chances, but in general, from what I see, runes are similarly rare to each other independent of monster type, so that would make scoring same for all areas. Areas of interest could be CS, Pit, AT, Cow Level... RoF (excluding superchests)?

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
One more thing. I thought about having Pindlethon-like contest at the same time when we farm runes in those areas (no Pindle though). Top 5 runes go into final score etc, while we present our top 5 non-rune drops where players vote for the winner in that part. It would be 2 contest in one, with farming runes being main one, and that with items secondary fun one.

ISO opinions, ideas etc.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
I'd definitely go for a Cow level one. I rarely run that. I think I have a light sorc somewhere. :p

Bry

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with starting fresh, its one of my favorite parts. I just started over and I have 1 character in a tournament right now who will eventually be my mfer and hopefully join some of the mf contests.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually think running all areas where Zod can drop (or more popular areas) is much better than just cow level because playing only cow level doesn't give players as much inspiration as it does running something where you can also farm rare items or gain experience (not to mention that cows get boring quite fast, having more areas to combine is good to keep people playing). Hence, areas to run would be like Pit, AT, CS, WSK, Throne Room + Baal, RoF, Cow level... Pindle? Don't know what else. So, while participating at contest, players could also hunt for experience, rare items or both at the same time.

That is my view on it.

As for name... dunno. Zodthon :p

Friiser

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually think running all areas where Zod can drop (or more popular areas) is much better than just cow level because playing only cow level doesn't give players as much inspiration as it does running something where you can also farm rare items or gain experience (not to mention that cows get boring quite fast, having more areas to combine is good to keep people playing). Hence, areas to run would be like Pit, AT, CS, WSK, Throne Room + Baal, RoF, Cow level... Pindle? Don't know what else. So, while participating at contest, players could also hunt for experience, rare items or both at the same time.

That is my view on it.

As for name... dunno. Zodthon :p
Maybe we do a decathlon type where you run a single area for 3 hours, the move to the next area. Just an idea...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, I like the idea with no area restrictions but would definitely give cow level a go myself. Also getting a score for the runes and separately voting for the top 5 items sounds nice.