Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Isn't the save time fast whenever you haven't spawned any monsters in that act? As in you can fast save in act 1 if you have been running in act 3, etc etc?

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
I got 1.06b working! First thing I noticed is that random bosses have the most excellent names:

Screenshot1.jpg

Potentially stupid question: How do I mule in 1.06b? My understanding is that none of the normal muling programs work. On the same note - how do I get items *out* of 1.06?

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
dunno about muling but you probably have to multi-instance and transfer items manually (what is this, 2001?) to another char.

To move items forward you need to open a character with the items in a later version (say, 1.07) and I'm guessing you'd also want to go to expansion in that later version as well (after opening the character once to update it as a 1.xx character)

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
Soonce I figure out multi-instancing, transferring items becomes easy. Let's say I make a character "Forwarding_Mule" in 1.06b. How do I open him in another version?

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Make sure the character is in the save folder for the version you want the items/character in, and then open that version of D2 and load the character

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
Also keep in mind that early classic versions are tricky, and in order to avoid your items being corrupted, you should first forward it to 1.07 and open it there, before forwarding it to 1.13d or whatever.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
Also keep in mind that early classic versions are tricky, and in order to avoid your items being corrupted, you should first forward it to 1.07 and open it there, before forwarding it to 1.13d or whatever.
This. Also be prepared for ATMA or GoMule to flatly reject certain items and kaboom them. It's the cost of time travel, not everything makes it through the DeLorean.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Not in any version I'm aware of. There are some exceptions, iirc, depending on if you have something equipped or not when you exit.

But, I've never run into that problem. Just make sure you have nothing equipped when you exit to be safe while you wait for someone else who knows better :D

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
If you only have one corpse it will be in town when you start a new game. If you put more gear on and died again and left 2 or more corpses you will only get one in town and the others will be lost , I think the "higher value one" as decided by the game.

You of course won't get any of your exp back though.

This is of course assuming you're not playing HC [emoji14]

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Limited to one corpse; the one with the most gold value in items on it. So if you put a spare CtA on to retrieve your corpse, but die again, you have to get that one or the original corpse for nothing to vanish.

nulio

Diabloii.Net Member
If you die a second time before getting the first corpse and while using different gear you might lose the original gear iirc.

Edit: oops ninja'ed by some hours

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
How odd. I died in the halls of the dead in the middle of a whole lot of nope. S&E, no corpse in town :( No corpse in the halls of the dead.

Luckily I'm pretty early in my Classic career, and it won't be hard to get back up and running, but it's weird.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
Also note that in Classic at least, your corpse won't be right at your feet in town. It might be elsewhere in town. I've had it spawn some distance from the log in point in 1.00 before.

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
Also note that in Classic at least, your corpse won't be right at your feet in town. It might be elsewhere in town. I've had it spawn some distance from the log in point in 1.00 before.
I'll check when I get home, but this sounds like the culprit. Thanks Goober.

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there some consensus on which sorc cold armor is best/worst?
I always use Shiver Armor. It slows melee attackers when they begin the animation, instead of only after you are hit (as Frozen Armor does). Not getting hit at all is better than not getting hit a second time.

Take a look at this thread Post 3 explains it well, and as far as I am aware, is accurate.

frozzzen

Diabloii.Net Member
I was under impression that LE bolts have some nextdelay and that they can't fire at zeal speed. I guess I learned something new today... fast recovery to you phar...

As a sidenote, playing HC should be bannable. Just saying for 53272345th time.