Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

anyone have tips on muleing?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Ogre smash goo, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Ogre smash goo

Ogre smash goo IncGamers Member

anyone have tips on muleing?

is there any way to safely and legitly mule stuff the only way i know is make a private game and pray it stays up long enough to get your character into the game. I don't know anyone in the game so i have to do all muleing solo

2. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

I believe that games automatically save after 5 minutes. But they only last for a few minutes afterwards if you don't rejoin (not sure how long this lasts). The safest thing that I would say you could do is look at the time when you enter the game, and exit 6 minutes later to be safe, unless for some reason you use a stopwatch-then you can be more accurate.

3. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

Or you could do what I do when I don't feel like annoying a friend to help me mule, join an act2-5 questing game, normal of course.
    Then proceed to mule in act 1, after making sure no-one is in act 1 of course.

Works a charm if you are careful and fast.

4. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

retro is correct. Game will be permed after five minutes. I wait the five minutes, longer actually to be sure, and then quit and re-enter with the same character before dropping anything. That way I know the game is cool to leave and re-enter at will. Then it's "safe" to drop items on the ground, exit game, re-enter with second character and pick up the items. A word of caution though: b.net is unpredictable in it's stability and using this technique you run the risk of realm crash, being tagged, computer crash and a host of other quirks that can cause you to lose that godly item you're trying to get to your other character. Safer ways would be to have a second computer so you could mule your own two player game or have a VERY trusted friend to stay in game while you do your business.

Glenn

5. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

dont listen to this guy ... people will jack ur stuff ... ive got some pretty good stuff from people who do this ... every one who has played the game for a while knows if someone comes in and dosnt join your party, then leaves quickly then to go check act 1 for mueling ... same for people who join game with a lvl 1 and say "wait... ill go get my higher lvl char" ... if someone says that i always go straight to act 1... if your stupid enough to try that then i have no mercy with your items. :xsmile5:

6. Eddie_Dean

Eddie_Dean IncGamers Member

someone else bein 'stupid' is no excuse to be a thief.

7. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

Meh, I have used that method and no items stolen yet.

8. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

That does suck, but they run the risk by entering a public game with people they don't know, dropping items that anyone can grab.

That's like going to some public place like a restaurant or bar, dropping a wad of cash (knowing full well that you're leaving it there), leaving, and then coming back and getting mad that someone took it.

An item is no longer yours once it leaves your hands in Diablo, especially on a public server with anonymous people. It sucks, but that's the risk you run.