Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone here into crafting?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Sharaz, May 16, 2005.

1. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

Anyone here into crafting?

well my first addiction, is definatly grand charm re-rolling. charm re-rolling is fueled by countless MF and baal runs, where i am watchful to snag every flawless gem i can get my grubbly little hands on.

recently, i have been putting aside every perfect amethyst i cube, for use with crafting caster ammys. this also means ive been hording rals and jewels, and when i get them, i just put them on my lvl 94 sorc, who i use to perform all my crafts. when i get 12 of each piece i need, ill take her to gheed, and gamble the ammys i need to craft. so far, ive made a few keepers, but none that are true show stoppers. about my best is +2 elemental, 20% fcr, 10 all resist, couple other meaningless things.

anyway, starting last weekend, im going to try to craft other kinds of ammys too. the saftey and blood ammys sound pretty neat, and might go well on either my avenger or bowazon, or my poleaxe barb, if i can roll up a +2 skiller. in order to keep this madness under control, i went and created a new mule account, for crafting supplies. then i made 2 mules, names -ral, -thul, and -amn. previously, when muling after a day of play, i would dump all the rals and jewels and pamethysts in one pile, and bring my crafter sorc in to pick them up. more often than not, there were many more jewels than rals (or way fewer amethysts), and i would just have to leave some to rot. now, my process is to make 4 piles. rals, thuls, amns, and jewels (and we all know countess drops enough of these!). now, instead of the crafter sorc holding the supplies until it time to craft a few, i bring in the proper mule, and pick up the rals, and then pick up an equal amount of jewels to go with them. same thing for thuls and amns, and if there arnt enough jewels to go around, im sure thats just typical. surely there will be days when jewels are much more plentyful than runes. thats just the way the game works. i also tend to load up my MF finds onto an old pally that i use to just dump(trade) for pgems (see first line of this post), and now ill be parting out other than just the pamythsts.

so, now when i get 12 each of the rune, jewel, and pgem that is necessary for crafting, then ill bring her and the crafter sorc into the game,a nd craft away.

im sure eventually ill craft a few items categories other than ammys some day, but ammys seem to be the best bang for your buck, with the ease of rolling +2 skillers or +2 alls.

so there you have it. anyone else spend significant amount of time preparing for and crafting items? how do you keep your self organized?

2. skihard

skihard Banned

I craft the following item, Caster amulets, Blood rings, Blood Gloves, and Blood axes. Beyond that I haven't found much worth crafting as there are rune words and uniques that are better. I don't craft blood amulets, because once you get LL the level requirement gets high. And if you get LL above the 4% that is always on it you will have a level requirement of 95. Any Mana leech on crafted amulets results in lvl 95 req.

Best crafted items are-
    +2 Sorc lightning, +20 fcr, +19 resist all, +15 strength - amulet
    +1 Pali, +19 fcr, +16 resist all, other mods - amulet
    +2 Bone/Poison, +20 fcr, +15 cr, fr, pr, +20 lr, +20 mana - amulet

+2 bow/crossbow, +20 Ias, +15 dex, + 6 LL, 10% CB, +18 Life - Blood Gloves

+360 ED, +20min dmg, +30ias, +7 LL, fast repair, +20 life - zerk axe

+10 fcr, +6 LL, +6 ML, +19 life, +4 str, +13 resist all - Blood Ring

3. greatrambino1981

greatrambino1981 IncGamers Member

I went crazy crafting blood gloves a while ago. Nothing really great. No zon skills anyway. Some had 20IAS 10CB and a little LL. It's like rolling skillers, not everyone you do will turn out great, but eventually you get a good one.

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

5. Shadow Raven

Shadow Raven IncGamers Member

i craft caster amulets don't have time to dig up my best crafts thinks its a +pala skill one with 8%FCR or a +1pala skill one with 18% FCR

i would like to start crafting blood gloves but getting hold of the base glove is my problem there.

