Anyone playing Diablo 1?

GucciLaFlair

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello all! Legit player here looking to play a new game with anyone. I'm not a seasoned vet so please keep that in mind, I do really enjoy the game though. I have tunngle installed and regularly use that for other games, PM me!

TheWarrior

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyone want to play D1? message me. I'm usually available on most weekends. Also looking for Iron-man team since I've never tried it before.

MrMuggins

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey cool, I am going to start a new char, havent played diablo 1 in a long time. I will try and keep in the lobby while my computer is on add me up if anyone wants to play; MrMuggins

Orcenaroos

Diabloii.Net Member
I installed Diablo 1 recently. Got a virus with it... but atleast I got to level 10 in the catacombs :p And is multiplayer still available. Cant wait till reaper of souls :D

Aldeb

Diabloii.Net Member
I also get the virus alert. Don't worry about it. I think it was bnupdate.exe or something of that sort, but the bug is clearly with the antivirus software in this case (I use avira).

I have an original Diablo CD from 1997.

Aldeb

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, for some reason I can't seem to join battlenet. I'm assuming Diablo is no longer supported. Or maybe it's just my internet.

But you can also play D1 on gameranger, as long as you have the latest update installed from blizzard. I usually found a player in the first 30 minutes of hosting a game.

Meast66

Diabloii.Net Member
You guys still actively playing? I've always had a soft spot for d1 and I'm getting the itch to start up again. I also have the original disc and will install asap.

Flux

Administrator
I've actually been playing occasionally over the past weeks. Sadly, the hardest part is making it work on modern computers. I couldn't get it playable at all on my new Win8 laptop. I tried every sort of compatibility mode option, but was never able to make it display properly, or not crash randomly, and couldn't make multiplayer characters at all.

I've been playing on my less new tower when I do play, running Win7 and it works fine.. but only d1 v1.0. If I update to v1.09 the colors get corrupted into neon hues and I can't find a way to fix it. (Even on v1 it snaps into neon every now and then, but fixes if I change dungeon levels or alt-tab out.) And I can play MP there, but unfortunately auto hotkey won't work (It will work if I play v1.09, but then the colors are arsed). I don't think a mage is playable without properly mapped hotkeys, so I'm limited to occasional low-skill play with a Rogue or Warrior, but it's fun and not just for the nostalgia.

Also and amusingly, duping is fixed on modern machines. I guess just since the clock cycles are so fast? At any rate I've tried to dupe elixirs or books, and it's impossible, just doing it with the walk and click timing. I used to have the timing down and could easily dupe 100 elixirs to boost the power curve and save endless Witch visits, but I haven't been able to dupe any books or elixirs now.

Evilfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Try opening the screen resolution window and leaving it open when it gives you all that colory nonsense.
D2 gives me the same nonsense, might work on this similar issue. Let me know if it works out?

Right click on desktop to select screen resolution

Flux

Administrator
Did a quick game tonight, just normal 13-16 for the bosses, and finally found a dreamflange. IWith a rogue, but minimage is plenty for normal item hunting.

Then did another game to try it out, and picked up various blue junk on my way down. Back to town to ID at the end and burst into laughter at this.

This on a lvl 35 rogue who I have been playing very casually over the past couple of months, who has zero other good quality items (other than dreamflange), and I and haven't even gone into hell with, yet.

I found one ob/zod ever in the years I was playing d1 heavily, and it wasn't even a good roll, like 33/18 on an amulet. And I took multiple chars to 50, lots other to high 40s, hundreds of hours of hell/hell runs, etc. And now that I don't need or really care...

moredreadd

Diabloii.Net Member
I've actually been playing occasionally over the past weeks. Sadly, the hardest part is making it work on modern computers. I couldn't get it playable at all on my new Win8 laptop. I tried every sort of compatibility mode option, but was never able to make it display properly, or not crash randomly, and couldn't make multiplayer characters at all.

I've been playing on my less new tower when I do play, running Win7 and it works fine.. but only d1 v1.0. If I update to v1.09 the colors get corrupted into neon hues and I can't find a way to fix it. (Even on v1 it snaps into neon every now and then, but fixes if I change dungeon levels or alt-tab out.) And I can play MP there, but unfortunately auto hotkey won't work (It will work if I play v1.09, but then the colors are arsed). I don't think a mage is playable without properly mapped hotkeys, so I'm limited to occasional low-skill play with a Rogue or Warrior, but it's fun and not just for the nostalgia.

Also and amusingly, duping is fixed on modern machines. I guess just since the clock cycles are so fast? At any rate I've tried to dupe elixirs or books, and it's impossible, just doing it with the walk and click timing. I used to have the timing down and could easily dupe 100 elixirs to boost the power curve and save endless Witch visits, but I haven't been able to dupe any books or elixirs now.
You can use virtual machines to run D1 on modern systems.
Have you tried using CPUgrabber of some kind to reduce clock cycles?

fresh air

Diabloii.Net Member
I am looking for someone to play with now and then (a group or 3 or 4 would be fine also). I am talking about Diablo 1. I have a level 17 sorceror. Message me or just respond to this thread if you're interested and we'll set up a time. No long-term commitment required of course, even one game would be cool.

Devil Squid

Diabloii.Net Member
I just started playing d1 again on ps1 and I'm currently loving the challenge of finding a KSoH, plus the overall feel and nostalgia of the game. I was wanting to get this game for my pc so I can play with others but I'm worried how difficult it might be to run it on windows 8.1. I just purchased d2 and I used svens glide wrapper to get it to work on my pc, so maybe d1 might work with a similar workaround. Anyone have any experience playing d1 on 8.1 or have any advice on making it compatible?

LordRage

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm looking for committed players who would like to start up a strong Ironman team. I play on a private IPX server and if anyone is interested please contact me. I've been practicing solo Ironman recently and looking forward to playing as a Rogue in the team(s). Most success I've had in Ironman was reaching Caves Lvl 10 Nightmare as a Rogue with a Warrior partner. The game play is cringing and relentless! Looking forward to hearing from avid Ironman players! You can also find me live @ http://www.twitch.tv/L0rdRage with Daily Diablo 1 Live Streams from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm CST (US)

Here is a highlight of my Ironman LOTL run!
http://www.twitch.tv/l0rdrage/c/5674261

Harleycooper

Diabloii.Net Member
i wouldnt play d1 online tbh ...singleplayer was just as good.. i cant tell you how much time i wqsted playing hellfire..but its to much lol probably one of my most played games..d2 i am playing .. d3 i got bored of fairly quickly i dont know but yea still a good game though...tbh u cant get much better than d1 and 2 that sht just rocks lol