Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+2-6 To Battle Command (varies)*
+1-6 To Battle Orders (varies)*
+1-4 To Battle Cry (varies)*
Prevent Monster Heal
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Decent mods and PMH/MF. 5-soc = many bows to choose from.
I don't have the runes ATM. But anyone gave it a try?

sexyfool

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting idea. I stashed a crusader 5 socket a few days ago with just that idea. I currently use a bo baba on 2nd comp when solo'ing acts or mf'ing but cta is much more convenient. I also thought, like you, that the mods are ideal for a bowazon. Could some very clever person calculate the damge on say, a normal crusader bow?

Cheers.
:drink:

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
As soon as I get an Ohm I'm making one of those. I already have a Mal and an Ist stashed away together with a 5sock Crusader bow (iirc), I want to make myself a pitrunner with that. Well, it will take a while i guess, because when I find/trade an Ohm my first CtA will be for my blizzard sorc :teeth:
I think the dmg would be around 60-190, but thats without a calculator, actually it's a rather wild guess :D

AuraAllan

Diabloii.Net Member
If u wanna make CTA bow.

make it in a sup grand matron bow.

much better then crusader.

~AuraAllan~

Frenzied Bovine

Diabloii.Net Member
Here, i'll do the math. I'm too stupid to figure out superior's though, so we'll assume a plain white item.

I'll do two cases: minimum 250%ed, and perfect 290%ed. Should give a good idea of the spread.

The advantage of a Crusader Bow over Grand Matron Bow is that you can lend it to other chars for BO purposes. Might want to consider a Shadow Bow too, for a Dexazon.

Crusader Bow: 15-63 damage, 97 str, 121 dex req'd, +10 WSM
Grand Matron: 14-72 damage, 108 str, 152 dex req'd, +10 WSM

250% ed..
Crusader: 52.5 - 220.5
GMB: 49 - 252

290% ed..
Crusader: 58.5 - 245.7
GMB: 54.6 - 280.8

Basically GMB wins..

KirbyDK

Diabloii.Net Member
i have been wondering the same thing. i found a matriarchal bow the other day with +3 to skills and 5 sox. can it be used or is the dmg too low?

Battleseed

Diabloii.Net Member
KirbyDK said:
i have been wondering the same thing. i found a matriarchal bow the other day with +3 to skills and 5 sox. can it be used or is the dmg too low?
IMO the Matriarch would be the better choice than the two previous mentioned. Has -10WSM so with CTA runeword you only need to add 35IAS from gear to hit 8 frames. Add the + skills from bow and CTA effects (BC & BO) and its all good. Strength requirement on this bow is less as well.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Diabloii.Net Member
you add 1 to all damage values before multiplying so all the damages listed in bovines diddy will be 3.5-3.9 points higher, you round the final number down to the nearest lower whole number

phelix

Howler

Diabloii.Net Member
was just about to post about this rune word,

I found a Superior Matricachal Bow (+12% ED, 5 Sockets and +2 Bow Skills) and was wondering if it was worth it for making a Pit Running Ama.