Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone still play DAoC???/

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tagkc, Mar 22, 2004.

1. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

Anyone still play DAoC???/

I'm getting burned out on you know what, and saw DAoC w/ an expansion pack for $20. I have heard great things about this game, but that's been a while. Is is still thriving, or have the hoards left it? Is it easy to get started, or is it a case if you didn't get in at the start, you don't stand a chance?

Thanks folks

2. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

My guild is still rocking :)
    Altered State

I have no intention of quitting anytime soon. The merlin server alone consistantly gets over 3K people online every night, same as when I started playing a year ago.

It is easy to get started, pick your realm, your server, and your class, level to 5 and find a good guild and everything will be just fine. The game is awesome IMO.

-D2netDad

3. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

For me it's a case of buy it and start combatting an addiction of magnitudes [crowbar swings] could never come near. ;)

4. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

What's DaOC? :scratch:

5. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Dark age of camelot

6. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

On the Merlin Server under Albion I currently have:

50 Cleric
    50 Necromancer
    44.5 Reaver
    38 Cabalist (Legendary 1116 Tailor)
    35 Minstrel (Legendary 1009 Alchemist)

My wife currently has:

50 Necromancer
    48 Sorceress (600+ Spellcrafter)
    22 Paladin (Legendary 1117 Armorcrafter)
    22 Minstrel

If you are looking for a balanced game for both PvE and PvP, this game is awesome. There are numerous quests to do all the way up to and after you meet your highest level (50) and the Realm vs Realm aspect is by far the best out there. If you are looking for small scale warfare or large scale warfare you can find it, and lots of it quickly. If strategic aspects such as keep taking, realm defense, and patrol parties is your thing, then the game does that very well. One thing it's not so good at is 1 vs 1 combat. It is very rare that a 1vs1 is a fair fight. Usually someone gets the jump on someone else.

It is based around huge scale warfare though, and I've been in battles where there were 200 on a side, split 3 ways. There is always something going on that requires teamwork and leadership.

With your monthly fee you are given 8 characters per server, over ~15 servers. So you have plenty of opportunity to play all the classes you could ever want. They also have specific action servers such as roleplaying and PVP to suit the people who prefer that type of gameplay.

I see myself playing this game at least for another year, if not longer, regardless of what comes out in the mean time.

-D2netDad