Anyone seen The Butterfly Effect yet?

User Name

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyone seen The Butterfly Effect yet?

SPOILER!!!




































Sorry if there was a thread already, but I didnt see it.

Anways, when i saw the preview for the mavie a couple months ago, I was all hyped to see it mainly due to the storyline of time travel and the effects of what you do different can change the course of your life.

But now that I saw it, it was okay, but it still wasn't exactly what I had hoped for it to be.

Although I did find it kinda interesting how when he finally does something to get all his friends to turn out normal (aka not crazy or murderers), he relizes that in the process he looses his arms... so the girl he likes picks his other friend :xmad:
 

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
That part was probably kind of far fetched. First of all, that dude wouldn't have been doing her in his room while he was just chillin trying to sleep, especially if her brother was totally religious like that. I think all he had to do was go back to the first one and just tell him to not be so hard on tommy, but then again it never showed what happened to his other heavy friend in his frat life.
 

User Name

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
Well I guess I don't need to see it now. Perhaps a spoiler warning is in order?
its not a spoiler, you find out more watching the preview than what I just siad
 

Lithium

Diabloii.Net Member
"Although I did find it kinda interesting how when he finally does something to get all his friends to turn out normal (aka not crazy or murderers), he relizes that in the process he looses his arms... so the girl he likes picks his other friend"

That is a spoiler.
 

John_Connor

Diabloii.Net Member
User Name said:
its not a spoiler, you find out more watching the preview than what I just siad
I think its the part about him finding a way to make his friends turn out "normal", and saying that he loses his arms at one point (I love his reaction when he makes that discovery), that would be considered a spoiler. I don't think that's in the trailers.

I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would; I only thought of Kelso getting a brain freeze once. :) I don't know if it's that odd that his friends would be going at it while he's in the other bed in the room; keep in mind in the original timeline he didn't seem to care when his roommate was with a girl in their room either. I also don't think it matters that her brother is religious, 'cause he's not there, and she doesn't have to be religious just 'cause he is (and religious people don't always practice abstinece and aren't always shy about sexuality).

Anyhow, that's not of great relevance. I was quite impressed with the movie and recommend seeing it.
 

gismo

Diabloii.Net Member
nnndave said:
I think all he had to do was go back to the first one and just tell him to not be so hard on tommy, QUOTE]
He couldn't go back a second time to that moment. Remember after that he got thrown in jail and was only given two of his books and he only got to keep a few pages after the fight. He needed the exact page with that date in it to go back to that time, which in jail he didn't have that one. Atleast that's what I thought was the reason because I had the same thought as you at first.

The movie was really really good. Granted you have to just accept that he can time travel without ever getting a real reason why the time travel works. The movie is also just all shock factors. Which is the thing that makes the movie so good.
 

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
How does Ashton Kutcher do? In every single role I've ever seen him in, he's been Kelso, or something extremely similar.

Does he pull off this new character well? And don't think in terms of whether or not you liked the movie, think of his acting alone.
 

cryist

Diabloii.Net Member
User Name said:
Although I did find it kinda interesting how when he finally does something to get all his friends to turn out normal (aka not crazy or murderers), he relizes that in the process he looses his arms... so the girl he likes picks his other friend :xmad:
I'v seen it and this was just one of the out comes, there are more, and in my opion it was ok, and i would wait untill it comes out on dvd instea of paying 9 bucks to see the thing at the movies..
 

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
gismo said:
nnndave said:
I think all he had to do was go back to the first one and just tell him to not be so hard on tommy, QUOTE]
He couldn't go back a second time to that moment. Remember after that he got thrown in jail and was only given two of his books and he only got to keep a few pages after the fight. He needed the exact page with that date in it to go back to that time, which in jail he didn't have that one. Atleast that's what I thought was the reason because I had the same thought as you at first.

The movie was really really good. Granted you have to just accept that he can time travel without ever getting a real reason why the time travel works. The movie is also just all shock factors. Which is the thing that makes the movie so good.
No cause remember he went back anyways to get rid of the firecracker? Just because he lost the pages in prison doesn't mean they didn't re-exists in the next world he goes to.

Also, when he did that it was total bs. Remember when they were 13 and tommy said "look what my dad just got, I stole it from him" Well if his dad just got it, how come it was sitting in the SAME coffejar in the SAME place and had not been moved once in 7 years?
 

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i was going to see it, but since the entire film was Basically describe in this one thread, i am having second thoughts on what to do with my $15.00 dollars. Thats what i get for reading a spoiler thread. Probably still gonna see it to get my own opinion...
 

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
MinasMorgul said:
Well i was going to see it, but since the entire film was Basically describe in this one thread, i am having second thoughts on what to do with my $15.00 dollars. Thats what i get for reading a spoiler thread. Probably still gonna see it to get my own opinion...
I loved it, its one of those movies where you go and see it and you either love it or hate it. Don't take a girl though, go see it with some friends or something.

15 bucks?? DAMN thats expensive
 

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
MinasMorgul said:
Famous Players.... Silver City...

its cheaper than what I paid to See The Matrix Revolutions on the Imax... $23.00 a ticket
holy crap dude, that deserves a double-you-tee-ef.

I saw revolutions in an Imax as well, it was only 9 bucks. A normal ticket for me is 5.50, I guess its a student discout, but even the full adult price is only 7.50. But this whole town kind of caters to TCU students :D
 

Squeezle

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought that The Butterfly Effect was a great movie. It was way better than I thought. Ashton Kutcher didn't play a loser like he normally does.
 

User Name

Diabloii.Net Member
Dang, don't you people have any other options than paying $10-20 to see a movie?

Here, if you wait a month or two, you can see the movies at the Dollar Theater. And on tuesdays its $0.50 :D
 
Top