Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone know how much weight you lose runnning a mile? ifra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bobmarley, Jun 13, 2005.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

Anyone know how much weight you lose runnning a mile?

Anyone know how much weight you lose runnning a mile?
    If anyone could measure themselves before then after that'd be a big help. :thumbsup:

2. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

nothing you could measure on your average house scale, i assume :uhhuh:

3. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

You'd be better off asking how many calories you lose in a mile run I think. It would depend on how fast you run too wouldn't it?

KnightFall

4. bobmarley

Would you lose anything?

5. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

Yes, the sweat you would lose would amount to something I assume...

KnightFall

6. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Its about 100 Calories at nearly 10 miles per hour.

Arb

7. bobmarley

8. bobmarley

Anyone know how much you burn for running for 40 minutes?

9. Arbedark

40 mins at average of 14km per hour is around 500-600

Arb

10. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

don't count the callories if you ask me.
    if you are going to run then just do it everyday for about an hour and a half and after a month you will be pleased with the result. :thumbsup:

11. Arbedark

I agree, counting calories is pointless. I only answered because he asked :thumbsup:

Just running each day isnt good for you, Since as stated in the other thread, the best option is one day on, one day off. Also if you are looking for a full work out you'll need to do weights, or at least resistance machines.

Arb

12. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

You mean when you are just getting started right? I used to run 6-10 miles everyday when I was in high school. two days a week were really long slow running(usually monday and friday). one day was short then we played a few rounds of predator--which is like tag for big groups(usually wed), and twice a week would be speed workouts(usually tues/thurs). Saturday was a race and sunday was off. I went from decent shape to great shape fast.

of course if you're fat and lazy now you may want to build up into it. I'd start at just a couple miles maybe twice a week, then slowly move to every other day, then to every day. Running can be an intense workout, but you can also make it pretty lazy.

13. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

There are 3000 calories in a lb of fat. Sooooo... you'd burn maybe... 70, 80 calories depending on how fast you run it. The answer is: **** all. You'd lose more in water weight than actual tangible weight. Do a couple of miles a couple of times a week and then it will add up, though.

I find weights take weight off me faster than cardio and cardio is bad on my knees. And for weights I don't need to do day on/day off rotation. I can do it 5-6 days a week and see results all the much faster.

14. xOSERx

xOSERx IncGamers Member

One of the biggest benefits in running and exercising in general is not just that you lose X amount of grams of fat when you do it. When you practice a regular exercise program, your metabolism changes to suit your new lifestyle. You'll find that you'll burn more Calories even when you're sitting still, because your body is prepared for physical activity 24/7. As a result, you'll have more energy throughout the day and just generally feel better.

Accordingly, your appetite will change, and you'll probably want to eat more than you did. If you're actually trying to lose weight, eating right is just as important as exercising. You need to be burning more Calories than you're taking in, while still maintaining the nutrients your body needs.

15. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

How do I loose cheeks,the one on the face I mean, :eek: .I eat lot of fatty stuff,oily chicken,etc...:lady:

Can someone offer some tips on how to become a lean & mean muscular machine?-I will be joining a healthclub next month so that should help.Anything besides that? :clap:

Rik

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

This is true... which is why I prefer building muscle as opposed to cardio. Because weight training does more for your metabolism than cardio.

Edit: You can't spot reduce. So losing weight in your face will come with losing weight as a whole. There's no other way around it.

Personally I hate weight clubs and gyms. I think they're an enourmous waste of money. I have my own little gym in my basement and use that.

17. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Weight clubs and gyms are good if you live in a small apartment and move to a new one every year.

I'm pretty sure you burn around 100 calories a mile no matter how fast you run it. Speed doesn't make that much difference as far as burning the calories goes, because calories are energy and you don't expend much more energy over a certain distance by running faster. A slight bit more, but not a lot.

Combining weight training with cardio is definitely a great way to lose weight. Throw in a good diet and you are on the path to success. The best tip I can offer is to make it routine. You do routine things whether you want to or not, like eating a meal or brushing your teeth (hopefully). If it becomes part of your day, you're probably not going to skip it, or talk yourself out of going.

18. Damnatorius

Damnatorius IncGamers Member

doing it with some friends every so many days will also make you actually do it :)

19. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson IncGamers Member

Just running a mile wont actually yield any noticeable weight loss, usually. However, it depends on the conditions. For example, if you run a mile in 50 degree weather, then in 100 degree weather, youre obviously going to be lighter after the 100 degree, mostly because you sweat more.

This past year of high school i ran the mile and the two mile every track meet, and one meet after i got my personal bests in both (4:52 and 10:53 respectively, not that it matters) i weighed myself before and after because it was especially hot that day, and i lost a little over a pound.

Basically, run a mile everyday, for 2 weeks, then bump it up a half a mile every 2 weeks thereafter, and you will see your results.

20. LoVePlAyBoY

LoVePlAyBoY IncGamers Member

i suggest not eating this .... http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=355439

i suggest drink lots water ( you eat less ) and find something active to do gym/sports/jogging and do it