Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone seen The Butterfly Effect yet?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by User Name, Jan 30, 2004.

1. User Name

User Name IncGamers Member

Anyone seen The Butterfly Effect yet?

SPOILER!!!

Sorry if there was a thread already, but I didnt see it.

Anways, when i saw the preview for the mavie a couple months ago, I was all hyped to see it mainly due to the storyline of time travel and the effects of what you do different can change the course of your life.

But now that I saw it, it was okay, but it still wasn't exactly what I had hoped for it to be.

Although I did find it kinda interesting how when he finally does something to get all his friends to turn out normal (aka not crazy or murderers), he relizes that in the process he looses his arms... so the girl he likes picks his other friend :xmad:

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well I guess I don't need to see it now. Perhaps a spoiler warning is in order?

3. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

That part was probably kind of far fetched. First of all, that dude wouldn't have been doing her in his room while he was just chillin trying to sleep, especially if her brother was totally religious like that. I think all he had to do was go back to the first one and just tell him to not be so hard on tommy, but then again it never showed what happened to his other heavy friend in his frat life.

4. User Name

its not a spoiler, you find out more watching the preview than what I just siad

5. Lithium

Lithium IncGamers Member

"Although I did find it kinda interesting how when he finally does something to get all his friends to turn out normal (aka not crazy or murderers), he relizes that in the process he looses his arms... so the girl he likes picks his other friend"

That is a spoiler.

6. John_Connor

John_Connor IncGamers Member

I think its the part about him finding a way to make his friends turn out "normal", and saying that he loses his arms at one point (I love his reaction when he makes that discovery), that would be considered a spoiler. I don't think that's in the trailers.

I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would; I only thought of Kelso getting a brain freeze once. :) I don't know if it's that odd that his friends would be going at it while he's in the other bed in the room; keep in mind in the original timeline he didn't seem to care when his roommate was with a girl in their room either. I also don't think it matters that her brother is religious, 'cause he's not there, and she doesn't have to be religious just 'cause he is (and religious people don't always practice abstinece and aren't always shy about sexuality).

Anyhow, that's not of great relevance. I was quite impressed with the movie and recommend seeing it.

7. gismo

gismo IncGamers Member

8. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

How does Ashton Kutcher do? In every single role I've ever seen him in, he's been Kelso, or something extremely similar.

Does he pull off this new character well? And don't think in terms of whether or not you liked the movie, think of his acting alone.

9. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

I'v seen it and this was just one of the out comes, there are more, and in my opion it was ok, and i would wait untill it comes out on dvd instea of paying 9 bucks to see the thing at the movies..

10. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

11. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Well i was going to see it, but since the entire film was Basically describe in this one thread, i am having second thoughts on what to do with my $15.00 dollars. Thats what i get for reading a spoiler thread. Probably still gonna see it to get my own opinion...

12. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I loved it, its one of those movies where you go and see it and you either love it or hate it. Don't take a girl though, go see it with some friends or something.

15 bucks?? DAMN thats expensive

13. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Famous Players.... Silver City...

its cheaper than what I paid to See The Matrix Revolutions on the Imax... $23.00 a ticket

14. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

holy crap dude, that deserves a double-you-tee-ef.

I saw revolutions in an Imax as well, it was only 9 bucks. A normal ticket for me is 5.50, I guess its a student discout, but even the full adult price is only 7.50. But this whole town kind of caters to TCU students :D

15. Squeezle

Squeezle IncGamers Member

I thought that The Butterfly Effect was a great movie. It was way better than I thought. Ashton Kutcher didn't play a loser like he normally does.

16. User Name

Dang, don't you people have any other options than paying $10-20 to see a movie?

Here, if you wait a month or two, you can see the movies at the Dollar Theater. And on tuesdays its $0.50 :D