Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone that visits Supercars.net?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FiNaLoRgYkKzOn, Mar 21, 2004.

1. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

Anyone that visits Supercars.net?

Is anyone a car lover also? If so what's your username there. I used to visit a whole bunch in the summer...very entertaining.

2. London

London IncGamers Member

I visit Fantasycars.com everyonce in awhile. Mainly for Ferrari's and other exotic sport cars.

3. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

I have never been to that site until I read it in the title to your thread. Seems like a decent place. The only "supercar" I am interested in, however, is the new AMG line, specifically the E55, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz. I looked at some of the AMG forums and, well... was disappointed. Many posters seemed like a bunch of kids who have never even seen an AMG in real life, throwing around insults and being generally rude to each other. My AMG forum of choice is a bit more mature, and consists mainly of owners who I can swap useful info with. But otherwise, the site is cool in that pretty much any supercar has a place to be discussed there.

4. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

AMG E55... yeah I suppose I could understand someone liking that. I think I'll wait for the 2005 M5 =P

5. giantpinkbunnyhead

The 2005 M5? You mean the car that needs two extra cylinders, a few extra gears, and 60 additional HP over the current E55 to pull off the same performance? ;) I guess it all comes down to loyalty... the MB fans love their MB's, the Beemer fans love their Beemers... And, to give credit where credit is due, I do appreciate that BMW offers a manual tranny on the M5. It's a shame to force so much power to an automatic, as is the case with the E55. They don't come in stick. As nice as it is to slam on the gas and be at 100 mph in less than 10 seconds without having to worry about shifting or clutching, it just isn't right.

6. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

I'ma go with my Riced up Honda Civic ;) But I feel that MB owners like MBs just cuz it gives them a feeling that they're powerful/rich..altho the Mclaren SLR is awesome..

7. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

No thats the bmw drivers. You know cause spending 50k on a car makes them exempt from using turn signals, ever, maybe even getting them removed, tailgating when there is 3 other open lanes, and acting like an overall *******.

and for the 5% who aren't like this. I thank you.

8. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I want a humvee with a big gun on the back.

9. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

I use overboost.com find when shows are around get parts for cheap and nice idea's and concepts from company's and people.

10. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

I don't disagree that a lot of BMW drivers are, well, dickheads, who buy them so they can say they have one, but there are a few of us who love them just because they're great cars.

11. giantpinkbunnyhead

That can be said for any luxury/sport/exotic/prestigious car, really. I think a more than a few MB owners are rude; lots of Ferrari owners are; many Aston Martin owners are; the thing of it is, people who buy these cars tend to want something other than the performance and luxury; they want prestige, recognition, and attention. The dealerships who sell these cars greatly inflate the buyers' egos as well. I know firsthand just how far MB will go to please a customer, and it's extremely easy to develop this "god complex" after visiting them. You leave feeling like you own the world!

I have tremendous respect for people who own these higher end cars, and manage to avoid picking up the snobby attitude that so often accoompanies it. These folks tend to be bigger car enthusiasts, buying a car for love rather than attention, and are always willing to talk to anyone about their car or any one elses car because they just are into cars.