Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone know about designing T-Shirts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Technetium, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

Anyone know about designing T-Shirts?

I want to do a T-Shirt for a music show I'm going to on the 22nd (I'm going to Queensryche/Symphony X, if you want to know). I need to know how one goes about designing the graphics to be printed. I am fine with Photoshop. What pixel dimensions should the image be? Is it hard to find a place to get it printed, or can most printing shops do it?

2. gaoneng

gaoneng IncGamers Member

Just do it. The printing shop will scale it for you to make it look nice and proportioned on all shirt sizes, you can even specify positions like on the sleeves on the side on the bottom on wherever. Check how they charge for colors and such. Some printing companies charge by black/white OR color while some others actually count the number of colors you have so you go can go with several indexed colors, which will affect your design directly. And solid colors generally print nicer than gradients.

So yeah just do it, on 150dpi A4, it really doesn't matter.

3. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

Yeah, and if your printer isnt very good, you might want to consider bringing the file itself on a CD/floppy to the shop and have them print it out for you. They usually have good printers.

Also, keep in mind that usually, black wont come as black as a black shirt, so it will be possible to distinguish black background from the shirt.
    White background on a white shirt comes beautiful though.

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Why don't you just call the print shop and ask them what they recommend? Different machines print differently. They can tell you what you need to do to make it look right.

And while you're at it, talk them up a bit. Maybe finagle your way into a graphic design job. It might not be the best job but you're in the field again :thumbsup: