Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone interested in a Hunt/Ironman?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Feb 10, 2004.

1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Anyone interested in a Hunt/Ironman?

I miss these things. I got a hankering for a USEast Ironman/Hunt...

I'm thinking a Hunt/Ironman to Andy, and the winner takes the prize. Here's how I would work it.

1) Private game, as many as we can get to join up... all chars are created with names of my choosing (prevents twinkage).
    2) All characters will be Paladins.
    3) There is no restriction to how high you can level to, but at 9 you must return to town and hostile the party.
    4) You can choose to level initially with the party or on your own.
    5) At level 9, you will have a selection of several weapons available from me (the host) in town and receive some gold to go shopping/gambling.
    a) These weapons will include Clegs Sword, Rixots Keen, or Knell Striker. First come first served. Your armors/jewelry are completely up to you and your finds.
    b) Once you receive your weapon, you have 1 minute to shop or leave town - no camping. Camping town gets immediate disqualification. Camping a waypoint is encouraged.
    c) All chars will be looted by me upon death so I can do this again someday.
    6) All drops are public domain, and stealing drops is allowed.
    7) No requirement for your type of Pally build or strategy.
    8) Last man standing or first to kill Andy is the winner
    9) If you die to a monster you are immediately disqualified, so be careful.
    10) And yours truly may be participating.

I'll make the prize a Hardcore Ladder Shaftstop.

The where and when:
    Where: USEast, Channel "op dthhc"
    When: Saturday, 3PM Eastern Time/Noon Pacific Time

Any takers?

Let me know here in this thread, PMs are limited to 5 messages only so that's not the best way to sign up.

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

im definifly intrested, but could we discuss a few things first? (rules)
    And also, i reccomend we find multiples of all weapons (i can help here, ill do some normal meph runs)

Hmmm... i think i definitly can do it, while im writing, im talking with my girlfriend... and shes busy saturday, so it looks like im avaliable ;)

Anywho, i would like to maybe possibly edit these rules:

no level restriction (my bet is we will see a bunch of level 12 chargers. (as in the whole game) because its obviously the best build :)

I would also vote to up the time allowed in town upon hitting level 9, 1 minute is not too much time, i say 5 or so.

Maybe allow all classes? Or we could do more than one on sat....

I think it would be fun to see some other builds around other than charger paladins, there will be little if any variation from the might/charge build, If we allow all classes, we might see some sins, some amazons (me maybe :) )
    Possibly a necro or two... i dunno, variation is good!

Also, would it work to say killing andy is allowed, but you dont win by doing it? Maybe we could say no going to act2, but if you kill andy, you will get a normal gem, some chipped gems, a very good chance of good drops...

I dunno, im just throwing out ideas, and yes, count me in (im 95% sure i can be in, i cant promise 100% for sure though...)

-Matt

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

In in in in...

4. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

Im in but leave the level cap at 9 or 11 there shouldnt be any chargers cause everyone would be a damn charger and that wouldnt be any fun. Also could you tell the strength and dex requirements for the wepons so we know how to build them? Thx.

5. ConnerMacleod

Alright, I will consider other classes. I'd like some other people's input into it. I like Pally only because that is a more equal footing and sounds more fun to me. Remember that you are only getting a weapon, not the entire set. Assassins can be too overpowered at level 9, even without twinking, and necros can curse. Druids would have a ton of life, etc. I really like Pally only, but the masses can vote.

Killing Andy as the win-all condition stands, because I said nothing about camping Cat 3, which is completely allowed. BUT I WILL ADD a condition to it - so see below. Remember tho, going after Andy at about level 9 is not a smart move because if you die, you are out.

I also have no objection to alliances. You can team up 2 ppl against everyone, 3 on 3, etc, as long as there is one last person standing. (see below though for that condition!) Remember that there is only one prize, so there can be only one! :)

Shopping in town takes a person about 1 minute to locate what they need, and I'll up that to 5 minutes. The only reason I put a severe time limit on it is because people tend to camp the thing and wait for the herd to thin out before going back out. You aren't going to be doing true shopping, just locating what is available and getting on with it. Once you leave town, you cannot return again. You must stock up on your pots while in town.

Except for the weapon, you will be mostly untwinked. And you can choose to not use the weapon I give you.

I appreciate the suggestions, but if I establish too many rules people will:

A) Not participate because it's too much to remember
    B) Not follow them anyhow.

Basically it's a free for all.

The KILL ANDY TO WIN Condition: You must solo kill her to win. If you are teamed up at any time after level 9 during the competition, that option is out for you to win. If you choose to ally up with someone else, you must be the last man standing to win. You can choose to team up to kill Andy just to spoil it for the others, however.

