Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone have an explanation of .09 bugged items?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by m1rage, Feb 10, 2004.

1. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Anyone have an explanation of .09 bugged items?

As the title implies, does anyone know how items were bugged in .09? I'm not asking how to bug items now in any way, techniques, tips to do so, nor am I interested. I thought it would be interesting to know how and the history behind the bugging of items. Sorry if this has been asked already, but searching old threads doesn't work since they get deleted in a few days anyways. :confused:

2. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

Several methods prodcuded bugged items. One was hacking them in. Some people found a way to upload single player characters into battle.net games. With them they brought occy sojs etc. The people then told blizzard about the exploit and it was patched, but they weren't informed about the items smuggled in. Another way bugged items were produced was through hiccups in the game code. Somehow, mephisto especially, when two unique dropped they fused into one. This caused cliffkiller gloves, buriza amulets and so on. This still happens, although its chances are 1 in a billion. Finally, Iths were made through "buying" runes out of a item. This was patched eventually, but all the iths were duped to hell. These are the main causes of hacked and bugged items. Cheers!

3. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Good read, thanks much for the explanation!
    :clap:

4. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Any chance of these so called "fused" items. Always wanted to find a Skull Collector Ring...mmmm...

5. Boddah_khan

As I said, its a very rare happening. There was experimentation with a outside program that lagged the server, then dropped an item at the same time and same location as mephisto, hoping for a fuse. As far as I know, it never worked, and only got those who tried tagged/banned. So just Mf a lot, and maybe in 100 years you might get a fuse. Maybe.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Somehow i dont think thats how hacked items came to.

7. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

from what i hear most of the so called "bugged" items came into being from being imported from open bnet.

however there IS the possibility of an items stats spawning on a completely different item. I've heard of an arm of king leoric sword before

8. Boddah_khan

You're right. I'm lying. I made up the whole post to look cool. If you don't believe me, I can provide about 5 links that verify my explanation. Another person also verified the fusing and uploading in this thread. Don't beleive me if you don't want to.

9. blujazz

blujazz IncGamers Member

The explanations were really good. Thanks a mil, man.

Sad to say, Blizzard's move to remove all bugged items failed. I had resisted the urge to use MH to view other people's items until recently. The spark for me breaking the so-called law was the simple fact that I could not understand how so many people who played with me in the Asia realm could plow through monsters in Hell mode. And when I finally turned on MH to view their items, surprise surprise.......

And to think I kept myself "pure". Man, I was a real moron......

10. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Like there was the bugged sigons shield on west that went from collector to collect before the mass duping in 09. I dont recall its stats, but it actually was worst than the normal sigons...

11. th5418

th5418 Banned

Its just the fused items thing.....never seen a cliffhanger glove or something.........

12. Thanatosia

Thanatosia IncGamers Member

You must'nt have hanged out in trade rooms then, at least not USEAST trade rooms. The Occy ring (Ring with the stats of the Occulus) was a very very common duped fuse, almost everyone I know had one, and the going rate for it was around 25-40 Pgems. Other Common fuses included the Wizspike Ring (very nice for maxing your resists), and the Cliffkiller Ammy (never heard of gloves). The Occy Ring was by far the most common of the 3 above mentioned fuses, the Wizspike Ring was somewhat common, and the cliffkiller Ammy was sorta rare but not unheard-of so (it traded in the IK armor/WF range).

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

So, the fuse was when someone IDed a unique ring, it said Stone of Jordon but it had occy stats on it?

14. Boddah_khan

Yeah. Another items stats were rolled onto another unique when it dropped. But occy and wizardspike soj's were hacked in, not fused. And sorry about messing up the item type for the cliffkiller fuse, been a long time. There were also other fuses. I've seen pictures of a arkaines valor ring, and I think it was a buriza gloves... Anyways, cheers!

15. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

it was SOOO funny when occyring users got pelted with a barrage of arrows.

CHAIN TELEPORTATION!

16. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Ever try strafing at an occy user? They tele a lot faster then guided and that zon's gotta get dizzy following the sorc

Did they really have buriza gloves? That was always my dream item, nobody else seemed to think they'd be awesome but 80 ias/200 ed/damage on level/freezes target/100 piercing would be jawdroppingly beautiful.

17. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

was wondering myself how those came to be, i guess that explains it :p ty

peace.

18. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Yep. During the game rollback era when games wouldnt' save and everyone could make town-fulls of dupes in non saving games it was possible to actually tell the server what you have instead of the server telling you what you have. Some people got the idea to simply bring in open characters into the game since all realm guys were cloaked during that period. Really no hacking was involved for that method and it is how a majority of the items were made. It was very simple and very effective. That is how items like quark's jewels, perf ecbbq's and whatnot came to exist.

Being on topic here, buriza gloves did exist on West, and so did Ribcracker gloves. I had the only pair I've ever seen and still have never seen another pair since that time.