SR

6. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

I just started for the first time. I am crafting "Hit Power" Gloves, and hope I will eventually get:

+2Bow/20IAS/Knockback (well, knockback is on every hit power gloves, but the other two stats are a bit hard to find).

7. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I bet that blood ring has a level 96 req due to the 6ML. I made a similar ring but with 14 MF which was perfect for horking with a Barb but can't use it. Instead I use a gambled rare :
    Plague Turn Ring Level 65
    10% FCR 5% ML 8% LL 18 Stamina (woohoo !) 21 Fire res +1 Mana ker kill

8. Shadow Raven

Shadow Raven IncGamers Member

one other mod you may want to look for is some LL or ML depending on needs don't aim to low :D

SR

9. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

I've been crafting (gloves) all season and ended up with 2 pair that I traded off. Both were about the same. Here's one of them:

[​IMG]

One of the pairs went for 4 hr and this one here went for a 15/1/1 Faith GM.
    That's why I craft. (I still use my Laying of Hands. ;) )

10. skihard

skihard Banned

I think it's lvl 89, I can't use it yet on any of my characters and I don't want to trade it because it's a god ring IMO, but both my pali and my sorc seem to be stuck at lvl 87. I just need to do some baal runs but I hate those so as it stands still trying to level

11. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Do any of you know of a semi-easy way to find the base gloves for crafting Hit power gloves?

I was thinking about perhaps getting a character to a good level and shopping for gloves (hopefully heavy bracers), but I don't ever recall seeing exceptional or elite versions of chain gloves for sale at vendors.

Here's a question: Is the ilvl of items bought at vendors always set by the character who actually does the purchasing? For example, if I found a pair of magical gloves for sale with a relatively low character (lets say a lvl 11 found a pair of magical chain gloves) and then my friend with another character came and bought the gloves out of the trade screen. Would the ilvl be based on the high clvl who bought it or the low clvl who "found" it?

12. skihard

skihard Banned

I purchase my gloves, and axes at hell Lazurks the rings and ammies I use are usually found in worldstone level 2 or 3, and the pits. lvl ** rings/level ** or 86 amulets

13. front243

I gamble for chain gloves. About 50% of the times they turn out to be Heavy Bracers or Vambraces. Your second question I can't answer.

14. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Hell Larzuk sells Vambraces? I tried shopping there a couple times with a high level character (83 i think) and didn't have much luck, although granted I didn't do it for all that long.

I'm starting to think gambling will be the way to go, although really expensive, but that's what hell trav runs are for, right?

15. front243

I do it during my MF runs. Sells all useless armors, scepters, wands, orbs etc. to vendors and have a few 100.000's in no time. I usually gamble gloves at hell anya, perhaps you can gamble them at another vendor as well, don't know.

16. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for your help. I'll just gamble them against my friend's will (he thinks it's a waste of gold). I should probably gamble them with a ~85 character so when I craft with my level 36 it'll even out the ilvl to be good for hit power gloves.

17. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

just to clear up some misinformation in some previous posts

it is possible to gamble bracers and vambraces...ilvl of the gambled gloves vary between clvl -5 to clvl +4

you CANNOT shop vambraces...any item shopped will have an ilvl equal to clvl +5
    use this calculator to determine what vendor to shop gloves http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcarson/shopcalc.html

btw all of this info is in the zon forum stickied glove guide that i previously linked

18. Hetchman

Hetchman IncGamers Member

gamble the gloves, just make a gold find barb. dual babas with lem lem in each one, dual dwarf stars, crown o thieves, goldwrap, chancies, etc etc etc. have a good killing weapon, then switch to babas and hork. a good hork on council will net you 100k+ gold

19. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Gambling the gloves worked pretty well, although I crafted 7 pairs, I didn't get any fantastic rolls =/. Oh well, perhaps next time. Getting the base gloves isn't the problem anymore, which is a huge plus. I still have quite a few Orts laying around, but right now I'm low on sapphires, but it won't be long before I'm crafting like crazy again. Thanks for your help guys.