6. ConnerMacleod

Link for weapons

Consult Arreat Summit.

Cleglaws is a Set Item

Rixot's is a Unique Short Sword

Knell Striker is a Unique Scepter

There is no guarantee that you will get that item however, first come first served. Depending upon the number of participants, the number of each will vary. With Seven people in game, there will be 3 Rixots, 2 Clegs, and 2 Knells available. With 6 it would be 2/2/2 respectively, 5 2/2/1 respectively, etc.

On Saturday I will post a reminder message so the first in the channel get to participate.

7. ConnerMacleod

Chargers are allowed. Remember tho, max block/Zealots can waste a Charger who cannot one-hit kill, and god forbid you lag out mid charge. Keep in mind that you will have to level 3 more times to hit level 12, all while being hostiled.

I'm also considering some additional quest rewards... How does this sound?

For returning to the Referee any of the following items, you will receive a Cathans Ring: The Malus, the Scroll of Inifuss, Wirt's Leg. This would allow you to return to town to receive the item (and then quickly exit).

And another consideration is item upgrades given by the referee. For example: You locate an Ethereal Non-Magic Sash and return it to me for a Death's Sash. You locate Ethereal Non-Magic Leather Gloves and return them to me for Death's Gloves. Another "return-to-town-allowed" condition.

Anyone else like this idea? I'm figuring this will last a good 45 minutes to an hour.

8. GoodSlinky

GoodSlinky IncGamers Member

Count me in.

*NGrumpy

edit:

In response to your suggestion to reward certain quest items with a cathan's ring; I think that doing so would shift the game from being a free-for-all fight to a "Who found the most stamina potions?" race. It's your call, but I don't like the idea. :(

9. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

i <3 this idea

i am loving this idea, if i had the item stash to offer a nice reward i would do it, but sign me up for sure.
    I like the entire only pally idea, another class that wouldn't be so stacked would be barb or amazon but there's always future involvements right?

Lol Well the devil is alive and well, for now. I'm In :drink:

10. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

Umm what if someone uses mh without us knowing? That would be mad ***. Just a question?

11. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

im in i think

12. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

i like this count me in *y_yun

13. ConnerMacleod

Well Goodslinky, you have a very valid point. But remember that it would shift the balance of the game. Many people can duel without awesome gear, others have to have gear to be good. So it kind of keeps the competition a little more fair in that a person who isn't as good has a chance to get a leg up. That's what makes it more fair to the people who are not good at dueling. Also, it may make a person have to change their build up! Can make it worse too.

My thinking on this idea of quest reward is simple: There are those that will be killing as fast as they can to level. Others will be hunting down the quest rewards and not leveling as fast. So the people that spend their time leveling will be to 9 first, while those that race will take more time to hit 9. Maybe your build will require a level 12? Maybe you want to be better geared at 9?

Think about that for a second... if you hit 9 first, you get first choice at the weapons available and can continue to level higher while the others try to hit 9. Because everyone has to hostile at 9, if you race to get rewards, you get last choice of weapons, but other stuff instead. And with 5% of all items that drop having the chance of being ethereal, the odds are kinda low in finding the stuff to exchange out. I will limit the number that can be exchanged (i.e., only 'x' death's hands, 'y' sashs, etc)

I'm thinking of throwing in a gaze I found in place of the shaft. And Friday night I'll post the completed rules in the final post.

And I love doing this stuff, so there will be more of them. I like interesting and different ways to change up the monotony of ironman.

14. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

Count me in. *joltx on useast

15. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

umm this is just a thought but wouldnt the person who got the scroll of inifus also be the person who got wirts leg?

16. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

Ooooh can i play can i play???

17. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Well, i for one plan against being an assassin or a pally... i guess you will just have to wait and see what im planning!

How are we doing the dueling part?

Anything goes? potions? wells? shrines? mercs? Prayer? Hmmm?

I think that your idea of eth items for a better one is good, except say one guy finds an eth sash, he gets CBF... a massive advantage! Also... could it be something along the lines of: We all submit one item we would like to have (a unique or set, not socketed maybe?) Because my build would have little to no use for a melee weapon or cathans ring...

Just a thought.
    All in all, i like the twinking, but i hope it doesnt turn into: Haha, i got the clegs sword+deaths sash, i can take you guys 6v1 and still come out unscathed :)

(oh, whose in? i think more than 7 people have asked to be in)
    -Matt

18. 1-up

1-up IncGamers Member

Im in...
    *1-up

(oh and btw i got dibs on cleg sword and its a sacred rule that you cant break dibs......haha j/k)

19. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

So there's 3 weapons, and 7 players...
    Is there going to be 2-2-3 or what?

20. AliZe

AliZe IncGamers Member

im in :) sounds like fun....