Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

anyone play legit 1.09 SP anymore?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by derek06, Apr 1, 2004.

1. derek06

derek06 IncGamers Member

anyone play legit 1.09 SP anymore?

I have a level 21 barb who is still in act 1 normal on players 8. I do andy runs. Its soo much fun. I am trying to see what level I can get when I am done with normal prolly around 50-55.

2. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

I am still playing Diablo II v. 1.09, and will until I finish my Amazon. About your Barb... you probably will not make level 50 from Andarial runs. Monsters in Diablo II have a level, just like characters, and killing a monster whose level is much lower than yours drastically cuts the amount of experience you gain. If I recall correctly, Andy is monster level (mlvl) 18, and killing her if your character level (clvl) is higher than 23 results in almost no experience. I would suggest that you move on to Act II. There's new monsters and areas, all new challenges, and much nicer things than Andarial can drop.

Stony

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Hmm, Stony writes a mean story, but the reading skills aren't at their sharpest right now . . .

I'm pretty sure you can hit 50 by the end of Normal. ;) You'll have to do quite a few Baal runs toward the end of them, though.

4. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

I dont think anyone plays unlegit 1.09? :p

I liked 1.09, everything was a walk in the park. In 1.10, you almost die sometimes :surprise:

But you have the Hammerdin and Skellimancer for the "close to 1.09 experience" :lol:

5. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

heh... yeah 50 is definitely possible for normal... but normally, at least for me, I end up moving to nightmare around level 35ish at the latest... I usually beat Baal around lvl 30 or so, depending on the build. And this is going off what i remember of 1.09.

Nowadays, I've found myself sticking to Normal thru about level 40 or so, give me time to develop those level-30 skills... beat Baal around 35... then move on to NM and stick in nightmare til... well I haven't moved on from nightmare yet. I've got a lvl69 sorc who's idling in Act 5 nm, she's kind of afraid to move on because everything got much harder !!!

Nar

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Here are the levels you reach if you use the "full clear once everywhere" method (like I do):

1.09, players 1
    End of Normal: level 35
    End of Nightmare: level 56/57

1.10, /players 1
    End of Normal: level 37
    End of Nightmare: level 67

1.10, /players 8
    End of Normal: level 48/49
    End of Nightmare: level 74

7. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Ah, crimony, I must have been tired last night. Actually, I know I was tired, and I still am. Bleah. I hate rough weeks, I need less of them.

Stony

8. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

At least for the forseeable future I have absolutly no interest in 1.10. I am leveling my Burazon and trying to get the cannon before I meet Norm Baal. I am currently lvl 36 and have just killed Big D on Players8. I shouldn't have a problem getting to lvl 42 by the end of the act, but I don't think I'd have the patience to get to 50. :lol:

9. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

There's actually quite a few people still playing 1.09. Some play 1.09 exclusively, others have installed both patches. (The really keen ones play 1.07 as well...).

In 1.09, my main project is levelling some of my mats and pats. I'm trying to see how many I can get to 99.

Chris

10. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member

I only play 1.09 and host quite a bit too. If you are interested PM me and I will give you more details.

11. Destiny

Destiny IncGamers Member

hi, i'm back :) and really happy to see you didn't quit for real !

i'm still in v1.09B, and really would like to play MP.

What days/hours are best for you?

Skol!

- Destiny

12. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member